MSC Divina-The good, the bad & the ugly

jimmymed3

Agreed - no one knows what level you are when you're in the buffet or ordering a drink. As I said, we found everyone on board to be so professional and helpful in all parts of the ship. Food is a matter of taste. You don't like it, you don't like it. Cold is a problem, but we never experienced that - always warm to hot in the buffet, MDR, speciality dining, and Le Muse. I heard from others on this cruise on other social media, and there were rave reviews from seasoned cruisers.

Why did I get such good service in base level interiors on 2 cruises? I doubt most of the staff knew what room or experience I booked.

Why did I get such good service in base level interiors on 2 cruises? I doubt most of the staff knew what room or experience I booked.

We also had fantastic service. And the staff were friendly and helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

After having read the entire thread (and thoroughly enjoying all the info), I'd like to know if anyone can comment regarding the Aurea dining experience in Divina MDR. I understand about my choice (label?) times, but is the service any different in the dedicated Aurea area?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
After having read the entire thread (and thoroughly enjoying all the info), I'd like to know if anyone can comment regarding the Aurea dining experience in Divina MDR. I understand about my choice (label?) times, but is the service any different in the dedicated Aurea area?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Hi! Sorry no one replied to you sooner. I think service is pretty much the same all around. We had a someone poor experience, but I heard they’ve improved. Now people are saying it’s slow again. I hope they are wrong. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In Divina 11/2017 Aurea MCD and noticed NO difference in service, menu or any other aspects from normal Traditional dinning. The Aurea dinning area was bottom level left side entrance of Black Crab MDR. Nothing special or what we anticipated based on MSC write up.

Would not consider this as a perk if you don't require My Choice Dinning.

In Divina 11/2017 Aurea MCD and noticed NO difference in service, menu or any other aspects from normal Traditional dinning. The Aurea dinning area was bottom level left side entrance of Black Crab MDR. Nothing special or what we anticipated based on MSC write up. Would not consider this as a perk if you don't require My Choice Dinning.

Aurea experience My Choice Dining does not offer a different dining service, rather, it offers non-fixed time dining in the MDR. Their website provides the following information:

“Aurea” Experience, with its dedicated spa package, unlimited drinks package, and My Choice Dining gives you the most relaxation and flexibility during your vacation.

Aurea experience provides a spa package, Classic all-inclusive beverage package and My Choice dining. My Choice Dining enables guests to dine in a reserved section of the MDR, at undesignated times which are convenient to the guest (subject to restaurant hours of operation, and space availability). Some cruise lines require or request guests to make reservations, while other do not. I am not sure what you anticipated, but it sounds like you participated in My Choice Dining.

Aurea experience My Choice Dining does not offer a different dining service, rather, it offers non-fixed time dining in the MDR. Their website provides the following information:

“Aurea” Experience, with its dedicated spa package, unlimited drinks package, and My Choice Dining gives you the most relaxation and flexibility during your vacation.

Aurea experience provides a spa package, Classic all-inclusive beverage package and My Choice dining. My Choice Dining enables guests to dine in a reserved section of the MDR, at undesignated times which are convenient to the guest (subject to restaurant hours of operation, and space availability). Some cruise lines require or request guests to make reservations, while other do not. I am not sure what you anticipated, but it sounds like you participated in My Choice Dining.

WE have cruise on Celebrity and used Blu which we considered a much better experience than what we thought we would get from the Aurea Experience in the Reserved Section of the MDR. Like I said before, the only thing that you get is your choice of time to dine. Most cruise lines provide that service without the so called Aurea Experience. So to us it was not anything extra.