Stressing about Sanchos!

norwane

Hi -

So, we have made reservations for 4 ladies to go to Mr. Sanchos in January. It looks like there will be 6 ships in port that day. Now, I am questioning if we should have reserved Nachi instead. :eek:

Here is what I am freaking out about:

- Party/spring break and lots of crowds at Sanchos?? I think we are okay with the fun atmosphere, but college kids puking everywhere, isn't my idea of a good time.

- are there Umbrellas by the lounge chairs at Sanchos? With my skin, I make ghosts look tan, so while I want to get some time in the sun, I also don't want to be mistaken for a lobster by noon! :rolleyes:

- How busy is busy at Sanchos?

I'm liking the idea of the all you can eat at Sanchos (especially the coconut shrimp!) I'm pretty sure my eyes are bigger than my stomach :rolleyes:but do you get enough to eat at Nachi and is the food good?

I had read in a review (thanks Mitsygirl! :)) that the sand was hard to walk in at Nachi. One of my friends has a hard time walking, due to a bad knee. Is that still the case at Nachi?

I think we will want to go parasailing. Can/should we reserve that ahead of time or can we do that once we get there?

Sorry for the long post and all of the questions but, if someone can pull me off the (1:30 a.m. :o!) ledge here, that would be great!

You stated that you are going in January. That definitely isn't Spring break. I don't know how early in the month you are going, but most college students will be back in class from winter break by the 9th. I haven't been to Mr Sanchos yet. We are going this month, and bringing our college aged kids. I share your concern about the crowds so hopefully someone who has been can tell us how it is with that many ships in port. There will be 8 ships in port the day we go, but i booked it anyway due to great reviews and I think our kids will love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Hi -

So, we have made reservations for 4 ladies to go to Mr. Sanchos in January. It looks like there will be 6 ships in port that day. Now, I am questioning if we should have reserved Nachi instead. :eek:

- Party/spring break and lots of crowds at Sanchos?? I think we are okay with the fun atmosphere, but college kids puking everywhere, isn't my idea of a good time. Spring break will not occur in January - doubt you will have any college kids or even many kids of any age

- are there Umbrellas by the lounge chairs at Sanchos? With my skin, I make ghosts look tan, so while I want to get some time in the sun, I also don't want to be mistaken for a lobster by noon! :rolleyes: Most of the umbrellas are by the tables - pull your lounge chair up there or tip your waiter and ask for an umbrella

- How busy is busy at Sanchos? With 6 ships in port it will be busy

I'm liking the idea of the all you can eat at Sanchos (especially the coconut shrimp!) I'm pretty sure my eyes are bigger than my stomach :rolleyes:but do you get enough to eat at Nachi and is the food good? You do not get all you can eat at Nachi, but the portions are HUGE and I've never made it to dessert -- very good food options there

I had read in a review (thanks Mitsygirl! :)) that the sand was hard to walk in at Nachi. One of my friends has a hard time walking, due to a bad knee. Is that still the case at Nachi? Some have complained that the sand is "too soft?" - I have an ailing hip and have not had an issue there.

I think we will want to go parasailing. Can/should we reserve that ahead of time or can we do that once we get there?

Sorry for the long post and all of the questions but, if someone can pull me off the (1:30 a.m. :o!) ledge here, that would be great!

Not sure if you can reserve parasailing in advance at Mr. Sanchos?

If you are worried about crowds and a party atmosphere I would change your reservations to Nachi - assuming they still have space. Have a good cruise! :)

Thanks everyone for your input and advice. I came to the realization that I am stressing out way to much for a vacation, so now I am just going to relax about everything and enjoy the ride. I'm sure that Sanchos will be great. It certainly can't be worse than going to work! ;)

Don't stress about it, it's vacation. :D

We cruise EVERY Spring Break (well...because I have a little one still and that's when we need to go) and have honestly never witnessed people (either on the ship or at the ports) getting out of hand and puking. I think the whole "spring break" thing is over-hyped. Or...maybe I have just gotten lucky all these years.

There's plenty of room to spread out at Mr Sanchos. Just head down toward the far end. Most people who are only at a place to drink (get drunk) are usually hanging out close to the bar area.

Go and have a blast! :)

Hi -

- Party/spring break and lots of crowds at Sanchos?? I think we are okay with the fun atmosphere, but college kids puking everywhere, isn't my idea of a good time.

- are there Umbrellas by the lounge chairs at Sanchos? With my skin, I make ghosts look tan, so while I want to get some time in the sun, I also don't want to be mistaken for a lobster by noon! :rolleyes:

- How busy is busy at Sanchos?

I'm liking the idea of the all you can eat at Sanchos (especially the coconut shrimp!) I'm pretty sure my eyes are bigger than my stomach :rolleyes:but do you get enough to eat at Nachi and is the food good?

I had read in a review (thanks Mitsygirl! :)) that the sand was hard to walk in at Nachi. One of my friends has a hard time walking, due to a bad knee. Is that still the case at Nachi?

I have been to both of these resorts now within the last year. Honestly, they couldn't be any different. I did go to Mr.Sanchos during Spring Break March 13th. It was very very packed. Pools standing room only. I saw now one barf. The service at Mr. Sanchos was much much better then Nachi. Our waiter found us no matter where we went. But the place itself was loud and to use the inflatables cost extra.

Nachi was empty quiet peaceful and beautiful. Service not as good as Mr.Sanchos. It's really just a beautiful beach with quite soft sand. The reefs just in the water offered great snorkeling. I know they say you get 4 courses at Nachi but we ate more and were never billed. I have to say I really enjoyed Nachi more. But I also prefer a quiet beach day. Overall I enjoyed both. I do believe I would have enjoyed Mr.Sanchos more if it wasn't packed. Both places the drinks and food were quite good and they are both on the same road. I think the difference in Taxi prices were $1 more for Nachi which is like 2 min longer drive.

We were at Nachi a couple of years ago in May and really enjoyed it. We have made reservations for it again for our next cruise.

The food was fantastic and plentiful. The drinks were great and we had no problems with service. I also don't recall the sand being any more difficult to walk in compared to any other beach. Fortunately there were just a few people there that day so it was almost like having a resort to ourselves. I think there were only two ships in port.

In comparison Mr. Sanchos is right next door and had much more of a party atmosphere. If you are looking for quiet and serene - Nachi. If you are looking for upbeat - Sanchos appears to be the place to be.

Another vote for Nachi.

Upon arrival....we checked in and led down to our palapa. Within seconds Jorge arrived for drink orders. When he returned, and tipped him a ten-dollar bill as said "gracias Senor." Jorge stopped every ten minutes to ask if we were okay. He even came down with menus....told us he'd bring our food to the palapa or we could walk up to the tiki bar.

I had told the young lady earlier at check-in we wanted to return to the ship at 4pm. At 3:30....Jorge tells me...".I will come get you when your taxi arrives at 4pm."

Sure enough....taxi arrives at 4pm. I hand Jorge another $10 on the way out. He was so appreciative.

Re: the beach

There was a natural sand drop off of about a foot at the waters edge. It was no biggie but you have to watch for it or you'll stumble.

I could see Sanchos about a half-mile down the beach from us. I saw lots of beach toys, slides, kayaks, floats, etc. looked to be more suited to the younger crowd as opposed to someone that just wants to chill.

Edited by alabamadrifter

• 1 month later...

We went a few years ago, and really enjoyed it..some in our party in their 50's and some in their teens, so wide mix..the service was very good, and the food delish! Loved the Cerviche (spelling?) and loved the Mango Margaritas ! Go and enjoy!

I've been to Nachi Cocum twice, it is very private, relaxed, no excitement. The drinks flowed well though, and the sand was awesome!

I'll be trying Mr Sanchos for the first time on Feb 16. I'm looking for more excitement this time.