I know why I get the flu on Princess.

Loreni

Thought he was a dog!:D Why not wear rubber gloves all the time. There are a bunch of germaphobics in this world. I was raised on a dairy farm. We played in the barnyard in our bare feet., drank pure milk out of the cow, and processed our own meat and sausage. My Grandmother would butcher 25 chickens and take them to the restaurant and they were cleaner than anything you can buy in a store. We raise our own chickens, beef and lamb and I am more afraid of geramaphobes than germs.:D

BTW/I'm a member of a Vol Fire Dept and they recommend you wash your hands with soap and water for 15 seconds. Used to be 20.

You actually post the most common sense posts here and I'm serious,:):)

Try the Aqua class on Celebrity. Nice perks and the price difference is minimal. You get the spa experience and healthier menu selections. I really loved it.

Not on cruises out of Australia. :( Aqua class cabins are over AU $1500 per person more on the cruise we have booked for next February. Plus I prefer to be lower down in the ship especially when crossing the Tasman Sea. And the actual cabin construction is the same as regular balcony cabins so that doesn't solve the noise problem. From what I've seen the Blu menu is much nicer, but not $1500 nicer. I could eat in the speciality restaurants for the whole 12 night cruise for less than that.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Try Celebrity. Much better food, great staterooms and a better experience overall while still being adult-centric.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually, OP has problems with Celebrity as well... Just because Celebrity is your cruise line of choice, it doesn't mean it's necessarily better than Princess. This is why we have choices.

Edited by Working 2 Cruise

Why Thank You! a lot of what you read here is made up, some just to stir people. One guy said he got off Crown Princess, there was vomit on the carpet. Bet he puked.

I sleep like ababy on cruises, Wake up crying every 2 hrs.

Edited by WupperAV

Try Celebrity. Much better food, great staterooms and a better experience overall while still being adult-centric.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How can you make this comparison, when your cruise history doesn't show any Princess cruises?

I don't think Princess adds too much salt to the food, but the water on cruise ships is naturally salty because it comes from sea water processed through on-board desalination plants.

Do you mean "on board partial-desalinization plants"?

I don't think Princess adds too much salt to the food, but the water on cruise ships is naturally salty because it comes from sea water processed through on-board desalination plants.

Water on board is basically distilled water. It's purer than most of the water any of us drink in our homes unless it's contaminated along the piping somehow. Doesn't contain salt or any other impurities.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, not really. The water produced from sea water comes from two different methods. The first is flash distillation, where the sea water is boiled in a vacuum and then re-condensed, making distilled water that has less than 1ppm sea salt, otherwise it is dumped back to the sea and not used. The second method is reverse osmosis, where the sea water is highly pressurized, and the water molecules are forced through pores in a membrane that only allow molecules the size of water to pass. Both sodium and chlorine ions (the components of salt when dissolved in water) are both larger than water molecules, so they cannot pass. These units also have salinity meters on them that reject any product that has more than 20ppm of sea salt. For a comparison, both Miami/Dade County, and NYC, in their most recent water quality reports show results in the 30-65ppm sodium range. So, the "naturally salty" water produced onboard is less salty than the municipal water in most large metropolitan areas of the US.

Well, not really. The water produced from sea water comes from two different methods. The first is flash distillation, where the sea water is boiled in a vacuum and then re-condensed, making distilled water that has less than 1ppm sea salt, otherwise it is dumped back to the sea and not used. The second method is reverse osmosis, where the sea water is highly pressurized, and the water molecules are forced through pores in a membrane that only allow molecules the size of water to pass. Both sodium and chlorine ions (the components of salt when dissolved in water) are both larger than water molecules, so they cannot pass. These units also have salinity meters on them that reject any product that has more than 20ppm of sea salt. For a comparison, both Miami/Dade County, and NYC, in their most recent water quality reports show results in the 30-65ppm sodium range. So, the "naturally salty" water produced onboard is less salty than the municipal water in most large metropolitan areas of the US.

Wow, we have some experts on the subject here. I guess I was misinformed.

This has turned out to be a really fun thread! It's also one of the most ridiculous! I'm sure Loreni will also find things not perfect on her land vacation.

I don't understand why non-Princess cruisers feel the need to give their opinions when they have very little (as in touring) experience with Princess in the first place...

We just returned from first Princess cruise on Crown Princess. Dirtiest ship ever! Bathrooms out of order, no soap or hand sanitizer, vomit on the floor.

And I agree, the A/C shuts off. We had them in twice (on 5 day trip) and still had no air flow!

You probably get sick because of the cleanliness of the ship. We paid for the sanctuary and the specialty restaurants. Never went to buffet or MDR,

Tried to go to show in Explorers lounge, but it was full, and the smell of stale onion breath and body odor sent us away

Sorry, wanted to like princess, but JUST SAY NO

(this was our 37 cruise on various lines including one Carnival, several Celebrity, Regent, Windstar, Seadream, Viking, Oceania and Seabourn)

I've traveled on the Crown a lot, once recently, and have never experienced any of this. The Explorers Lounge was always cool. Never smelled anything untoward. Always hand sanitizer. Though, I do wish the ships had handwashing stations like the Royal. Had a noro outbreak on a translantic on the Crown, once. Someone vomited and Princess cordoned off the area. Staff in hazmat suits cleaned it up expeditiously. I cannot believe they just left it there.

It's so easy to bash the Crown.

My wife and I both got very sick on our last cruise. We came down with terrible colds. Probably a third of the passengers had it by the end of the short (7 day) southbound from Alaska. We just figured someone boarded with the cold and it spread like wildfire. After reading this thread of course I now know better. It was obviously the SALT! :rolleyes:

URIs spread like wildfire. People can minimize the spread by covering their mouths when coughing or sneezing. But when the viral particles become aerosolized, it's all over. I avoid elevators at all costs. It's probably too late to move once someone has sat down behind you in an auditorium, as was suggested in another post, probably won't work. The stuff is aerosolized. Still, I do move. On a Viking river cruise in China I got up and left the table before eating when guy and his wife sat down at the table and announced they had GI distress. OMG Out of there. You can never tell about someone's hygiene.

Sorry you got sick. DH and I have both caught things occasionally on cruise ships. It's a hazard darn near anywhere, I guess.