Spam on Roll calls or am I paranoid?

Good work detective Mic......I don't think it is a good system, new poster doesnt know they have posted, hasn't really worked out how to get to a rollcall as it is done automatically, then never post's again.

Exactly, no wonder so many never post again.

Excellent.

I was going to start mailing out tin foil hats [emoji6]

My roll call is kinda quiet. That's why I post in this section instead!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can get so paranoid sometimes that perhaps I should still have one and maybe a pair of tin undies as well.:eek:

Okay after some experimentation we have worked it out.

When people join from the main Cruise Critic page (not the forums page) http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/community/

if they then go to the 'Find your roll call' button it takes you to http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/rollcalls/

you then fill out the cruise particulars of cruise company, ship and month and

then go to the particular roll call on the right hand side is a button that says, 'I am sailing'.

This automatically sends that default response, unbeknown to the person unless they then go and read the roll call itself.

In my opinion, this a fault as many people do not know they have posted, they think they have joined a roll call but may not get any proper confirmation of the fact if they do not follow it up directly.

Thanks for experimenting. I agree with your conclusion.

I think it would be too hard to spam the website with different names. You would need dozens of email addresses and a different computer and IP address every time you signed up or the system would recognise it.

On the other hand email spam is one thing that bothers me.

If anyone who uses hotmail can tell me a way to block all emails that contain the word "******" I will be extremely happy. No matter how many rules I make for my inbox they always find their way to the junk mail folder. I don't want them in the junk mail folder I want them deleted so I do not even have to check my junk mail folder.

..wondering what that word is now..lol. You can get some interesting emails in the junk folder. I've got a problem at the moment where ALL my mail is going to junk - have no idea why because I didn't change anything:mad:

I did not realise the word was censored out. Anyway it starts with the letter "V" and comes from a country pertaining to be Canada selling pharmaceutical products.

I am having the same problem with all my friends legitimate email being delivered to my junk folder. Its unbelievable.