Labadee port changed to Key West 2/25/17 Reflection

jerseyblue

Just received notification that the Labadee port on our Reflection cruise departing 2/25/17 has been cancelled and changed to Key West. A post in our roll call thread indicated it was due to port congestion. The RC Harmony of the Seas ship is at the Labadee port 2/27/17, the same day we were scheduled to be there.

Does this happen frequently for the Labadee port if two ships are scheduled for the same day?

I think Harmony is 6000 passengers...

We are on the Silhouette docked in Key West as I post this. Today was the first visit to Key West by an S class ship and had to arrive and leave during daylight hours. We are docked right down town along with the Insigna, makes for a nice crowd - enjoy this port.

Hal

I Love Key West for sure but was hoping to try the zip line over the water in Labadee.

Bucket list kinda thing.

Wish I would have known a little more in advance of final payment I just made a few days ago.

I don't understand how they would not know this in advance? That's all. Just trying to understand.

I know there have been multiple ships docked the same day in the past, but they have been much smaller ships.

From what I can see there are no stops there at all for the Caribbean 2017-2018 season. Is Celebrity having to step aside to make way for RCL's big girls?

Key West can be fun though. I'm sure you will be able to find alternative plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know there have been multiple ships docked the same day in the past, but they have been much smaller ships.

From what I can see there are no stops there at all for the Caribbean 2017-2018 season. Is Celebrity having to step aside to make way for RCL's big girls?

Key West can be fun though. I'm sure you will be able to find alternative plans.

Wait, does this mean we won't be there on Equinox January 4, 2017?

Just received notification that the Labadee port on our Reflection cruise departing 2/25/17 has been cancelled and changed to Key West. A post in our roll call thread indicated it was due to port congestion. The RC Harmony of the Seas ship is at the Labadee port 2/27/17, the same day we were scheduled to be there.

Does this happen frequently for the Labadee port if two ships are scheduled for the same day?

The only "bad" thing about porting in Key West is that you will miss the night-life. Key West at night is one awesome, unique venture. But, you will enjoy your daytime stay in KW. We've spent several vacations in Key West and plan going back next November. If you ever decide to spend a week in KW, check out Southernmost on the Beach. Enjoy your cruise and stay!;)

Wait, does this mean we won't be there on Equinox January 4, 2017?

It doesn't look like there are any other ships in Labadee that day, so there should not be any reason for a change.

And please join our roll call.

We are on the same cruise and have not received any notification. The X web site still has it going to Labadee

I Love Key West for sure but was hoping to try the zip line over the water in Labadee.

Bucket list kinda thing.

Wish I would have known a little more in advance of final payment I just made a few days ago.

The

I don't understand how they would not know this in advance? That's all. Just trying to understand.

You are not missing much, for one thing it is very short. We have done zip lines in many locations and we had safety concerns. The straps and harnesses we have seen in other locations were not there.

Edited by dkjretired

I had picked this particular cruise because it was not scheduled to go to Key West. So I am now not happy at all. But too late, as final payment has been made. I assume Celebrity must have known something before final payment date. Not impressed.

We would much rather spend a day on the beach in Labadee rather than a day in Key West. Hoping our March 11 itinerary remains the same!

I contacted Celebrity direct yesterday in the hope to change to the March 11 cruise since that still has the Labadee stop scheduled per the agent. Cost to change would have been $600.00 more for what we have on the February 25th cruise. So not worth it, plus the need to change work commitments and flights. It's too late.

We will enjoy our day in Key West without a doubt. We love it there but just disappointed and all I got was "were sorry" due to port congestion we had to change the itinerary. That's all..... Two shore excursions for Labadee that we had already booked in advance and paid for are being refunded.

On November 20th I posted to the cruise critic roll call that I looked at the Labadee port schedule and saw the Harmony of the Seas ship (possibly 6000 passengers) was going to be in port the same day as us. I was wondering what the capacity for that port was but just figured that it was probably okay. I made final payment on December 6 via telephone with a Celebrity agent. She verbally detailed the ports of call and my email confirmation showing the Labadee port.

My only notification of the port change came via an email for the cancelled shore excursions on December 12 ( date final payment was due). On the cruise critic roll call it looks like people were getting notified December 9. It just feels like it was not handled very well by Celebrity and I felt misled.

So I would say if your expecting your Celebrity cruise to stop in Labadee check to see what ships will be in port that same day with yours and check back with them for any port changes of Labadee.

As a previous poster noted there appears to be no Labadee stops for Celebrity in 2018.

CruiseTT still shows that sailing doing Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth then Labadee. At some point the itinerary was swapped and put in reverse order which overlapped with Harmony in Haiti. We're on 2/11 and still doing the original routing. From an overall net passenger impact perspective I could see why the smaller ship was the one that was bumped.

It's frustrating for some but unfortunately there isn't much you can do at this point.

We just got off the Reflection last week and did this same Western Caribbean itinerary. We stopped in Labadee. It's pretty, but it's a beach day. I would've rather gone to Key West personally. Also we heard from staff and passengers on the ship that RCI used to dock two ships in Labadee but there were never enough chairs and space for all the passengers and it was apparently chaotic so they only do one ship at a time now. I hope u end up pleasantly surprised with ur stop in Key West.

Sent from my iPad using Forums