Just left harvest cay

murfette

It has been stated all along that food would be ala carte. One thing to keep in mind is that this is not a private island per se, but a private port. This project was not popular with the Belizeans, so to get approved, it required partnerships with locals to provide the food and beverage.

It has been stated all along that food would be ala carte. One thing to keep in mind is that this is not a private island per se, but a private port. This project was not popular with the Belizeans, so to get approved, it required partnerships with locals to provide the food and beverage.

Let's see, they have a pool, and beach. The only benefit is not having to tender at Belize City. There's nothing else there that I couldn't do on any other island. woo hoo!:rolleyes:

How far is it from the private villas to the pool, etc? We ditched the Haven this coming summer but did get a villa. I know the husband and I will love it, is there a way to get to the pool and other activities without walking an hour?

Thanks

Let's see, they have a pool, and beach. The only benefit is not having to tender at Belize City. There's nothing else there that I couldn't do on any other island. woo hoo!:rolleyes:

I'm ecstatic that we can walk off the ship to a nice beach without having to find a taxi or do an excursion. Going back to the ship for lunch isn't that big of a problem for us.

My son and his GF were there for the first visit to HC (on the Dawn). They both loved it and said it was their favorite stop of the cruise.

Were any food offerings complimentary? I haven't seen any documented. If that's the case, it seems to me that this is the only private cruise line island that offers nothing complimentary, other than lounge chairs.

Grand Turk is set up the same way.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

The villas where at the end but easily in walking distance to everything. They had a few bottles of water in fridge and a small fruit plate and a small cheese plate. Nothing extravagant. It had a bathroom with shower and the inside was air conditioned. Frankly I don't think it was worth the cost. Just having a few drinks cost $180 plus tip. Some of our party got some food for the kids. Chicken fingers and a couple other things. Not sure what it cost.

I think NCL would do much better with the villas and cabanas if they offered some type of food and beverage credit like they do on great stirrup came.

Also port time was horrible. 7 am till 12:30. Did not see many people eating or drinking and if they want to maximize this they need a later time in this island in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Getaway for her first stop at HC last week. Just debarked the cruise today. The weather was foul the day of our visit so I just walked around and took a ton of photos. Will post a more detailed review of this port stop when I get back home complete with a map.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app