Internet on Eurodam

eyeeye

In a nutshell, yes and yes, or you can use the computers in the library. It is fairly slow and expensive due to international satellite charges, so if you are a heavy user, buy an Internet package.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does HAL offer internet service plans and does the service work in the staterooms?

TIA

Last cruise on the "E" the rates were $55 for 100 minutes, $100 for 250, $250 for 1000 or .75/minute, etc. but I have read where HAL is offering new plans but not sure if they have reached the "E" yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does HAL offer internet service plans and does the service work in the staterooms?

TIA

i have been on Eurodam five times in the past five years. Last Month I was in a neptune suite and the internet was absolutely fine. The four prior trips were regular verandah rooms and honestly the internet was poor in the statements.. I have to be on the internet for work and always had to go up to the lido deck or by the library to get internet. Not sure if they upgraded their internet on this past trip or there is better internet in the neptune suite but it was the first time I could use internet in my room. Have a great time. Maryjo

We just got off the Eurodam and I would say the satellite internet has improved. I would recommend using your own PC in your cabin or in a common area. Uploading and downloading is still very slow but simple tasks (Email, FB, CC) were always good. We had a strong signal all across the Atlantic which was never the case in previous crossings.

... or there is better internet in the neptune suite but it was the first time I could use internet in my room.
It depends on how close you are to one of the hallway access points. Some Main deck insides will have better performance than some Neptunes.

Does anyone have experience with free WiFi in San Juan, Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, or the port at Turks & Caicos? Cruising on the Eurodam January 7th and don't want to use the Internet on the ship.

In San Juan we use Senior Frogs near the pier, nothing in HMC, St Thomas has many spots in town and at the pier, and in Turks there are spots near the shops and Margaritaville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mllewis48, I was hoping to hear something like this. I don't have an overwhelming need to be on the Internet every minute of every day, but I would like to be able to get and send email a few times during the cruise, and it sounds like when we are in port, that won't be a problem.