MSC Divina-The good, the bad & the ugly

jimmymed3

Grannyofsix, Thanks for the support! We hope to get the next video up tonight and a few more this weekend. Life gets so busy and there is so much footage to chop down.

Glamourgal, MSC actually sets everything up and will be posted in the daily. No need to arrange anything. Drink up that free wine and eat the fancy snacks! Oh, I think the meet and greet was around 4pm. I think Amanda stated the correct time in one of the videos, but not sure which one.

Hope this helps!

Hey everyone!

After our editing software crashing and a busy week, we finally have day five up for you to watch.

We were in Puerto Rico from 8am to 2am the next day! This ended up being a surprise hit for us. We were not quite sure what to do and ended up renting a car to drive around the island. Driving in Puerto Rico didn't seem as bad as everyone says. We recommend hitting the road to check out all the off beat places. We went to "pork road" and tried the famous spit roasted pork, which was amazing!

Also got some sweet drone shots if you are into that. We have an aerial views of the cruise ship in relation to the old fort. Its a bit of an uphill hike if you don't have a car. They do also have trolley service.

Stay tuned for more videos of the cruise! The last two sea days were so much fun!

Jimmy

http://www.chubbyandaway.com

Wow......my husband and I just thoroughly enjoyed Day 5 in Puerto Rico!!! Amazing video - gorgeous and extremely informative!!! Thank you!! Looking forward to Day 6 - sea day!!!:)

Hey everyone!

After our editing software crashing and a busy week, we finally have day five up for you to watch.

We were in Puerto Rico from 8am to 2am the next day! This ended up being a surprise hit for us. We were not quite sure what to do and ended up renting a car to drive around the island. Driving in Puerto Rico didn't seem as bad as everyone says. We recommend hitting the road to check out all the off beat places. We went to "pork road" and tried the famous spit roasted pork, which was amazing!

Also got some sweet drone shots if you are into that. We have an aerial views of the cruise ship in relation to the old fort. Its a bit of an uphill hike if you don't have a car. They do also have trolley service.

Stay tuned for more videos of the cruise! The last two sea days were so much fun!

Jimmy

www.chubbyandaway.com

Hey everyone! We finished day 6. It was a pretty good day. We explored more of the ship and gave some of our tricks.

If you are planning on an MSC cruise, be sure to sign up for the voyagers club before you go. You will be invited to the captains party(free champagne), along with other perks.

Enjoy!

Jimmy

http://Www.chubbyandaway.com

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Im glad things are getting worked out for you all! Im sure you are going to have a great time!

We have finally finished day 4 of our vlog! So much footage to trim down.

We were in Saint Maarten and it was our favorite stop.

Enjoy!

Jimmy

http://www.ChubbyAndAway.com

Hi there,

Really enjoying the discussion and your videos, but a couple comments about Sint Maarten.

We spend a lot of time there, usually staying near Mullet Beach/Maho, and I can rarely drive from there to Orient in 40 minutes, no matter which of three routes I take. Twenty minutes would be a miracle.

At Orient Beach, $50 for three chairs is robbery.

From the video it appears that you were quite late in arriving there, so many of the chair vendors may have shut down, but when they are open places like Orange Fever rent a chair, an umbrella, give you a free drink as well as bathroom with shower privileges for $8.

th_orange%20fever%208%20dollar.jpg

(click)

Is it possible that the vendor said three for $15, not $50? They may sound very similar with a Caribbean accent. We have received the $5 price when all we needed were the chairs for a bit.

Please carry on and be well,

gary

Lighten up Francis.

You are not alone, easy tiger.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ok Hotshot....Reveille's at Oh 500...Sergeant Hulka with the "big toe" is gonna see how far he can stick...

Been my nickname since I was a senior in H. S. Last name's spelled almost the same.

Best Movie!

Thank you Jimmy and Amanda!! My husband and I just finished watching day 6!! Loved it! You guys are amazing!!! Really enjoyed seeing the activities, the buffet, etc. Awesome job! Looking forward to day 7 video!!! Thanks again:)

Hey everyone! We finished day 6. It was a pretty good day. We explored more of the ship and gave some of our tricks.

If you are planning on an MSC cruise, be sure to sign up for the voyagers club before you go. You will be invited to the captains party(free champagne), along with other perks.

Enjoy!

Jimmy

Www.chubbyandaway.com

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm so glad I saw your review. I ran into the same situation at dinner with the water. One glass and that's it, unless you proactively flag someone down and wait another 20-30 minutes for a refill.

Apparently the "resolution" to that is to buy the bottles of water when you are seated. (Or get the drink package that includes the bottles of water. Our table mates were constantly thirsty (as were we) until I mentioned it to the General Manager and she acted surprised that they didn't leave the bottle. I said, we didn't buy the bottle of water, we got the tap water. so after that we learned to buy the water rather than be thirsty.

I'm also glad you mentioned the MDR situation. We ran into the same thing. A few nights we were just being served dessert when the 2nd seating was starting. That was awkward (let me wolf down my food so you can sit).

They really need more staff.

Or I need to win the lotto to do the Yacht club.

:)

Hey everybody! Finally finished day 7! In this video, we show you our dinner service in the formal dining room and the trouble we had. We also show you the $10 Balinese massage. It's totally worth it! This was such a fun cruise! For those of you staying in Miami before or after the cruise, check out our next episode as we tool around South Beach.

mjonis, yes, the situation was so frustrating. My hope is they see our comments and remedy the situation. If you watch this new video, we actually ordered bottled water, too. That's a great trick that we forgot to mention, so thanks for bringing it up.

I'm with you though, we need to win the lotto! Refreshingly, the Yacht Club is somewhat affordable.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Jimmy

http://Www.chubbyandaway.com

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you Jimmy and Amanda. My husband and I just thoroughly enjoyed Day 7 video!! We have learned so very much from each and every video. Thank you for taking the time to create informative and super fun videos. Looking so forward to cruising in January on the Divina!!! Thank you again!!!

PS Do you think on your next MSC cruise you might book the YC???

Thank you,

Laura & Joe

Hey everybody! Finally finished day 7! In this video, we show you our dinner service in the formal dining room and the trouble we had. We also show you the $10 Balinese massage. It's totally worth it! This was such a fun cruise! For those of you staying in Miami before or after the cruise, check out our next episode as we tool around South Beach.

mjonis, yes, the situation was so frustrating. My hope is they see our comments and remedy the situation. If you watch this new video, we actually ordered bottled water, too. That's a great trick that we forgot to mention, so thanks for bringing it up.

I'm with you though, we need to win the lotto! Refreshingly, the Yacht Club is somewhat affordable.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Jimmy

Www.chubbyandaway.com

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have just got if the Fantasia in the UAR and didn't have any problems with dining at - in fact the drinks flowed too freely . It's a shame that the entertainment appears to be the same as there is only so much lip syncing I can cope with . 7 weeks till my Divina cruise so I do hope things improve

Well, we finally finished day 8 of our cruise. We disembarked at around 6:45am with our new friends from Texas, but our flight didn't leave til 8pm. If any of you are in this situation, make the best of it and catch a bus to South Beach! The airport has a decently priced baggage storage so we just checked them at the airport for the day.

Unfortunatly, it rained pretty much the whole day but we made the best of it. So check it out!

Grannyofsix, we would sure like to live the high life in the Yacht Club eventually. MSC did offer a YC upgrade on our sailing a few weeks before our departure for around $50 a night, but we didn't take it. Are you going to try and get an upgrade?

CruiseCrew123, sorry to hear the fake singing is fleet wide. I think the Divina has a different set of acts, however. Be sure to watch the Michael Jackson show. It was awesome!

Happy New Year everyone!

Jimmy

What a fun way to start the new year! Joe and I very much enjoyed your last video Jimmy and Amanda.....looking forward to your next cruise and videos. When are you cruising again? What ship? Thank you so very much for taking the time to do these videos - they were fun and informative......

As for trying to get an upgrade to YC, I'm not sure. We bought drink coupons and I'm not sure we would need them in the YC.....don't want to waste the money we already spent on the drinks, so it may not be worth it..... So many people really like the YC experience though......did they offer it to you or did you ask for an upgrade?

Happy New Year and happy cruising!!!

Well, we finally finished day 8 of our cruise. We disembarked at around 6:45am with our new friends from Texas, but our flight didn't leave til 8pm. If any of you are in this situation, make the best of it and catch a bus to South Beach! The airport has a decently priced baggage storage so we just checked them at the airport for the day.

Unfortunatly, it rained pretty much the whole day but we made the best of it. So check it out!

Grannyofsix, we would sure like to live the high life in the Yacht Club eventually. MSC did offer a YC upgrade on our sailing a few weeks before our departure for around $50 a night, but we didn't take it. Are you going to try and get an upgrade?

CruiseCrew123, sorry to hear the fake singing is fleet wide. I think the Divina has a different set of acts, however. Be sure to watch the Michael Jackson show. It was awesome!

Happy New Year everyone!

Jimmy

www.ChubbyAndAway.com

Can you elaborate on the Loyalty Match thing you mentioned under "The Good" section of your review? Does Carnival count as competition? How do I go about and claim these to have my loyalty matched?

Carnival counts. Show them proof (screen capture) of your current status and they will match it to one of their tiers.

Here is the website with all information on benefits, tiers, and claim process

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx

In addition to offering Loyalty Match for most cruise lines, MSC also offers Loyalty Match for many hotel chains. Therefore, if you have loyalty status with a few hotel chains and a few cruise lines, it would be prudent to submit your Loyalty Match for the highest status you have obtained.

For those who live outside of the US, please submit your Loyalty Match application through the MSC in your home country (where applicable). In many instances, MSC offices operating outside of the US are able to process Loyalty Match applications in a more expedient manner. MSC-USA often responds to Loyalty Match applications within 3 weeks, but it can sometimes take 30 - 45 days. If you have not heard back from them within 45 - 60 days, you may want to contact them to check the status or resubmit your application.

Happy New Year everyone!

Jimmy

How does one go about getting offered an upgrade? Do you contact MSC or does MSC contact the customer? Thank you!

Hey Everyone and Happy New Year! It appears I havent been getting CruiseCritic notifications on my phone. I got a new phone for Christmas and totally forgot to sign in, so, sorry for the late reply!

The loyalty match program is awesome. Basically, just screen shot your frequent cruiser page on your computer and send it when you fill out the app online for the Voyagers club. Actually, we did this and had to call Voyagers Club directly because our email never came. The agent was really cool. I suggest just calling them directly and taking care of it that way. I had to email him the picture of the screen shot and got our official number that day.

As far as the mirrors go, we had a balcony room and it did not have an independent magnifying mirror in the state room. Amanda did like the vanity in the room, however. Good lighting she says?

And to the soda connoisseur, MSC carries Coke products on the ship.

Hope this helps!

jjjennys,

MSC actually called us like two weeks before departure about the Yacht Club upgrade. I did call about a month before just to see what they could offer. It might have been why we got the call, but honestly dont know. It could be pure luck that they call.

I will tell you that the people that reserved inside cabins through TravelZoo all seemed to get free upgrades. Maybe not all of them, but the ones we talked to seemed to have this happen. We were bummed as we paid full price balcony and they wouldnt even throw us a bone for bottle of wine, lol. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
Hi Jimmy and Amanda and/or anyone who might know this answer. Does MSC Divina have magnifying mirrors in the bathroom?

Thanks in advance for your help!:)

Grannyofsix, Just wondering how your cruise went? Wasnt it this month?

Hi Jimmy and Amanda,

Now that we have completed our Divina cruise, I would like to thank you for doing such thorough and honest reviews and videos!! We thought about you both quite often while we were on the ship. Numerous times we found ourselves wondering how in the world you did the videos, gave advise, etc.......I KNOW we couldn't have done what you do, so again, thank you from the bottom of our hearts! We learned a lot from the both of you and it was wonderful having a heads up, etc.

Thank you!

Laura & Joe

quote=jimmymed3;51944958]jjjennys,

MSC actually called us like two weeks before departure about the Yacht Club upgrade. I did call about a month before just to see what they could offer. It might have been why we got the call, but honestly dont know. It could be pure luck that they call.

I will tell you that the people that reserved inside cabins through TravelZoo all seemed to get free upgrades. Maybe not all of them, but the ones we talked to seemed to have this happen. We were bummed as we paid full price balcony and they wouldnt even throw us a bone for bottle of wine, lol. Good luck!