Bottled Water for Aussie Cruises

KensingtonMoon

Hi All,

I cannot pre-purchase bulk bottled water for my upcoming cruise departing Sydney. To the best of my knowledge the pre-purchase bulk offer is not available for Aussie cruises. It is not offered under beverage packages for my cruise.

As I want a good supply of easily accessible water for my older parents who are also travelling (not refilling drink containers) can anyone advise if I can purchase bottled water in bulk once on board.

I know the ship's water is fine to drink, but I want to have bulk bottles on hand for their convenience and for excursions. We are flying into Sydney and heading straight to the ship and so I won't have the opportunity of buying any before boarding.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi All,

I cannot pre-purchase bulk bottled water for my upcoming cruise departing Sydney. To the best of my knowledge the pre-purchase bulk offer is not available for Aussie cruises. It is not offered under beverage packages for my cruise.

As I want a good supply of easily accessible water for my older parents who are also travelling (not refilling drink containers) can anyone advise if I can purchase bottled water in bulk once on board.

I know the ship's water is fine to drink, but I want to have bulk bottles on hand for their convenience and for excursions. We are flying into Sydney and heading straight to the ship and so I won't have the opportunity of buying any before boarding.

Any advice would be appreciated.

You will be able to purchase bottled water through your stateroom steward.

Hi,

You are correct you cannot pre-purchase the bottled water plan on the Aussie cruises - annoying - we too would like to do this. I do wish Princess would change this.

I don't know that you can buy them in bulk on board but you can certainly buy single bottles in whatever quantity you need.

You can buy single sealed bottles of water in 2 sizes at all bars (sm & large).

You could perhaps buy a half dozen & pop them in your parents cabin so they have them ready when they want them and replace as required when you're out & about on the ship during the day. I cant remember if these same bottles are a bit dearer if ordered from room service but ordering via room service would save you lugging them back to the cabin.

Another idea is once you get dropped at the Overseas Passengers Terminal Circular Quay if your parents were happy to wait & enjoy the views over the quay & you popped over the road & picked up some bottles prior to boarding. There isn't a big supermarket nearby but certainly heaps of touristy type shops that sell bottled water - again it would be singles. Print an extra luggage tag before you leave home so you can attach it to the bag of your bottles of water when you check your luggage in. I guess there may be a small saving doing it that way rather than purchasing on board but perhaps not worth the hassle.

You can buy more bottles when in port of course but they are heavy to carry back. Depending on where you are going you may get lucky with a store close to the ship port and then you could do a quick restock for your parents then.

On port days Princess usually announces that you buy bottled water to take on your excursions at a certain bar location usually near the gangway.

Hope that helps, have a great cruise with your parents & hope they have a wonderful time as well

We are travelling Princess in December also. Am also disappointed regarding water and having to pay on Princes. This will be my first and last time with Princess. Usually travel with Oceania. Where all soft drinks, cans and post mix and bottled water and non alcoholic drinks are given out freely at no cost.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can get as much water as you like on board and free

You don't need bottles but if you do for an on-shore tour, you can fill bottles with ship water. Also sometimes Princess will give out bottles prior to tours.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Forums mobile app

Thank you for your reply. My bug is that it is tap water only that Princess will supply not free bottled water.

We are travelling Princess in December also. Am also disappointed regarding water and having to pay on Princes. This will be my first and last time with Princess. Usually travel with Oceania. Where all soft drinks, cans and post mix and bottled water and non alcoholic drinks are given out freely at no cost.

Do you find Oceania cruises cost about the same as an equivalent Princess itinerary but have the added benefit of including the beverages you mention?

There is a difference in cost between the 2 ships. But also a big difference in standards and food. Oceania is for couples only, children not encouraged. You can choose your own room when making a booking and has a lot of inclusions in the price. So overall would assume there is very little difference in price. Rooms are larger on Oceania, dine when you like, more other restaurant choices at no cost, free shore excursions, free wifi, free bottled water, canned soft drinks and non alcoholic cocktails. Therefor you have more choices.

This will be my first and last time with Princess.

Why would you go on a cruise where you expect to have a bad time?

If I felt this way in advance, I would absolutely have a bad time.

100% certainty.

The only one who would have a worse time would be Mrs. Pablo,

who would have to listen to me complain the entire time.

BTW, I looked at Oceania, and they seem to be 150% - 200% the price of a princess cruise.

The booking I looked at -- you could choose 1 of:

Free Shore Excursions

Beverage Package

$600 shipboard credit

...not free beverages, and free excursions.

Edited by pablo222