Europe 2018 whats happend princess??

dub237

What happend to princess , They run out of money ?

I just checked price for européen Cruise for 2018 and i saw a 3 days Cruise the 6 th of october on the shappire at .... 1500 eu for inside cabine [emoji33][emoji33]

I wanted to Book the royal princess from le havre but its more than 2300 euro for 12 days for inside cabine

Very upset [emoji107][emoji107][emoji107][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's not a coincidence that the cruises became bookable the day after the Cyber Sale ended. So the prices you are seeing are not part of any sale. There are probably only 40 days of the year where Princess isn't having some sort of "sale" and we are now in that blackout period. They do this so that the anxious "must book on the day the cruises come out" crowd pays maximum fares. They sweep in as much revenue as they can from people who simply can't wait to book in hopes that many of them won't bother to re-fare. After the feeding frenzy subsides, there will be another sale, and you will see prices drop considerably.

Last year at this time I was disheartened about my dream of taking a Med cruise. Prices and selections were awful. Then, during the Cyber Sale, I was able to book a Med cruise for less than what I pay for a Caribbean cruise, and over $2,000 less than what I would have paid had I been an early booker last year. And got a location upgrade. And got gratuities included. And got OBC. When the sale ended, I looked at what the new, non-sale price was, and for the cabin next to mine, someone will have to pay $2,200 more than I paid 10 days ago. Of course, I expect that price to come down again. But right now, in non-sale mode, the cruise I booked is double what I just paid.

I agree - these 2018 European and Transatlantic cruise prices are outrageous!

The same I was thinking about 2017 when they've been released in Dec 2015.

But now, after the 2018 itineraries came out, most summer 2017 itineraries got cheaper.

With Celebrity it's the same, the 2018 itineraries have been released yesterday (Alaska, Europe), and they are also extremly expensive, but should get lower at a certain time.

So especially with Princess I experienced you need some patience and it's about time when the itineraries get cheaper...

For summer 2ß18 you should expect lower rates in late 2017 roughly...

It's not a coincidence that the cruises became bookable the day after the Cyber Sale ended. So the prices you are seeing are not part of any sale. There are probably only 40 days of the year where Princess isn't having some sort of "sale" and we are now in that blackout period. They do this so that the anxious "must book on the day the cruises come out" crowd pays maximum fares. They sweep in as much revenue as they can from people who simply can't wait to book in hopes that many of them won't bother to re-fare. After the feeding frenzy subsides, there will be another sale, and you will see prices drop considerably.

Last year at this time I was disheartened about my dream of taking a Med cruise. Prices and selections were awful. Then, during the Cyber Sale, I was able to book a Med cruise for less than what I pay for a Caribbean cruise, and over $2,000 less than what I would have paid had I been an early booker last year. And got a location upgrade. And got gratuities included. And got OBC. When the sale ended, I looked at what the new, non-sale price was, and for the cabin next to mine, someone will have to pay $2,200 more than I paid 10 days ago. Of course, I expect that price to come down again. But right now, in non-sale mode, the cruise I booked is double what I just paid.

Jimmy, thanks for answering this. I too had wondered why cruises were double the price I'd previously booked at. Now it makes sense.

What happend to princess , They run out of money ?

I just checked price for européen Cruise for 2018 and i saw a 3 days Cruise the 6 th of october on the shappire at .... 1500 eu for inside cabine [emoji33][emoji33]

I wanted to Book the royal princess from le havre but its more than 2300 euro for 12 days for inside cabine

Very upset [emoji107][emoji107][emoji107][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Just keep your bucket list cruises in your Princess personaliser's watch list and check prices regularly. There will be discounts as the sail date. Book when you see a price you are prepared to pay.

Just keep your bucket list cruises in your Princess personaliser's watch list and check prices regularly. There will be discounts as the sail date. Book when you see a price you are prepared to pay.

I Will wait Ncl and royal Cruises 2018 [emoji851]

This week I booked July 2017 Alaska cruise with the 3 for Sale - free tips, free upgrade, free OBC.

I checked the same cruise for 2018 which is $175 (which would be more as I am past passenger) more plus no extras.

Edited by phabric