San Juan Puerto Rico Motel and Hotel

chuibaca

Closest hotel is generally the Sheraton, assuming you will be departing from Old Town. The Hilton Caribe or any of the hotels in Condado are a short cab ride from the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are staying a the Casablanca Hotel in June. It's not far from the port (a few blocks).

Last cruise out of San Juan we stayed at the Sheraton OSJ across from the port and walked to the ship (cross the street). I liked the Sheraton however this time we will have an extra person with us so we decided to try out the Casablanca Hotel as they have a larger suite room with enough beds for all of us. Our cruise isn't til June 2017 but the Sheraton OSJ and Casablanca rates were pretty comparable. I guess alot depends upon how much you wish to spend and what type of room you need.

We stayed at the San Juan Suites on Fortaleza a couple of

years ago. Great location with lots of dining options nearby. It's about a 10 minute walk to the biggest fort area, whose name escapes me. It was about a 5 minute walk down to the cruise terminal. Very easy and it was under $200 a night.

A lot depends which cruise line you are on. Royal Caribbean and Celebrity depart from the Pan American pier which is a 15 minute drive from Old San Juan and most of the other popular tourist neighborhoods. If you are departing from Pan American, there are no hotels from which you can walk to the pier.

If you are departing from Old San Juan pier, there are many hotels in the area from which you can walk. The entire area is only several city blocks in size.

I prefer to stay in Condado. There are many hotels and restaurants and the beach is readily accessible. I have had luck with Priceline and Hotwire in the past. I tend to book directly now.

I too need a night pre cruise...Do all the hotels there have the extra 'resort fee

'? I see them running as high as 18-20% of the price! yikes! I would like the Sheraton, but is sold out the night I need.

Try the Holiday Inn Express or Best Western Plus in Condado. They are both in a good area, near the beach and restaurants, with more reasonable prices.

• 2 weeks later...

We are looking for a budget friendly place close to things to do for a couple days pre cruise. I assume that is Old San Juan. We are a group of 9 so more concerned with being close to things to see & places to eat in a walkable and SAFE area than we are being close to pier or airport. We assume we will need taxis from airport & to ship but don't want to have to do it for dinner every night.

Sailing Royal Caribbean ages vary from 19-75

We are looking for a budget friendly place close to things to do for a couple days pre cruise. I assume that is Old San Juan. We are a group of 9 so more concerned with being close to things to see & places to eat in a walkable and SAFE area than we are being close to pier or airport. We assume we will need taxis from airport & to ship but don't want to have to do it for dinner every night.

Sailing Royal Caribbean ages vary from 19-75

Comfortable and at a reasonable price for OSJ, in good central area, then consider Milano or Hotel de Plaza Armas.

Try the Holiday Inn Express or Best Western Plus in Condado. They are both in a good area, near the beach and restaurants, with more reasonable prices.

We are booked at the Best Western in late January. I've been reading that it's undergoing renovations, hopefully it won't be too bad.

Can you recommend any restaurants in the area? Something with a mix of local and your standard American fare!