Princess Balcony Cabins

mevs904

Can anyone help me determine the difference between a Deluxe Balcony and a regular Balcony cabin? Also what is the difference between a BE category and a BF category. They seem to be in the same section of the ship. I'm looking at cruises on the Regal and Royal. Thanks in advance for any help.

I have been in both Deluxe and regular balcony.

Deluxe has a couch in it, but in a regular balcony there is more storage.

Check out this video comparing all the cabins on the Royal/Regal.

Personally I don't care for the deluxe as I rather have more drawers and counter space than a couch.

I cannot say what difference actually is we have only been in a delux balcony on the Regal. But we had a single bed that was two single beds pushed together to make the one bed. Large flat screen tv on the wall, a couch that was a sleeper type sofa and desk area about the same length as the sofa. Small coffe table that was good to set the breakfast tray on. In looking from our balcony they all looked the same size and depth except some under where the walkway sticks out. Bathroom looked like a typical bathroom made for those under 5' 6" and weigh in at 120lbs. I am a big guy 6'4" and weigh a little more than 120😀 Ok maybe a lot more the shower I have to just about get on my knees, if I take it off the rod thing my DW says I spray the entire room down, she is never in the bathroom during that. Hence the need of the couch I can take a nap while she gets ready.

I did try when booking to determine what the difference was and the only thing I saw was location and it had a couch. For me in order of importance was location and had a couch.

We managed without the couch. On the other hand, our next cruise cabin had a couch that we sat on twice.

I found the Princess cabin compact - for the time we were actually there adequate and probably won't spend the extra for a couch without additional benefits.

We really use a balcony and that is tiny on both Royal and Regal. I'd really like some extra room there.

Can anyone help me determine the difference between a Deluxe Balcony and a regular Balcony cabin? Also what is the difference between a BE category and a BF category. They seem to be in the same section of the ship. I'm looking at cruises on the Regal and Royal. Thanks in advance for any help.

The difference between BF & BE is the deck. Higher and lower front are BF (lowest class regular balcony), while the middle decks in the front are BE. Princess classification has the ship divided into 5 sections front to back with the middle being a higher category and decreasing as you go forward or to the rear. Each of those 5 sections are also divided into 3 between lowest deck and highest. The middle decks are a higher category than the top or bottom decks. Thus classifications ranging from BA (best cabin) to BF (least desirable cabin). Confusing? It is even worse on ships that have the new "Club Class" cabins.

There is very little difference and the prices are ridiculous.

We just returned from the Royal Princess and had a forward facing deluxe balcony cabin on Marina deck (M104). The cabin had a love seat (not really a "couch") but the extra seating and overall space were great. The balcony was very large and it was accessible during the entire 10-day cruise. The door was never locked while at sea and it was only too windy one day when we sailed directly into the wind. At other times, we were cruising at 20 knots and sat out on the balcony to read. The cabin had plenty of room for storage if you utilize the shelf space. We relocated the life jackets under the bed and had plenty of room for 10-days worth of clothes, along with never-used articles. Slightly more motion in a forward cabin but it never affected us. We had friends in a mid-rear cabin and one of them was seasick during the last two days. The forward-facing cabin was quiet but a long walk to the Outrigger bar or the dining rooms.

Thanks for the excellent explanation, ILShipmates! What you described reflects the dioramas in the Princess website for choosing a cabin, but I couldn't find BE or BF mentioned there anywhere. I really appreciate your response.

CapeCodFlyer, we also have had no motion problems when sailing in a forward cabin. We have had forward cabins on our Disney cruises and have enjoyed them. That area of the ship is quieter and seems to have less traffic. We generally stay away from the aft cabins because of vibration and engine noise. We also don't mind walking to the dining rooms or bars.