Miracle Question about FTTF and luggage

BambiD

Fellow Cruisers :)

We are first time Carnival cruisers so please forgive me if this question is somewhere else on the boards.....

We purchased FTTF and from what I'm reading, that includes the ability to go straight to our stateroom. Are we able to keep our luggage with us and just drop it ourselves?

If so, can you please share why we might WANT to let the porters take it to our stateroom for us instead of bringing it with us?

Also - if I am reading these boards correctly FTTF holders check in at a different station than other folks. Is that true and what has your experience been with this added service?

TIA!

Sorry - we are traveling from Los Angeles to Mexico on a 6 day.

You believe the porters would get the luggage to the stateroom quicker than we will? Just curious - we've never done this before with Carnival :)

Hi,

We NEVER check our luggage with the porters.

We travel with one wheeled bag each +1 backpack or large tote each. We keep our luggage with us and just take it straight to your cabin and drop it off. Porters will not get the luggage to your cabin faster and you will be waiting for it!

IF you have lots of luggage that you canNOT handle yourself then by all means check it but otherwise there is no reason to give it to the porters.

We have traveled on the Miracle many many times this way so no problem at all.

Edited by riffatsea

We've used FTTF several times, and never has our luggage beaten us to the cabin. Another thing to remember is to not expect your luggage by any particular time. FTTF is supposed to get your luggage to your cabin sooner then non-FTTF/priority passengers, but they do not specify a time.

Both times on the miracle the bags got there before we did. with FTTF

If you went to your cabin directly from check in and made no stops along the way, it is impossible for the luggage you left with the porters to be in the cabin before you.

If you grabbed lunch, got a drink, etc, then sure, its possible.

If you went to your cabin directly from check in and made no stops along the way, it is impossible for the luggage you left with the porters to be in the cabin before you.

If you grabbed lunch, got a drink, etc, then sure, its possible.

Yes we don't race to get to the cabin. Get there early give them the bags. then it is at lest hour if not hour & 1/2 before you get on the ship and get to the cabin Right. Both time bag there.

Yes we don't race to get to the cabin. Get there early give them the bags. then it is at lest hour if not hour & 1/2 before you get on the ship and get to the cabin Right. Both time bag there.

The OP is talking about FTTF, so it would not be an hour or an hour and a half until you get to the cabin.

For us, it is about 15 minutes or so, from the time we check in until we get on the ship and we go directly to our cabin to drop off our carry ons. Our luggage is not there, ever.

The OP is talking about FTTF, so it would not be an hour or an hour and a half until you get to the cabin.

It's all in the timing. You get there at 10AM and boarding doesn't start until noon, your luggage could very well beat you to the room. Get there at 1:30 and walk right on, you'll beat it.

OP, don't forget non-checked luggage has to fit through the scanner (just like an airport).

It's all in the timing. You get there at 10AM and boarding doesn't start until noon, your luggage could very well beat you to the room. Get there at 1:30 and walk right on, you'll beat it.

OP, don't forget non-checked luggage has to fit through the scanner (just like an airport).

it needs to fit the scanner but just about any luggage fits. You can find the dimensions on the website but remember the height doesn't really matter, it can be really long, just not too wide or high. You can take the standard medium and large size bags just fine. Many people think you can only take the airlines carry on size but that just isn't the case.

I've had faster to the fun a few times. I always check my luggage. It's never beaten me there before. When we were on the miracle with fttf they lost my daughters bag for a while. We didn't get it until after dinner. The tag had fallen off.

Lillian ️[emoji568]

Our luggage is pretty standard size. Hard. Shelled... 360' roller types. I just wondered if it was a hassle to try and keep your luggage through boarding. For instance, narrow turnstiles or single file lines to navigate... Etc.

For us, it is about 15 minutes or so, from the time we check in until we get on the ship and we go directly to our cabin to drop off our carry ons. Our luggage is not there, ever.

I have only been on one cruise before. We had FTTF and unless I missed something there was no opportunity for anyone to get to their cabins early. They had the entryways to all the cabins blocked off until approximately 1:30 when everyone was let in. Are the policies different by ship? Were we allowed back to our cabin and just weren't aware?

Thanks for any info you have.

I have only been on one cruise before. We had FTTF and unless I missed something there was no opportunity for anyone to get to their cabins early. They had the entryways to all the cabins blocked off until approximately 1:30 when everyone was let in. Are the policies different by ship? Were we allowed back to our cabin and just weren't aware?

No, the policies are the same for all ships. You should have been able to access your cabin before 1:30 with FTTF. In the future if that happens, open the doors and let them know you have FTTF, if they still tell you no, go to Guest services.

That option is available for Diamond/Platinum and FTTF folks only.

We sailed on the Miracle 2 months ago. We had FTTF, were at the port early, and had our bags on the first cart that the porters started for our cruise. Our tags had FTTF on them and we told the porter about it too, as a reminder. We were onboard the ship by noon and our bags were delivered to our room at 4:30. Many people in our hallway got their luggage before us. There is no specified time for luggage delivery-even with FTTF. We were thrilled that our cabin was ready upon boarding and that we could drop off our carryons before hitting the buffet.

We just got off the Miracle on Saturday. We did not purchase FTTF for this cruise. We dropped our luggage off with a porter and checked in around 11:00 (our check in time was 1:00-1:30 but since we were there, they checked us in) and went over to the Queen Mary to kill some time. We boarded around 1:30-1:45 (bypassing the long check-in line since we already had our sign and sail cards) and went straight to our cabin. Our luggage arrived by 3:00 and we were unpacked well before the muster drill. It was very simple and hassle free.

We sailed on the Miracle 2 months ago. We had FTTF, were at the port early, and had our bags on the first cart that the porters started for our cruise. Our tags had FTTF on them and we told the porter about it too, as a reminder. We were onboard the ship by noon and our bags were delivered to our room at 4:30. Many people in our hallway got their luggage before us. There is no specified time for luggage delivery-even with FTTF. We were thrilled that our cabin was ready upon boarding and that we could drop off our carryons before hitting the buffet.

This happened to us once when we had FTTF. I did point out to the porter that the bags were tagged FTTF. We didn't receive the bags until 3 pm. After the cruise I wrote a letter to Carnival about the incident and they issued me FTTF for the next cruise.

There is a sign posted on the door allowing Platinum/Diamond and FTTF in, others wait.