Unlimited Price on long cruise

ping1

I have read reports of people getting discounts for signing up on the first day in the I lounge. I wanted verification. It doesn't appear to be the case.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

The prices and plans seem to change every other week. Same with discounts. And every ship seems different. I think the idea is to confuse so we book ahead online. I don't think you are going to get any reliable verification ahead of your saiiling. The last four Celebrity cruises I was on over the last year the unlimited prices were different every sailing.

The prices and plans seem to change every other week. Same with discounts. And every ship seems different. I think the idea is to confuse so we book ahead online. I don't think you are going to get any reliable verification ahead of your saiiling. The last four Celebrity cruises I was on over the last year the unlimited prices were different every sailing.

I was thinking the same thing. Celebrity has really been pushing pre-sailing sales. I have even fallen for some myself. However, we have a lot of OBC to use so have to resist now. Just wanting to know how much to budget for Internet and hoping it's reasonable.

I was thinking the same thing. Celebrity has really been pushing pre-sailing sales. I have even fallen for some myself. However, we have a lot of OBC to use so have to resist now. Just wanting to know how much to budget for Internet and hoping it's reasonable.

I am in the same boat. A lot of OBC so I don't want to purchase internet online in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have read reports of people getting discounts for signing up on the first day in the I lounge. I wanted verification. It doesn't appear to be the case.

A few months before my particular sailing last month, the 14 day unlimited was being sold in cruise planner at $199, closer to sailing it went up to $269 and as I posted earlier, on board it was $319. There was no discount the first day in the I lounge, I had earlier heard reports of this but I went down there to check it out and no deal.

A few months before my particular sailing last month, the 14 day unlimited was being sold in cruise planner at $199, closer to sailing it went up to $269 and as I posted earlier, on board it was $319. There was no discount the first day in the I lounge, I had earlier heard reports of this but I went down there to check it out and no deal.

Thanks for this information. It could be helpful.

I've noticed a similar price increase from $242 to $309 in early October. Sailing is in a few weeks for a 15 night cruise on Infinity.

The mysterious variable pricing is annoying. It seems like we're all willing to pay, either onboard knowing about potential price hikes, or ahead of time if we know prices will rise/discounts will decrease. Making the final pricing a mystery just turns the profit center into an annoying profit center. Possibly trying to encourage "Best" style bookings?

If mine turns out to be more than $319 onboard, I will be asking about first day booking discounts, minute package prices, and visiting for the first few days to see if there is a price drop. I have Google Fi which roams internationally like T-Mobile, so even with a sea day intensive cruise, I could still fetch & send e-mail every few days while we're in port.

On the day we boarded we went to I lounge. Since we had not logged on yet and claimed our Elite free minutes we were offered the $319 14 day unlimited package at a cost of $223 total (30% discount). If we had signed up from our room and gotten the free minutes not sure if this offer works. The fellow in the I lounge said we could only get it if we signed up direct in the I lounge. We took it immediately and without a doubt this was the fastest connection at sea we have ever had. Amazingly it did not make much difference what time of day it was nor if it was a port vs sea day. For those who regularly need to be on line you can appreciate how unusual this in itself is.

I had no way of measuring actual download speeds but my gut feel is it was 30% to 40% of the speed we have at home on our Time Warner/Brighthouse cable connection via wireless modem connection...we were amazed at this speed on a ship. Also $16 dollars a day not terrible either and if we wanted to we could Skype (Celebrity promotes this actually) but did not attempt this due to the time difference in the Med vs .the US.

On the day we boarded we went to I lounge. Since we had not logged on yet and claimed our Elite free minutes we were offered the $319 14 day unlimited package at a cost of $223 total (30% discount). If we had signed up from our room and gotten the free minutes not sure if this offer works. The fellow in the I lounge said we could only get it if we signed up direct in the I lounge. We took it immediately and without a doubt this was the fastest connection at sea we have ever had. Amazingly it did not make much difference what time of day it was nor if it was a port vs sea day. For those who regularly need to be on line you can appreciate how unusual this in itself is.

I had no way of measuring actual download speeds but my gut feel is it was 30% to 40% of the speed we have at home on our Time Warner/Brighthouse cable connection via wireless modem connection...we were amazed at this speed on a ship. Also $16 dollars a day not terrible either and if we wanted to we could Skype (Celebrity promotes this actually) but did not attempt this due to the time difference in the Med vs .the US.

You don't have to log in at the iLounge to get the Elite discount. The offer will be on the sign up page from whatever your location on the ship.

I have been signing up onboard for the discount to use my OBC. But those last three cruises the price for unlimited on a seven day cruise was $199 advance online and the same onboard. Then the 30 % off was applied. Now it appears it is $199 advance online and might be $249 onboard. So they are taking away a chunk of the Elite discount. I won't buy the package then. I will use my free 90 minutes and buy a day or maybe two at the end. We have four ports and I know where to get free WiFi at three of them. Or I will share with a member of my group. I don't think Celebrity gets that if people have an affordable unlimited package they are going to get a lot of free publicity on Social Media. When I have unlimited I post to Facebook about the cruise every day. Otherwise not at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Just found a Price List pdf from Celebrity with a small date of 9/2016 at the bottom

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/16049912_CEL_Xcelerate_Trade_Flyer.pdf

Package Cruise Length Pre-Cruise Price (USD) Onboard Price (USD)

1 Hour(continuous use) N/A N/A $24.95

24 hours N/A N/A $49

Unlimited 2 - 3 days $75 $84

Unlimited 4 - 6 days $147 $164

Unlimited 7 - 9 days $237 $264

Unlimited 10 - 13 days $282 $314

Unlimited 14+ days $309 $344

Guests will receive 10% off if they book package pre cruise.

*Per minute package is no longer available

Clients can purchase select Xcelerate packages pre-cruise or the full selection once on board.

It looks like the prices increased since July 2016 based on the cached page where 7-9 days was $199 onboard. I noticed the price change in early October, so I'm guessing the price change is across the board for upcoming sailings.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Pp4xdIKpqxYJ:creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/16049913_CEL_Xcelerate_Consumer_Flyer.pdf+&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Package Cruise Length Pre-Cruise Price Onboard Price

Per minute N/A N/A $0.99

24 hours N/A N/A $45

Unlimited 2 - 3 days $59 $69

Unlimited 4 - 6 days $129 $149

Unlimited 7 - 9 days $179 $199

Unlimited 10 - 13 days $269 $299

Unlimited 14+ days $269 $299

If this is the case, I might just by 2 24-hour packages in between port days rather than $344 - Status discount. That is quite the price hike! If increasing the price helps reduce subscribers to maintain reasonable speeds, well, that's great for those who get it in a package or need unlimited, but the new prices for 7-9 nights is significant increase

Package Cruise Length Pre-Cruise Price [OLD NEW %INCREASE] Onboard Price [OLD NEW %INCREASE]

24 hours [N/A N/A N/A] [$45 $49 8.89]

Unlimited 2 - 3 days [$59 $75 27.12] [$69 $84 21.74]

Unlimited 4 - 6 days [$129 $147 13.95] [$149 $164 10.07]

Unlimited 7 - 9 days [$179 $237 32.40] [$199 $264 32.66]

Unlimited 10 - 13 days [$269 $282 4.83] [$299 $314 5.02]

Unlimited 14+ days [$269 $309 14.87] [$299 $344 15.05]

Just found a Price List pdf from Celebrity with a small date of 9/2016 at the bottom

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/16049912_CEL_Xcelerate_Trade_Flyer.pdf

It looks like the prices increased since July 2016 based on the cached page where 7-9 days was $199 onboard. I noticed the price change in early October, so I'm guessing the price change is across the board for upcoming sailings.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Pp4xdIKpqxYJ:creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/16049913_CEL_Xcelerate_Consumer_Flyer.pdf+&cd=8&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

If this is the case, I might just by 2 24-hour packages in between port days rather than $344 - Status discount. That is quite the price hike! If increasing the price helps reduce subscribers to maintain reasonable speeds, well, that's great for those who get it in a package or need unlimited, but the new prices for 7-9 nights is significant increase

Package Cruise Length Pre-Cruise Price [OLD NEW %INCREASE] Onboard Price [OLD NEW %INCREASE]

24hours[N/AN/A N/A][$45$49 8.89]

Unlimited2 -3days[$59 $75 27.12][$69 $84 21.74]

Unlimited4 -6days[$129 $147 13.95][$149 $164 10.07]

Unlimited7 -9days[$179 $237 32.40] [$199 $264 32.66]

Unlimited10 -13days[$269 $282 4.83][$299 $314 5.02]

Unlimited14+days[$269 $309 14.87][$299 $344 15.05]

I have seen that list but according to it the pre cruise price should be $237 for my upcoming seven day cruise. When I look at my cruise planner it says I can buy it pre cruise for $199 not $237 like on the flyer. Their pricing is nuts.

When I get onboard if the onboard pricing is more than $199 before my discount is applied I won't buy the unlimited package for myself. Even $199 is already at an outrageous level above what other cruise lines charge. Even way above what Royal Caribbean charges for Voom.

Since I am with a group on the upcoming cruise I could also work around it by sharing. Several booked Go Best and will likely give me their log in to use if I were to ask as we are a group that has been together before and knows each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

• 2 weeks later...

I am on Reflection right now for a seven day cruise and they are charging $249 for unlimited internet. More outrageous than I thought. With the Elite Plus discount it is $162. Still too high. So a friend in my group and I are sharing one unlimited package. It will cost me $81. I think Celebrity is shooting themselves in the foot. If the packages were priced like Royal's Voom I would have bought my own package and they would have more revenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

Does anyone have any experience with the price for the second person in the stateroom if they are Elite?

Last year the second person was half off but do they then also get 30% off of that for being Elite?

For example : 14 day cruise looks to be $344 - 30% for Elite , so $240.80.

Is the second person in the cabin $172 (half of $344), $120.40 (half of $240.80) or $141.40 ( Half off the $344 - 30%) ?

Thanks!

I'm not sure if anyone as asked this question, so I'll jump in. We're booked on a 15-night cruise later this year. We are Elite+. If the package is discounted pre-cruise and we buy it pre-cruise, will we still be able to knock 35% (the Elite+ discount) off when we board?

I checked the =X= website for the unlimited internet package for our cruise and found the price to be $224.10. This is advertised as the "discounted" price; that's $14.94/night. If there is an Elite+ discount of 35% on top of that, it becomes $145.67 or $9.71/night. Wishful thinking? Too good to be true? Should I jump on the $224.10?

Betsy

Edited by BBsails
Added information

Not sure exactly what you are asking here. Yes, you get the discount but only once. If you purchase prior to your cruise, call X and have the discount applied. You will have it charged to a credit card. If you purchase on board, the discount will be applied and you can use OBC if you have any.

Does anyone have any experience with the price for the second person in the stateroom if they are Elite?

Last year the second person was half off but do they then also get 30% off of that for being Elite?

For example : 14 day cruise looks to be $344 - 30% for Elite , so $240.80.

Is the second person in the cabin $172 (half of $344), $120.40 (half of $240.80) or $141.40 ( Half off the $344 - 30%) ?

Thanks!

Second person was half of full rate. You do not get 2 discounts. You can either have the Elite discount or the 50% discount.