Faster to the Fun

CruzinAround43

Can someone tell me about this program? Is this worth it?

Is it worth if for me? YES IN A HEARTBEAT!! For some? depends

I would rather not stand in line for even a minute, (disabled and can not stand for longer time)

For a healthy person I would probably still get it. I like being on the ship early to cruise around.

On our last cruise we were:

All booked in a single cabin (FTTF is priced per cabin)

Flying in same-day and getting to port very early

Using a tender at port

Flying home early

** It was definitely worth it. Additionally used dedicated FTTF Guest Services phone number after continually getting a busy signal on the regular GS line.

On our next cruise we will:

Be booked in 4 separate cabins

Fly in at least a day early

Have no tender ports

Likely fly out later in the day

** It's not worth it for me on this one, we won't be purchasing this time.

We got it for our Fascination cruise, even though we had read that San Juan's boarding is usually not busy early in the day because of the late departure of the ship. We got to the port at noon and were onboard at 12:15. I purchased it because with DW's back problems I didn't want her spending any unnecessary time in line.

Is it worth if for me? YES IN A HEARTBEAT!! For some? depends

I would rather not stand in line for even a minute, (disabled and can not stand for longer time)

For a healthy person I would probably still get it. I like being on the ship early to cruise around.

This is pretty much my answer in a nutshell. Although I'm not disabled, I have traveled with relatives who were, and FttF really helps in those situations. Even when I've traveled with non-disabled friends, it's still been worth it to have immediate access to your stateroom, priority boarding, and a priority line at Guest Services.

On one of my cruises, FttF completely saved the cruise for us because I had to go to GS a lot to resolve a room A/C issue. The combined wait would have been well over an hour and the quicker access let us resolve the issue instead of invoking Carnival's vacation guarantee.

Hi

Welcome to Cruise Critic

If you go to the top of this Carnival Cruise Line page, you will see a "search" function. If you do a "search" for "FTTF" you will find hundreds of threads with thousands of responses. Some questions are asked very often, and this is one of them.

There is a search function at the top of every page head. You can often find the answers to questions right away this way.

One thing is, decide quickly, it is limited availability, and many who would like it wait too long and find that is no longer available.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

IMO its another way Carnival came up with to nickel and dime you. I am a healthy 50 something that will just get to the port a little later and get on the ship. I can handle carrying my book bag to lunch and wait for my cabin to be ready. Whats next pay $40 bucks to be seated at dinner first, Pay $50 to have priority show seats-not me!

It's another way for Carnival to get more $$ from you and they have raised the price 2x now, enough is enough !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If people don't buy it at the increased price or if a significant number of people stop buying it then they will reduce the price. If sales continue at the present rate then the new price will remain. CCL is trying to figure out exactly what the market will bear. (And yes, it's designed to increase company profits which isn't a surprise since they are a for profit company.)

If you can afford it, well worth it. If you can't afford it, you'll complain that it's not worth the money.

Note that it's per stateroom, not per person. So if you have a stateroom with 2 people, it's $35/ea, 4 people, $17.50 each. I think it's worth it to get on the ship without a line, have your room ready, etc. We just carried our bags right on since we knew our room was ready. Others are constantly checking for their bags in the hallways, etc... we were on first, unpacked, settled in and enjoying lunch well before most non-FTTF people were even on board and wondering if their bags will make it...

If you can afford it, well worth it. If you can't afford it, you'll complain that it's not worth the money.

Note that it's per stateroom, not per person. So if you have a stateroom with 2 people, it's $35/ea, 4 people, $17.50 each. I think it's worth it to get on the ship without a line, have your room ready, etc. We just carried our bags right on since we knew our room was ready. Others are constantly checking for their bags in the hallways, etc... we were on first, unpacked, settled in and enjoying lunch well before most non-FTTF people were even on board and wondering if their bags will make it...

I can afford it but I just choose to spend my hard earned money elsewhere-I am not trying to sway anyone-I just dont want people here asking for advise to think everyone is onboard with FTTF.

lol

I have fttf for the first time and have not been on Carnival since 2009. How do you get to your cabin when the doors are locked to the cabin hallways until 1pm. Or does Carnival not do this. Thanks

The doors to the hallways are closed but not locked. The sign on the door politely asks you to wait till they're ready with the exception of FTTF guests.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by bigdawgmatty

The doors to the hallways are closed but not locked. The sign on the door politely asks you to wait till they're ready with the exception of FTTF guests.

At what time latest can you depart the ship? Is there a departure time? I imagine that if they have to get rooms ready for the FTTF program, that you have to leave earlier too. Is that a correct assumption?

At what time latest can you depart the ship? Is there a departure time? I imagine that if they have to get rooms ready for the FTTF program, that you have to leave earlier too. Is that a correct assumption?

I want to say our room steward on the Glory last month said he wouldn't rush us, but after 9am he would really need to get into our cabin. I believe officially it's like 8-830 am to vacate your cabin. To be honest, debarkation day is such a bummer that I'm not the type to hang on to every last second I can get on the ship and debark as early as possible.

One thing is, decide quickly, it is limited availability, and many who would like it wait too long and find that is no longer available.

--And if you're still not totally certain FttF is worth it but you're definitely considering it, go ahead and book it. (Remember it's per cabin, not per-person.)

If, after further research you decide it's not worth it, you can always drop it and get a full refund back to your billing method.

If you decide you like the perks, then at least you already have it booked. It IS capacity controlled and nearly always sells out eventually.