Say it ain't so - Another TS

Clearwater

Tropical Storm to form this weekend. Of course we head out on Sat and the forecast on almost all islands we head too are at 90% chance of rain.

First port is Amber Cove and DR is in the cone so not sure if we will still make it there or be re-routed elsewhere.

In all the summers and Octobers and Novembers, I have lucked out without an issue cruising then but now on Thanksgiving we may get it.

I need some wine with my whine -

Tropical Storm to form this weekend. Of course we head out on Sat and the forecast on almost all islands we head too are at 90% chance of rain.

First port is Amber Cove and DR is in the cone so not sure if we will still make it there or be re-routed elsewhere.

In all the summers and Octobers and Novembers, I have lucked out without an issue cruising then but now on Thanksgiving we may get it.

Never good to hear about a rainy forecast. I just looked at the weather channel forecast and future development was pretty uncertain. Some models brought it out to the Pacific, another was up to Jamaica and then circled out past the Lewward and Windward Isles.

Whatever it is, I'll be on the Vista and if it rains, it rains. I can accept what I can't control, just without the wine.

Edited by evandbob

Personally I don't worry about TS's . They usually don't amount to much except some more rain and wind..

I've been watching this system for a few days now, whether it develops or not it looks like our port days will possibly have wind and rain next week. I've been really stressing over it, but I know I can't control it so I'm trying to think of it as an adventure.

The western Caribbean has had lousy weather for a while.

Keeping my eyes out for this also. We leave on Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are in level 4 exceptional drought and have thousands of acres on fire in North Ga and growing every hour. I would gladly take it parked over the top of us here for a week or so. :)

Edited by ryano

This mornings forecast shows this rainstorm is way south down near Panama and the east coast of Costa Rica, with little movement expected in the next 5 days.

If this forecast is correct, the only cruisers who might be affected by clouds and rain in this time could be those sailing to Roatan and Belize.....otherwise normal fall conditions throughout the rest of the Caribbean.

I have stops in Grand Turk, Aruba, Bonaire and St Maarten on the Vista sailing today and I have doubts our paths will ever cross.

Don't know how the OP said there was a cone????? Maybe just a reason to pour more wine?

Edited by evandbob

Seasoned cruisers may just want to pour more wine, but I am worried because it is only my family's second cruise. We went through the recent Louisiana floods that destroyed my elderly parents', 2 sisters', and brother in law's homes (as well as my school and 5 others in my area) and 80% of the teachers I teach with. My sisters are living in travel trailers while they wait for insurance money and my parents have moved in with me and my family permanently. We needed a break from all of this something awful and this "storm" has only added new worries for me. WHY????

Rough seas expected which will NOT make me want to just pour more wine, and I'm a Louisiana girl who LOVES her wine and spirits!!! We, too, leave Sunday. :rolleyes:

TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK

NWS NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER MIAMI FL

700 AM EST WED NOV 16 2016

For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

1. A large area of disorganized cloudiness and showers over the

southwestern Caribbean Sea is associated with a broad low pressure

system. Environmental conditions are expected to be conducive for

slow development of this disturbance during the next several days,

and a tropical depression is likely to form late this week or over

the weekend while the low moves little.

* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent

* Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent

Edited by Hit the deck

Quite an exaggeration in the title "Another TS" it is not even a tropical wave yet. Isn't even predicted by anyone to become a TS and maybe not even a TD. And no one has any idea where its going.

So I have a cruise on December 11th leaving New Orleans and worried it will be the second time in history that it might be freezing and snowing on that day in Louisiana.

The odds are against the system to become as strong as Hurricane Matthew was. However, conditions could allow the system to become a strong tropical storm or hurricane.

The greatest threats from such a system would be from flash flooding, mudslides and rough seas.

storm.jpg.df7d12667c1e4050b9533f12b8c9fd51.jpg

I'd be fine with a re-route too! We're scheduled for ATV riding in Amber Cove and ropes course/ziplining in Grand Turk. I read they close the ropes course/ziplining down if it's too windy. Guess we'll see... Prayers and fingers crossed for smooth sailing and some sunshine for us all!!!! #cheersprogrampurchased #readyornot

We did the Southern itinerary on the Breeze last October and leading up to our cruise the weather forecast wasn't looking very favorable at all...each port showing high percent chance of rain. But beside a little rain in Miami the day before the cruise, it was all sunny skies!

Hope you have the same luck!

We have 5 cabins booked on the Conquest leaving on Sunday. Cautiously watching this storm as my daughter is getting married Tuesday in Jamaica. We are also hoping to get away from the stress over our flooded home from Hurricane Hermine in September and my husband working up in North Carolina rebuilding the flooded substations from Hurricane Matthew. We don't need a third storm in 3 months! Please everyone face southwest and blow this storm away ;)