Offered Aternatives

pete_coach

We are booked (and paid) for a 10 day Caribbean cruise. I have received an offer to change to one of 3 12 day cruises on different dates. We never responded

We are on a low level concierge level.

Today, I received another offer to change to one of 4 alternative 10 day cruises but with an upgrade to a Penthouse Suite.

"We would like to present a completely VOLUNTARY OPPORTUNITY to cancel your booking above and take one of the rewarding, alternate voyages described below at the same price.

Attractive incentive includes a free upgrade to a PENTHOUSE SUITE! "

Is this unusual or a normal thing for Oceania?

Edited by pete_coach

Very Usual-

Happens often when an itinerary is so popular that the standard or expected number of passengers don't cancel.

FYI If you're definately not interested, contact the Line and you'll be taken off of the offer list.

Others will continue to receive increasingly sweeter offers until they free up the space that they need.

We were once offered a solid month on the Regatta in Polynesia if we would give up a 12 day Mediterranean cruise on the Riviera.....didn't take it, though-

We were sailing with a number of dear friends.

Very Usual-

Happens often when an itinerary is so popular that the standard or expected number of passengers don't cancel.

FYI If you're definately not interested, contact the Line and you'll be taken off of the offer list.

Others will continue to receive increasingly sweeter offers until they free up the space that they need.

We were once offered a solid month on the Regatta in Polynesia if we would give up a 12 day Mediterranean cruise on the Riviera.....didn't take it, though-

We were sailing with a number of dear friends.

Well, this vacation is just for the Wife and I and we are looking forward to it but, if the offers get sweeter, we are not adverse to acceptance.

We have till end February so they have ample opportunity to overwhelm us with an offer :)

Depending on what flight and hotel arrangements you've made and of course your flexibility on dates that's a pretty sweet deal.

No hotels picked yet but the flight arrangements was through Oceania so I would think they would take care of that if we accepted an offer.

Right now, going to another cruise for an upgrade to penthouse form concierge only gives us a bigger cabin. We don't spend much time in the cabin so, square feet is not a dealmaker.

No hotels picked yet but the flight arrangements was through Oceania so I would think they would take care of that if we accepted an offer.

Right now, going to another cruise for an upgrade to penthouse form concierge only gives us a bigger cabin. We don't spend much time in the cabin so, square feet is not a dealmaker.

Well, it depends on what ship we are talking about.

Upgrade from concierge to PH on an R ship (smaller ships) is not that big of deal. OTOH, if it is on an O class ship (Marina/Riviera) than the cabin is significantly bigger and nicer. Not to mention the ability to dine en suite from all 4 specialty restaurants (as well as other benefits).

This is JMO - YMMV :)

Well, it depends on what ship we are talking about.

Upgrade from concierge to PH on an R ship (smaller ships) is not that big of deal. OTOH, if it is on an O class ship (Marina/Riviera) than the cabin is significantly bigger and nicer. Not to mention the ability to dine en suite from all 4 specialty restaurants (as well as other benefits).

This is JMO - YMMV :)

It's probably a moot point by now as someone has probably jumped on the offer. I have to agree with Paul. When I read Pete's response my thought was if he had ever been on Oceania on the larger ships in each category, the CC and the PH?

I think there is definitely more at play than just sq ft.

It's probably a moot point by now as someone has probably jumped on the offer. I have to agree with Paul. When I read Pete's response my thought was if he had ever been on Oceania on the larger ships in each category, the CC and the PH?

I think there is definitely more at play than just sq ft.

Never been on Oceania. This will be our first cruise with them.

We are on Riviera and as I see it, the benefits are pretty close to the same between C3 and PH but, the cabin is larger. Am I wrong in that assumpton? Is there more than what is on the website?

The offers are for other ships, both the smaller ones and one back on Riviera but way out till next November 2017.

We are on Riviera and as I see it, the benefits are pretty close to the same between C3 and PH but, the cabin is larger. Am I wrong in that assumpton?

Completely wrong.

In addition to the larger cabin, sailing in a Suite also brings:

• Earlier embarkation onto the ship.
  • Additional Specialty Restaurant Reservations
  • The Ability to "order in" from any of the Specialty Restaurants as often as you like.
  • The Services of a Butler (and all which that entails)

A move over offer is different from an upsell.

In a move over, Oceania is balancing a hot selling cruise with a slow seller. We were offered to go from a veranda, trans-Atlantic to a penthouse, port intensive, Med cruise. We accepted the move over and then rebooked the TA, although at a higher price. We met another passenger who did one better, they accepted the offer but kept the original sailing. There is probably a much larger inventory for move-overs.

Upsells are using a much smaller universe of inventory.

A move over offer is different from an upsell.

In a move over, Oceania is balancing a hot selling cruise with a slow seller. We were offered to go from a veranda, trans-Atlantic to a penthouse, port intensive, Med cruise. We accepted the move over and then rebooked the TA, although at a higher price. We met another passenger who did one better, they accepted the offer but kept the original sailing. There is probably a much larger inventory for move-overs.

Upsells are using a much smaller universe of inventory.

+1

Also, upsells are usually for the same cruise and involve a move to a higher category.

Move over is usually for a different cruise and may involve an upgrade in category and a shorter or longer itinerary and a lower/higher price.