Thoughts on Kimpton Epic

lastchamp64

I was able to get an excellent rate on this hotel online and booked it for a two night pre-cruise stay in May out of Miami. I do have the ability to cancel without any penalties. Just wondered what are some thoughts and opinion on this hotel. I was going to book the Intercontinental, but it was $150 more than staying here. I appreciate any opinions.

Edited by lastchamp64

Thanks all. I'm looking forward to a couple of days there before our cruise. Now to find ground transportation from FLL to the hotel. My plan is to not need a rental car and just relax at the hotel and the area around it without worrying about driving.

For your transpotation needs check out SAS.

We have used them from FLL to the Port of Miami and wouldnt hesitate to use them again. They are dependable and very reasonably priced.

They also service the hotels in Miami and it looks like Epic is on their list of hotels they service.

http://www.ridesas.com/

I heard about them and checked out their website. It looks like they do not take reservations for flights after 3:00 pm; ours arrives in at 7:50 pm... I'm guessing a taxi or Uber. I've never used Uber before, but beginning to look like I will be giving it a try. Thanks for the advice though.

• 7 months later...
I was able to get an excellent rate on this hotel online and booked it for a two night pre-cruise stay in May out of Miami. I do have the ability to cancel without any penalties. Just wondered what are some thoughts and opinion on this hotel. I was going to book the Intercontinental, but it was $150 more than staying here. I appreciate any opinions.

Hi,

How did you like the Epic? What site did you use to get the great rate? Hope you enjoyed your cruise. Thanks