Labadee port changed to Key West 2/25/17 Reflection

jerseyblue

A Future Cruises agent on Silhouette told us that Celebrity ships would no longer be including Labadee as a port of call. We are so disappointed because we really enjoy Labadee, but the agent told us that so many passengers had expressed the view on Customer Surveys that they were not interested in Labadee and preferred other ports of call.

Actually I hope what we were told is incorrect, but you never know for sure.

A Future Cruises agent on Silhouette told us that Celebrity ships would no longer be including Labadee as a port of call. We are so disappointed because we really enjoy Labadee, but the agent told us that so many passengers had expressed the view on Customer Surveys that they were not interested in Labadee and preferred other ports of call.

Actually I hope what we were told is incorrect, but you never know for sure.

We were told the same thing at Future Cruises while on Reflection - no more Labadee for Celebrity cruises. We were trying to find one to go there winter 2017/2018. Settled on the Ultimate Caribbean, so we still left very happy with our choice. The overnight in Aruba was what sealed the deal for us.

Now I have an excuse to sail RC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bummer if you were wanting a private beach day! I would like to go to Key West on a cruise, but it is a short day per my understanding. They don't want the ships to block the sunset I have heard. Not sure if that is true.

We have missed many ports and had them changed, both events being disappointments, but I think cruise lines don't just cancel stuff lightly as they know it causes disappointment and will create complaints for the staff to hear and react to.

Have a great cruise anyway.

I would take Key West over Coco Cay as it seems that waves tend to prevent tendering there. We end up at Paradise Island.

We have missed Coco Cay probably 4 times over the years due to issues with tendering. Made it last time and it was a fun day.

If you were expecting a private beach day, not sure Key West fits the bill. How far was Paradise Island from the Key West dock?

For the record, I have been to Key West only once for 3 days and would like to go back someday. Have looked at short cruises going there, just have not been able to schedule one.

• 2 weeks later...

I made final payment on December 6 via telephone with a Celebrity agent. She verbally detailed the ports of call and my email confirmation showing the Labadee port.

Guess you should consider yourself lucky that they didn't cancel your reservation since final payment was due on November 27th. Unless you didn't book until December.