Transportation from port to LAX

DianeO90

We booked with Super Shuttle. It's a shared van service, cheaper than a cab or a Princess transfer will be. I think you can reserve a time that's about s half hour later than you think you'll need; they were sending vans as they filled so we didn't have to wait for a particular one. Not sure but it may have been cheaper to book in advance.

Just used Super Shuttle pre-booked San Pedro to LAX

Went onto my roll call and asked who might be interested in sharing a van. Once I got two other couples I booked a van for 6 and it was about $14 pp with Internet discount. (Do a search for Super Shuttle discount codes.)

If you want to wing it, there were Super Shuttle and Prime Time shuttles lined up at the port. When one was filled it took off. Don't know the price pp but I think it was a bit more than if you reserved it.

Our van arrived right on time. When booking, you are asked for the flight time and the website returns with the pickup time. I gave an earlier flight time for an earlier pickup time. Glad I did. We were off the ship fast. Meeting time was 8:25. Princess called our color and number 10 minutes early and we walked right off.

I did the super shuttle the end of Sept 2016 from San Pedro to LAX airport. It was fabulous. Convenient as it was just outside the cruise terminal, cheaper than a cab or Princess transfer and efficient as they travelled in the fast/passenger lane. I got on the shuttle when I got off the cruise ship and after customs/cruise port building. I hadn't booked a seat earlier, but if you want to do so, you can book 48 hrs earlier via online and get $2.00 discount. I paid $17.00US which I thought was very reasonable and the driver accepted cash or credit card....really easy! And what added to the experience was that the shuttle driver chatted with us all the way to the airport.

I did this just last month. When I got off the ship there were people available to answer questions and direct you where you needed to go. I asked one about getting to LAX. They sent me their supervisor who sold me a transfer for $25. Super easy. I didn't want to book ahead because I wanted to be able to have a no-pressure debarkation. Worked just fine.

When we cruised to Hawaii and back from LA a few years ago, we had a very late evening flight for home afterward. We booked with Sunseeker Tours, and they picked us up at the pier, took us on a day-long tour of Los Angeles, Hollywood, etc, and dropped us off at LAX in plenty of time for our flight. It was a wonderful day.

If you have a late flight, I would highly recommend checking out Sunseeker Tours.

• 1 year later...