Ship to ship transfer in FLL

Oldmarbletop

:confused: We are arriving in Fort Lauderdale on the Island Princess in the A.M. of 12/20 and leaving the same day on the Royal does anyone know if Princess has a way to make this transfer easy, is it a short walk or will a cab be necessary?

We did this several years ago.

Princess was supposed to set up the transfer.

PSD confirmed the transfer; however, no one

showed up.

I asked a Porter if he would take us over to

our next Ship.

A little $ helped.;)

Took us about 20 minutes to get to the next Pier.

If the two ships are both at the North Port, piers 2 & 4, you can just walk across. Ditto if bot are at the mid port piers, but this is not likely unless there is a thrid Princess ship in port on the same day. If one ship is at the mid port and one at the north port then you have to have transportation. An in port taxi will cost $10. Princess may have a shuttle. When we were there, one time there was a free parking garage shuttle which went between the north port garage and the mid port garage. These are right adjacent to the piers.

One week in advance Port Everglades lists the pier assignments on their web site. Check the site and you will know for sure what you will have to do.

We signed up at the psd for a Royal to Regal bus transfer last year. Once thru customs we asked Princess reps for directions to the transfer. Each of the three reps gave different info. When we finally located the bus, the driver said no he wasn't going to the Regal. We followed other pax to another bus which was indeed going to the Regal. We were the last to get on the bus. Another stressed out pax at his wits end banged on the bus door only to be told by the driver that he and his family could not get on as there was no more room for luggage.

What a fire drill this was. What a mess!

It would have been much easier to take a cab for $10.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were going from the Royal (pier 2) to the Caribbean Princess. I spoke with

Passenger Services, and they assured me that there was a shuttle. When I

got off the ship, there was no shuttle. So I hailed a taxi and he was able to get a voucher

from a Princess rep.

Be prepared for anything.

Greg

Reading this... my advise is always take care of yourself, do not depend on the cruise to do it.... much better to get cab, pay the min fare and tip the cab driver extra... no stress.. For the few dollars, $20 or $30 you pay it is worth it.... especially if you have some luggage.

:confused: We are arriving in Fort Lauderdale on the Island Princess in the A.M. of 12/20 and leaving the same day on the Royal does anyone know if Princess has a way to make this transfer easy, is it a short walk or will a cab be necessary?

A taxi is best.

We were going from the Royal (pier 2) to the Caribbean Princess. I spoke with Passenger Services, and they assured me that there was a shuttle. When I got off the ship, there was no shuttle. So I hailed a taxi and he was able to get a voucher from a Princess rep.

Be prepared for anything.

Greg

Finding a taxi will be faster, than looking for the shuttle.