Cruise removed from listings

GaryWT

I got the Nov. 14th date booked, and our OV cabin increased just a tiny bit - $119.50 total. My TA convinced them to transfer over the 3 for Free promo, but he did have to go to a supervisor. And I think he mentioned I had heard on Cruise Critic that this had been done for another guest, so maybe name dropping also helped! Good luck to you all!

First off sorry everyone is going through this mess. We were not booked for any of the cancelled cruises (thank God). However if we were, then tried to book the same cruise (different date of course) and it was more because they would not give us the same perks from our cancelled booking:eek::eek:. I would not want to be on the Princess end of the phone when my DW calls. She would be irate, and if they did not resolve the issue guaranteed she would never sail Princess again. Like an earlier post stated my DW will keep climbing the ladder in the chain of command until she gets what is owed to us. Not extra she would tell them "JUST MAKE IT RIGHT" if you want to keep us as customers, and not to mention my big mouth talking bad about Princess.

Dealing with Princess can be very frustrating indeed! You can get different answers on the same day depending with whom you talk. And you can never talk with the necessary department directly, you always have to channel conversations through the phone rep.

Anyway, here's what worked for us ~~ We were originally booked on the Nov. 4, 2017 cruise under the 3 for free promo and were offered an "opportunity" to re-book using the current pricing and promotions for the same itinerary beginning Oct. 25th. This meant we would lose our free gratuities, group OBC, and pay about $1,000 more for the exact same cabin. But they would give us $15.00 per person OBC for our trouble! Our TA explained that this was unacceptable to us and asked for a supervisor. After no success with the supervisor, she then asked for Customer Relations. We eventually were able to resolve it with our retaining the original booking price, OBC, and free gratuities. We did lose the group OBC and had to pay an extra $15.00 per person in port fees.

So my advice is to be persistent and polite as you move up the chain of command until you get a person who can resolve it satisfactorily for you. From our "chat" with Princess this morning, it sounds like the reps have received conflicting information on an hourly basis. It is indeed a poor reflection on Princess that they don't have an uniform policy in place to deal with this sort of distressing situation.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Congratulations to you and your TA for being persistent and getting Princess to do the right thing. There is no way that anyone should be harmed financially because of Princess' decision to cancel your cruise.

Just an FYI on the $15 OBC. It will show up where your FCCs appear in the Cruise Personalizer and automatically gets applied to your next cruise. Princess cancelled our cruise on the Sapphire in October and we have already used the $15 on the cruise we took in November. And regardless of whatever else you negotiate with Princess, this will be credited.

Julie

Edited by azbirdmom

I started a new post but guess I should have posted here.

Got a call tonight from someone that said she was in management. Said we should all be told that all offers will be honored. Booked the Jan 3 2018 cruise for the same 3 for deal with tips, credit and $1 deposit.

Got a call tonight from someone that said she was in management. Said we should all be told that all offers will be honored. Booked the Jan 3 2018 cruise for the same 3 for deal with tips, credit and $1 deposit.

Good news! Hopefully that will end any drama others might experience during the rebooking process.

This could all be because Grand had to cut short the Cruise in Hawaii due to a platform letting go and dragging in the water. Now on its way directly to drydock in Portland Or instead of Ensenada. Princess is probably scrambling to get schedules redone.

Why not? If they booked Grand early they may have to change everyones Drydock schedule. Princess isn't the only one booked in drydocks and they have a tight schedule. Airlines do the same thing everyday. BTW/ LA to Honolulu is the same port on ea end. They had to turn back to HNL.

Edited by WupperAV

The Grand ported out of San Francisco, and the Star out of LA, that's why I said 2 different ports. Your points are valid, but I would think that the dry dock schedule would have a teeny amount of wiggle room that it wouldn't ripple almost a full year. But again, I'm only guessing.

I rebooked for Nov 14 but had to pay the "holiday" rate which increased my fare by $290. Agent said to email customer relations and am waiting for a reply. Got to keep my "sip and sail" promotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

GAry, I was booked on Nov 19, 2017 sailing to Hawaii. When they cancelled that one they offered me a Nov 14 sailing on the same ship, same itin and they transferred my Sip n Sail promo as well. Did you ask them to transfer your promo?

$15 on board offered if we book something else.

Currently looking at Carnival but not sure. The cruise I had booked was a $2 deposit, paid tips and on board credits and now I will not get that.

Press them on transferring your promo. I did and they transferred my Sip n Sail from the cancelled 11-19-17 itin to the 11-14-17 itin.

I checked the Dec 19, 2017 cruise they said would be available today. Found same room available. Well they give you $300 OBC per person, but the cruise total went up by $610 and insurance increased in cost by $68. Even with the $15 OBC we are still not even and we lost the sip and sail. I will give Princess a call today and see if I am successful in retaining my original booking amount. Otherwise, will check HAL or Carnival.

Still not happy!!

Why not? If they booked Grand early they may have to change everyones Drydock schedule. Princess isn't the only one booked in drydocks and they have a tight schedule. Airlines do the same thing everyday. BTW/ LA to Honolulu is the same port on ea end. They had to turn back to HNL.

What?

I don't think the 2 instances are connected. These are 2 different ships and 2 different ports. I think it's more likely due to the dry dock the Star will be undergoing. But I'm just guessing - I don't know for sure.
I agree. The Star itinerary changes were probably planned well before the recent Grand incident. It takes quite a lot of time to plan the changes and get them programmed into the system. All the port changes for all of the changed sailings would have to be requested and approved by the ports. Not something done in a week. :) Edited by Pam in CA

Congratulations to you and your TA for being persistent and getting Princess to do the right thing. There is no way that anyone should be harmed financially because of Princess' decision to cancel your cruise.

Just an FYI on the $15 OBC. It will show up where your FCCs appear in the Cruise Personalizer and automatically gets applied to your next cruise. Princess cancelled our cruise on the Sapphire in October and we have already used the $15 on the cruise we took in November. And regardless of whatever else you negotiate with Princess, this will be credited.

Julie

Thanks for the info! It was included on our revised booking.

I got the Nov. 14th date booked, and our OV cabin increased just a tiny bit - $119.50 total. My TA convinced them to transfer over the 3 for Free promo, but he did have to go to a supervisor. And I think he mentioned I had heard on Cruise Critic that this had been done for another guest, so maybe name dropping also helped! Good luck to you all!

So glad you were able to work out a change that met your requirements! I also had mentioned that others had reported on Cruise Critic that they were able to retain their original booking promo. I shared our story hoping others could benefit by it. There is strength in numbers!

First off sorry everyone is going through this mess. We were not booked for any of the cancelled cruises (thank God). However if we were, then tried to book the same cruise (different date of course) and it was more because they would not give us the same perks from our cancelled booking:eek::eek:. I would not want to be on the Princess end of the phone when my DW calls. She would be irate, and if they did not resolve the issue guaranteed she would never sail Princess again. Like an earlier post stated my DW will keep climbing the ladder in the chain of command until she gets what is owed to us. Not extra she would tell them "JUST MAKE IT RIGHT" if you want to keep us as customers, and not to mention my big mouth talking bad about Princess.

Your wife and I sound like kindred spirits! We, too, just wanted Princess to do the right thing. We have been on only one Princess cruise so far, and if this hadn't been resolved, I doubt we would book another.

GAry, I was booked on Nov 19, 2017 sailing to Hawaii. When they cancelled that one they offered me a Nov 14 sailing on the same ship, same itin and they transferred my Sip n Sail promo as well. Did you ask them to transfer your promo?

It took a couple days but they came through with our original deal on the Jan 3 2018 cruise.