I know why I get the flu on Princess.

Loreni

You are right that never did happen. The ship's doctor warned the passengers of the salty food and encouraged those taking blood pressure medication not to hesitate to visit him if they need their medications adjusted or if they had forgotten their medications on this month-long cruise.

Again, the point of my post is that those of you who are getting sick on Princess, and there are many, should consider how well you are sleeping.

It certainly is not inconceivable that a company that would willfully pollute to save money (without regard for the environment), might also decrease the air conditioning to save money (without regard for its impact on passenger sleep and thus health). After all, those who get sick might blame the airlines, or themselves for not being careful enough, or others for "licking their hands."

I can't believe you are STILL here thinking you will get anyone with any history of cruising or frankly a lick of sense at all to believe your story...:rolleyes:

I can't believe you are STILL here thinking you will get anyone with any history of cruising or frankly a lick of sense at all to believe your story...:rolleyes:

I, for one, am still hoping to see the book he said he would write after he retired.

Hey come on, there is some entertainment value........:rolleyes::D

ar1950,

I believe you are mistaken as to whom SheriffJoe is referring.

To clear it up, SheriffJoe was, I thought, referring to BruceMuzz in SJ's post that I quoted. Now I see he was quoting the OP. Too many posts and subjects going off on tangents on here. Hope my post makes sense now and, if not, BruceMuzz once said he was going to write a book about the cruise industry. Bet that will be entertaining. :D

BTW, I totally agree with SJ's opinion of the OP in that post.......Just sayin'.

Edited by ar1950

Hello.. my name is Alice. Not sure where I am but I just saw a rabbit with a stop watch and a cat with a big smile. I thought I was on Cruise Critic where people talk about real stuff that happens on cruises.

Just drink your tea, dear.

Doesn't anybody else think this thread has (more than) run its course?

Of course. However, how many other threads seem to go on and on way beyond their "use by date"? Just a typical day on the old Cruise Critic board as it were. :rolleyes:

BTW, be careful not to get sucked into Cruise Critic purgatory as it were. It will make IT support seem like paradise in some perverted way. Hey, just sayin' as one retired IT guy to another. Watch out! :D:eek::rolleyes:

Edited by ar1950

Helping to make it to #200. I have never been sick on a cruise and I don't wipe down my cabin, I touch the hand rails and the buttons on elevators. I do, however, wash my hands frequently, which I believe is all that is necessary to stay healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Helping to make it to #200. I have never been sick on a cruise and I don't wipe down my cabin, I touch the hand rails and the buttons on elevators. I do, however, wash my hands frequently, which I believe is all that is necessary to avoid illness.

I often leave cruises with the start of a cold, and this is not limited to cruises with Princess. My friend in Florida who lives near Ft. Lauderdale asks me to please visit before my cruises, not after! LOL

My theory is that the elevators are the culprit, you can always hear hacking and coughing and people are in close proximity. Therefore I do my best to stay off and use the stairs, but sometimes it is just too far to walk up.

I am right there with you!:eek: I have cruised over 6 times in the last two years mostly with Princess and every time except once I began to get a cold the last day or two. The one exception was when I got a cold 3 days after I got home. Otherwise I get a cold maybe once every two years.

Also, I was just on the Princess Grand (the trip Hawaii that a everyone was flown home from Honolulu) and I noticed that at the Horizon Buffet they have a section of no salt foods.

Diana