Westerdam Review

jbobst

We would not be very happy if our room was too warm. We had a similar experience on the Diamond Princess on this same Mexican Riviera cruise. We could not get our room cool enough for us. Part of the problem was that the weather was very hot outside (South of Cabo). Once we were north of Cabo the weather was much cooler and we solved our problem by leaving the balcony door open slightly.

Best to explore those cabin temperature standards up front, so there are no surprises or failed expectations.

Please for the comfort of your fellow passengers, never leave your balcony door open. Inside cabin air pressure is also linked to the fire safety requirements. The balcony door sign says don't do it; don't do it.

First time with Holland on the Westerdam and last time with Holland ever because of the air conditioning problem in our cabin a few weeks ago. Seems Holland must know about the problem, we complained many times daily. They aren't doing a thing about it. Shame on them. So uncomfortably hot. And running a fan is noisy and cumbersome in those small verandah rooms. The tiniest balcony room I've ever had on a cruise. My first time in about 8 to 9 cruises of ever being disappointed.

Very good review. I was on the same ship. Interestingly, had very similar experiences

My a/c was so loud! I didn't complain just suffered thru the noise. We had a suite and paid a great deal for it compared to what I can book with celebrity.

Embarkation was the worst I've experienced since the 1990,s.

I also asked about the wine at the PG , the waiter said yes, and I would not be charged, then after I went to retrieve it. He rescinded his offer.

Breakfast at the MDR was the best, other than that the food for us was quite poor.

I did thing the pillows and bed was very comfortable., though

Great service, but didn't like the older ship, poor quality of food, and embarkation issues

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Very good review. I was on the same ship. Interestingly, had very similar experiences

My a/c was so loud! I didn't complain just suffered thru the noise. We had a suite and paid a great deal for it compared to what I can book with celebrity.

Embarkation was the worst I've experienced since the 1990,s.

I also asked about the wine at the PG , the waiter said yes, and I would not be charged, then after I went to retrieve it. He rescinded his offer.

Breakfast at the MDR was the best, other than that the food for us was quite poor.

I did thing the pillows and bed was very comfortable., though

Great service, but didn't like the older ship, poor quality of food, and embarkation issues

We will also be in a Neptune suite on the Westerdam. Can I ask you what cabin number you were in. Want to make sure we don't have one with noisy AC as we are light sleepers.

We never got to have breakfast in the MDR because the hours were 7:00 to 8:30 AM. The only other options were room service or Lido. The Lido was very crowded and very hard to find a table. It wasn't relaxing at all. You were constantly dodging people. The food was tasty, I will say that.

We were in a signature suite not a Neptune. But our cabin was 8095. Nice midship location, because the rocking and rolling was more than what I liked. Also , lovely balcony but couldn't use it because neighbors smoked cigars all day. The overhang on this floor seems to not allow good airflow.

We were on the Eastern time clock so getting up for breakfast was the best[emoji258]

We will also be in a Neptune suite on the Westerdam. Can I ask you what cabin number you were in. Want to make sure we don't have one with noisy AC as we are light sleepers.

I was in 6166 Wrap Around Balcony. AC was good. Kept the thermostat just pass the middle more on the warm side. When we boarded in SD on the 12th, the room was extremely cool as it was set in the coldest position.

We were in a signature suite not a Neptune. But our cabin was 8095. Nice midship location, because the rocking and rolling was more than what I liked. Also , lovely balcony but couldn't use it because neighbors smoked cigars all day. The overhang on this floor seems to not allow good airflow.

We were on the Eastern time clock so getting up for breakfast was the best[emoji258]

We were also on this sailing! We had signature suite 6106. Water was hot and toilet flushed...no real problems with room. We have always noticed on this and other HAL ships on the Mexican Riviera that as you sail south, the room temperature is warmer. Our room was actually cold until we got to Cabo...we were happy because we thought it would stay cold the entire cruise, unfortunately that didn't happen. :( We kept the drapes closed and were fine. There were things in our room that should have been there on embarkation that our overworked stewards forgot...they had 26 staterooms to clean.

We were very happy with the Westerdam, though entertainment left a lot to be desired, and we had a less than memorable Pinnacle Grill lunch, waiting 40 minutes between appetizer and entree, one pat of butter total for the rolls:eek: and no one stopped during the 40 minutes to refresh our iced tea. We won't be going there again.

We had great stewards for our open seating dinners...kept the same table for 2 the entire cruise. Food was good....better than the Pinnacle.

There were 800 gospel singing guests on board with Inspiration Cruises, all really nice people from all over the world.

Karen

We had 7070 and were very happy with it. We actually needed to raise the thermostat when we boarded!

Can anyone tell me if the Ocean View Staterooms on the Westerdam have a mini fridge?

Yes, they do. Your PCC is wrong on this one.

Every cabin on every ship in the Vista, Signature, Pinnacle classes, and the Prinsendam, have a fridge.

On the S- and R-class ships, every cabin with a balcony has a fridge. The inside and outside cabins on those ships are the ones that can rent one.

Every cabin on every ship in the Vista, Signature, Pinnacle classes, and the Prinsendam, have a fridge.

On the S- and R-class ships, every cabin with a balcony has a fridge. The inside and outside cabins on those ships are the ones that can rent one.

Ruth

If you rent a fridge do they stock it? If they do,do you get the Mariner discount?

Janet

You're Awesome! Thank you Ruth!

On the HAL website, the amenities description for a Veranda Cabin on the Westerdam does not mention a mini-bar nor refrigerator. Am I looking in the wrong place? :confused:

Probably, but I don't know where it is listed.

It would not be listed under a specific type of cabin since all cabins have a fridge on that class of ship.

Found this in the CC Westerdam Deck Plan section.

Sorry it's so tiny, but not sure how to enlarge to transfer the attachment...it does say all staterooms have a minibar:

1253805259_ScreenShot2016-11-26at4_00_11PM.jpg.9f07835226703d3deaa57daec3039a7f.jpg

Edited by PSR