Victory updates?

kimberlym4

Just saw a youtube video of someone who was in room 7348 on the Victory. It was posted 1 week ago. The room looks amazing. And it's just 4 doors down from where we will be staying so I am guessing that means our looks the same. She pans down the hallway which also looks great. Check it out on youtube... carnival victory room 7348. I am so excited to be there!!

Just saw a youtube video of someone who was in room 7348 on the Victory. It was posted 1 week ago. The room looks amazing. And it's just 4 doors down from where we will be staying so I am guessing that means our looks the same. She pans down the hallway which also looks great. Check it out on youtube... carnival victory room 7348. I am so excited to be there!!

It looks good. I really love these newer wall paintings. More subtle and modern.

Just got off Victory yesterday. They had about 70% of Deck 7 closed for refurb. That was the only deck I could see work being done on currently. We were on Deck 8 and it had not been refurbished. The halls on the refurbished rooms are very nice. It is the same color scheme and look of the Vista.

We did take advantage of the new Seafood Shack/Corner. It was excellent. DH made good use of the pour your own beer station.

We had aft extended balcony 8435. The balcony glass was filthy. So, it was hard to see out if sitting down. We did have a flat screen tv, but our friends in 8437 had a tube tv. Otherwise, no renovations to our rooms.

Hope this helps!

Just got off Victory yesterday. They had about 70% of Deck 7 closed for refurb. That was the only deck I could see work being done on currently. We were on Deck 8 and it had not been refurbished. The halls on the refurbished rooms are very nice. It is the same color scheme and look of the Vista.

We did take advantage of the new Seafood Shack/Corner. It was excellent. DH made good use of the pour your own beer station.

We had aft extended balcony 8435. The balcony glass was filthy. So, it was hard to see out if sitting down. We did have a flat screen tv, but our friends in 8437 had a tube tv. Otherwise, no renovations to our rooms.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for the update. I have a room on Jan 9th on deck 9. I'm assuming they won't be done with deck 9 by then if they are working their way up. Bummer. Did you at least have a mini fridge?

Thank you for the update. I have a room on Jan 9th on deck 9. I'm assuming they won't be done with deck 9 by then if they are working their way up. Bummer. Did you at least have a mini fridge?

Sorry. No mini fridge either. We actually ordered beer to be delivered in the room. It was delivered in a cellophane bag with no ice. DH was looking forward to having a cold beer in the room right away.

Hope this helps!

Did you have loungers on the aft extended balcony, or just chairs?

Did you have loungers on the aft extended balcony, or just chairs?

Our room 8435 is slightly larger than the rest of the aft extended balcony's. So we had 2 loungers, 2 chairs, and 2 small tables. Our friends in 8437 had one lounger, two chairs and a small table. To be honest, it was a bit too crowded with 2 loungers and 2 chairs. The loungers are almost as long as the balcony depth. So, it was hard to get to the railing in front of them.

Our room 8435 is slightly larger than the rest of the aft extended balcony's. So we had 2 loungers, 2 chairs, and 2 small tables. Our friends in 8437 had one lounger, two chairs and a small table. To be honest, it was a bit too crowded with 2 loungers and 2 chairs. The loungers are almost as long as the balcony depth. So, it was hard to get to the railing in front of them.

We have 6465 on the aft - sailing in less than 2 weeks. Is 8435 still a cat 8M cabin? I was not aware that there was a measurable difference in aft balcony size (within the same category)

We have 6465 on the aft - sailing in less than 2 weeks. Is 8435 still a cat 8M cabin? I was not aware that there was a measurable difference in aft balcony size (within the same category)

It is still an 8M. The 8M's on the end caps of Deck 8 are larger because the aft wrap next door doesn't wrap as far across the back. Here is an image: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/pFWVhowqK2g/maxresdefault.jpg

VICTORY UPDATE

Back a week from our Cruise. We walked all the Decks. One to six were completed. It appeared that from Aft to near the forward Balconies on the Port side of 7 were completed. They were doing work on the ones forward of that and it was sealed off. They were doing a lot of work on the Starboard side of 7. It looked like Aft to the near elevators was completed. From these Elevators forward for the most part was under construction. I can't speak to the noise of the construction that cruisers above and below experienced but assuming these cabins were occupied they would have heard it. On our walks past, lots of drilling etc.

We were on 8 Aft Port side so were fortunate that the work below us was completed so no noise. We did however hear chairs being moved above us from the Lido. It wasn't too bad other than at around 3 am on the day we arrived back into Miami. Perhaps they were cleaning the area or some folks were having a party. Our Cabin was not touched, we had the old t.v. It was okay though and the balcony looking back on the wake was great.

Long line ups for the buffet due to its design. We had to wait until close to 3 pm to get on due to them on loading materials. Then just went for Pizza as the line looked like it would take forever. Then standing for what seemed like an hour on the metal deck beside the lifeboats. Suggest older people make other arrangements.

From then on, it went fine. Service in the MDR was very good. The Vroom show was entertaining, the Comedians not so much.

I also just got back yesterday. We were in 6417 and the room was updated, new flat tv and mini fridge. I'm not sure if it got cold because we never used it. Balcony glass was also pretty dirty but I really didn't care because it turns out I get motion sickness so I didn't spend much time looking out haha.

There was a leak in a storage room next to us I guess so they put a dryer in our room when we were out and asked us to turn it on when we left to dry the floor. It was my first cruise and again it didn't bother me at all because we only used the room to change and sleep. they did put $25 obc on both of our accounts for the inconvenience so I thought that was a nice touch!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by jaydeeflorida

• 1 month later...

Just checking in after your January 9th cruise - were any deck 9 cabins redone yet? Can anyone answer that?

Thanks! :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the inside and oceanview are re-done in the same color palette. The website is showing flat screen tvs, etc as a part of the virtual tour but they are still orange in color, etc. Just wondering if all cabins have been done in the soothing blue color scheme. The balcony cabins look awesome.

Does anyone know if the inside and oceanview are re-done in the same color palette. The website is showing flat screen tvs, etc as a part of the virtual tour but they are still orange in color, etc. Just wondering if all cabins have been done in the soothing blue color scheme. The balcony cabins look awesome.

From what people are reporting all the rooms should have the blue color.

I'm boarding the Victory later today so I'll find out as much as I can and post from the ship. Carnival has sent out emails and made pre-recorded phone calls this past week informing that check-in and boarding will be delayed because they are unloading and loading materials throughout the day on the ship, so we were asked to delay our assigned check-in time by two hours and boarding will begin no earlier than 1:30 pm for all guests.

Edited by B744

Here are the cabins on Deck 8 with updates completed : Starboard side - from 8401 aft to 8427, aft-facing cabins from 8433 to 8428, Port side from 8422 to 8254.

All other cabins on Deck 8 are undergoing updates currently.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here are the cabins on Deck 8 with updates completed : Starboard side - from 8401 to 8427, aft-facing cabins from 8433 to 8428, Port side from 8422 to 8254.

Here are the cabins on Deck 8 with updates completed : Starboard side - from 8401 aft to 8427, aft-facing cabins from 8433 to 8428, Port side from 8422 to 8254.

So is deck 7 and below done, deck 8 in process, and deck 9 and above not done?