Fascination American Table Menus and Food Photos

ChrisInMo

Going to attempt to post photos of all of the American Table menus and photos of the food we ordered. I was going to write a full review but there have been some amazing reviews recently. I thought the menus all together may be helpful for some. We were on the October 16th sailing which was the first sailing to use the new menus. We sampled a lot of items so quite a few photos to post.

Here is day 1

IMG_8986_zpsl0ivgfnh.jpg

IMG_8987_zpsbqcwlyft.jpg

IMG_8988_zpsvyt4osqm.jpg

IMG_8998_zps9pouri7p.jpg

Fried Calamari

IMG_8990_zpsux3l8iga.jpg

Cured Salmon (Rare Finds)

IMG_8992_zpsolvp86fw.jpg

I love what is on the menu, but have to say it sounds better than it looks, I know I am going to upset some by saying that and I stand by it. Part of the fun of cruising is to experience great cuisine and very little here even looks ok. Exception the dessert and lobster!

I love what is on the menu, but have to say it sounds better than it looks, I know I am going to upset some by saying that and I stand by it. Part of the fun of cruising is to experience great cuisine and very little here even looks ok. Exception the dessert and lobster!

I don't see why it would upset anyone, everyone's taste is different. I expect to have decent banquet food and would never expect great, not on a mainstream line in any case.

Hey, we were on that same sailing of Oct. 16th as well!! Overall we thought that the food was great but portions were very inconsistent in our opinion. Some things had very generous portions others were very small, even for appetizers (Yes, we saw our table neighbors ask for calamari and complain about the portion size and ask for another "round"). Quality wise, everything was very good! I'm in the process of doing a full blown review as well but bit's a pain and work and family haven't been cooperating on giving me enough free time for it...lol. Look for it very soon and fell free to chime in since we were ship mates for a week...haha.

Hey, we were on that same sailing of Oct. 16th as well!! Overall we thought that the food was great but portions were very inconsistent in our opinion. Some things had very generous portions others were very small, even for appetizers (Yes, we saw our table neighbors ask for calamari and complain about the portion size and ask for another "round"). Quality wise, everything was very good! I'm in the process of doing a full blown review as well but bit's a pain and work and family haven't been cooperating on giving me enough free time for it...lol. Look for it very soon and fell free to chime in since we were ship mates for a week...haha.

It would be ironic if you, me and ChrisMO sat at the same table the first night. We sat with people from Missouri and Puerto Rico that night:).

Is that the size of the fried calamari or did you eat some first?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ha, ha. I thought the same thing. The apps are usually pretty small, but these are exceptionally small. It looks like 3 rings.

It reminds me of one time we went to an AI in Mexico. I ordered a scallop appetizer and it was 2 scallops that were about the size of a quarter each. Then for the entrée I had the lamb chops. There were 3 of them and the meat portion of each was the size of a chicken nugget. It came with about 1 tablespoon of some side dish. I had been to AIs and cruising before and never ordered two entrees until then (2 apps maybe).

Is that the size of the fried calamari or did you eat some first?s[/url]

I remember our first cruise. my son who was about 17 at the time-- first dinner ordered the fruit medley. Waiter put it in front of him and he looked at the waiter and said "Im gonna starve this week" waiter roared with laughter every time he served him. LOL then we learned we can order how many we need..

I want to know if the Vista has this american menu? or something else

Thanks so much for sharing the menus and food photos with us, this is great! Not sure if we will have the same menu on the Dream in January but I would be happy if we did. Lots of interesting things to try and I especially like that there are several sides to choose from, and special items from the ports of call. I don't mind small portions, as usually I am too full to fully enjoy dessert. And if you leave the table still hungry you can always go grab something from the buffet. :)

Thanks so much for sharing the menus and food photos with us, this is great! Not sure if we will have the same menu on the Dream in January but I would be happy if we did. Lots of interesting things to try and I especially like that there are several sides to choose from, and special items from the ports of call. I don't mind small portions, as usually I am too full to fully enjoy dessert. And if you leave the table still hungry you can always go grab something from the buffet. :)

Im going to be on the Dream in Jan too. I hope the presentation is better than this one.

I go on her in 12 days, and I was on her in May, so it is a nice comparison on what was and what currently is. It also makes me not have my heart set on what I had and be disappointed when I saw it was gone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Forums mobile app

You're right! I'm just back from the Magic, and they have the American Table menu -- The food was ok, at best. The prime rib was tough, the lasagna was the worse I've ever had. The deserts was so so...

No I'm not a fan of the American Table menu at all...

• 4 weeks later...