Cucina del Capitano

JaniceB

DH wants to try while we are on the Magic in a week, Italian not my favorite and I really hate the thought of spending the money for Italian (IMO some of the cheapest food you can make :rolleyes:). This thread is great for my argument NOT to make reservations to go, I will show him the reviews are so-so and hopefully he will just forget it (or just do the free lunch choice). Too many other choices I think especially when it appears not a great choice overall. Thanks all for pleading my case!!!

Edited by Drazil65

DH wants to try while we are on the Magic in a week, Italian not my favorite and I really hate the thought of spending the money for Italian (IMO some of the cheapest food you can make :rolleyes:). This thread is great for my argument NOT to make reservations to go, I will show him the reviews are so-so and hopefully he will just forget it (or just do the free lunch choice). Too many other choices I think especially when it appears not a great choice overall. Thanks all for pleading my case!!!

I found the lasagna on the Breeze at lunch to be very good. Best ever? Of course not. Best ever on a low budget cruise ship? Probably. Good enough that I went back second time a few days later BY MYSELF!

But if you don't want to go, just let you husband go by himself. No rule says you have to eat every meal together.

Edited by Badfinger

We LOVED it!!!!!:D:D

We had a party of 8 and they brought out EVERY SINGLE APPETIZER on their menu, to be shared family style. It was delicious!!!

I am a simple girl, DEFINITELY not a foodie, but I loved Nonna's meatballs with the linguine. DH had the chicken parm and raved about it. Everything at our table was a hit, and for $15.00pp, it was WELL worth it!

Try it! You won't be disappointed, unless you live in NY:rolleyes:

Enjoy!!:D

Best entrée in the Cucina del Capitano restaurant for dinner?

I loved the Short Ribs on Magic at Cucina - it was very tender. We preferred going there to going to the Steakhouse. Hubby usually got the steak. We ate there 2-3 times during each of our cruises on Magic out of Galveston.

In reference to people not enjoying the food - I ate at the Steakhouse on the Dream for the first time a few years ago and it was not good - my French Onion soup was burnt, and was really bad - the steak I was served had a large strip of grizzle (the cheesecake was really good though). I just put it down to an off night rather than saying that the Steakhouses on all ships (or even the one on the Dream) were not worth the money. Of course there is also the fact that people have different opinions on what is good.

I loved the steak in Cucino, but my sister didn't really care for the chicken parm (I make it better to her taste). But, I'm going to get my sister back there on this next cruise on the Sunshine because I'm sure she'll find something else that she likes.

$15.00 is less than the cost of 2 drinks - so, I say go and decide for yourself.

We ate at Cucina del Capitano on our Halloween cruise on the Sunshine. We were suite guests and when we got to our room the day we boarded, we had a certificate for a free dinner there or JiJi Asian Kitchen. Since I don't care for Asian food, we went to Cucina instead. We really enjoyed our meal there. I had Nonna's meatballs to start, I don't remember what my husband had. For my main dish, I had the steak with rosemary potatoes, and it was delicious. My husband had the chicken Parmesan, which he enjoyed, I don't remember what his side was. Again, for dessert, I don't remember his side, but I had lemon sorbet, and it was also very good.

For some reason, the italian restaurant on the Magic was not very good. I've enjoyed the chicken parm and the arrancini on both the Sunshine and the Breeze...as a matter of fact, I thought it was excellent. I ordered same exact things on Magic a few weeks ago, and it was not the same. It looks like possibly a different food vendor or just prepared differently??? Even the bread with the lemon butter (that comes out on the board) was different and not as good. I was so disappointed.