Late check in times-anyone have experience?

djsinric

We are sailing on the Rhapsody on 12/3/16. Our documents say check in is from 5-7 p.m. And we sail at 8 p.m. This is a change from original information. Ship arrives in Miami on 12/2 and then sails to Tampa for our cruise. We are upset we are losing our first day but attempting to stay upbeat. My question is does anyone have experience with this? When will they hold the muster drill? How will dinner be handled?

Going to make the best of this but feel there should be some (good) compensation for technically shortening our cruise. Also, there are going to be alot of angry people at the port early who have no idea (because they haven't read their documents) that this has been changed.

We are sailing on the Rhapsody on 12/3/16. Our documents say check in is from 5-7 p.m. And we sail at 8 p.m. This is a change from original information. Ship arrives in Miami on 12/2 and then sails to Tampa for our cruise. We are upset we are losing our first day but attempting to stay upbeat. My question is does anyone have experience with this? When will they hold the muster drill? How will dinner be handled?

Going to make the best of this but feel there should be some (good) compensation for technically shortening our cruise. Also, there are going to be alot of angry people at the port early who have no idea (because they haven't read their documents) that this has been changed.

you know- i always arrive by 11:30 in any case and have never been denied boarding. I don't know if you received this info because the ship is coming into port later than say 8 in the am and they need time to disembark and turn it over or simply if it is for staggered boarding to cut down on the lines. Is there somewhere you can check to see if they are arriving early that day as planned because if they are then i would simply arrive by noon and expect to board.

It is because it is coming from Europe. They disembark in Miami on the second. According to many people it will take the ship until at least 4 in the afternoon of the third for it to arrive in Tampa.

I just don't understand HOW could RCCL not know this when they were setting their schedule. ????

Our Radiance Alaska cruise had a sail away at 8 pm. Muster was 7:30.. and really

messed up first night's meal time. :(

That could have been the reason for the sudden price drop for cabins on Rhapsody a

couple of weeks ago? A JS cabin was going for 999.00 a person...pretty cheap for a

7 night for that cabin cat, and almost half what we paid for a JS on our 12/10 cruise.

Hope you were able to score a deal on your cruise, but no matter what, you will still

have a great time...what ever time you board. :)

Doesn't line up with the requirement you be onboard 90 minutes before sail-a-way.

I didn't think of that when first reading this post. I know RC only gives suggested boarding times, but for that reason alone I would show up earlier.

Worst case you end up waiting in the lounge crowded with others who showed up too early.

I didn't think of that when first reading this post. I know RC only gives suggested boarding times, but for that reason alone I would show up earlier.

Worst case you end up waiting in the lounge crowded with others who showed up too early.

I believe as the other poster mentioned, arrives from TA on the 2nd. It is a long trip from Miami to Tampa, around the Florida Keys. I don't believe they can make it to Port in regular time.

Have sailed out of Tampa 2 times and I don't remember a lounge to sit in. Maybe beause we were in a GS and were diamond and were checked in quickly. Maybe a few seats by the check in, but no nice lounge to wait in for hours. I would call C&A and try to determine what's going on.

We have experienced delayed departures in Tampa on 2 occasions. None were announced but were the first cruise out after returning from overseas.

Our transportation to the terminal was via Hotel Shuttle and they were not being allowed into the port area until authorized by the Port Authority. We had to hang out at the Hotel until the Shuttle was approved to by the PA!

At least now they are giving a forewarning!