Studios on Epic sold out

DaveL00

Does anyone know why the Studios on the Epic for Jan and Feb 2017 are for the most part sold out? I know NCL is offering 2 week as well as 1 week trips on the same ship but I'm still surprised of the high demand for Studios.

I don't think the solo traveling concept has taken off enough to sell out 128 cabins over 2 months. At least not from my observations over the last few years.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Edited by DaveL00

Does anyone know why the Studios on the Epic for Jan and Feb 2017 are for the most part sold out? I know NCL is offering 2 week as well as 1 week trips on the same ship but I'm still surprised of the high demand for Studios.

I don't think the solo traveling concept has taken off enough to sell out 128 cabins over 2 months. At least not from my observations over the last few years.

https://www.ncl.com/vacations/norwegian-epic-jan-2017-feb-2017-studio-1-guest?sailmonths=4294953440+4294953439&stateroomcategorymeta=4294953423&ships=4294959811&cruise=1&cruiseHotel=1&cruiseHotelAir=1&cruiseTour=1&numberOfGuests=4294953450&advancedSearch=true

I'm seeing at least 3 weeks that those studio cabins are available. Are you changing the default number of guests from 2 down to 1 so the studio cabins show up?

True. 5 of the 10 weeks between Jan and March are sold out. Too bad the week I need isn't available. I was just surprised to see that many sold.

Edited by DaveL00

This is during the time when the Epic is alternating between eastern and western Caribbean. NCL holds separate inventory for the B2B. That is, they hold a lot of rooms for the two 14 day cruises (each week can be part of two 14 day cruises).

Example: the Jan 21 week can be part of a 14 day starting on Jan 14 and a 14 day starting Jan 21. And the 7 day starting Jan 21. Each cruise has its own inventory (block of rooms). And the cruise line would like to sell the 14 day cruises, so the least rooms are held for the 7 day.

Edited by BirdTravels

People don't like paying the single supplement or waiting until like 2 weeks or less to book? That's why they're sold out. The studios on NCL ships have been incredibly popular.

the two months of $50 deposits helped with reservations too. Wait until the final payment days to see availability reappear!

We have a good sized group on the 1/21 Epic sailing. The studios are sold out. Three came open right after final payment (I assume someone canceled or forgot to pay). 6 in our group are in studios. The price was great!

Week 1/21 was the one I was looking at. Thanks everyone for your input.

I'll keep checking availability from time to time. I'm in no hurry or is it dire I go a certain week.

Edited by DaveL00

Studios will also open up much closer to sailing as prices for better categories drop in comparison. This past February 2 friends and I paid less than $200 CDN pp to move from our studios up to guaranteed balconies, only about a week before sailing.

Oh I know this does happen. A few months ago aboard the Getaway I was able to upgrade from a Studio ($1230) to an Aft Balcony for $70 more with an additional perk added about 2 weeks out. An incredible happenstance, cabin and trip.

Edited by DaveL00