Unlimited wifi question

DrRx

We have an unlimited wifi plan on our upcoming cruise. Is it like wifi in a hotel where you have a set number of devices per plan? Is there a limit to the number of devices that we can log on with? For instance, can I log on with my phone and ipad and DH with his phone and his ipad.

Do you need to re-connect when you move from say room to public areas? Or do you just log in once and stay connected.

Just curious.

You can only have one device at a time, so for instance when I finished surfing I would log off and my partner would log on. You get given a code/password to use. I don't think there is a limit to how many devices you use it on but only one device at a time. We used it on a mobile phone each (two phones) plus a laptop.

It automatically logs you off if there is no activity for a while I think - plus one user can bump the other one off (so suddenly my connection would disappear and it would be because my partner had bumped me off to check his online stuff).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by claudiniusmaximus

If you have the 1-device plan, only one device at a time can be logged on. If you attempt to log on and another device is logged on, you will get a message to the affect: "Another device is already logged on. Do you want to log on this device?" It will then log on your device and log off the other. It will stay logged on until you physically log off.

Sometimes on the ship, depending where you are located, you will lose the signal and have to re-log on.

If you received it as a promotion like go Big, Better or Best you will each receive an unlimited account. As others said each of you can only have one device connected, however with two accounts both your spouse and yourself could be connected at the same time.

If you received it as a promotion like go Big, Better or Best you will each receive an unlimited account. As others said each of you can only have one device connected, however with two accounts both your spouse and yourself could be connected at the same time.

Yes, we have the GO BEST promotion. Normally, we wouldn't chose the unlimited wifi as our choice, but the GO BEST made the most sense for us on this cruise and I'm sure we will use the wifi since we have it.

Thanks for the info!

And Jim, I loved reading your TA review. The story of the docs fiasco was a nail-biting read. Glad it all worked out. Doing a TA is on my must-do list. Hopefully one day soon.