Trip Insurance & the Pre-Existing Clause

MaxeyMom

The Geoblue, the Trekker policy looks good up to about an 83 year old. Then it looks like the price goes down to half that but so does medical coverage and that ends at 85. Does anyone over that age have a good travel insurance policy with good medical coverage? We are not quite there yet but it is getting close and we think we would like to continue traveling.

The Geoblue, the Trekker policy looks good up to about an 83 year old. Then it looks like the price goes down to half that but so does medical coverage and that ends at 85. Does anyone over that age have a good travel insurance policy with good medical coverage? We are not quite there yet but it is getting close and we think we would like to continue traveling.

The Geoblue trekker covers to age 85. I don't know of any annual medical travel policies that cover post 85 ( I asked) but you can still buy individual policies. Some cover pre existing if you purchase within 21 days of first payment. Maybe somebody else here knows of an annual policy that covers over age 85? We are getting close to he 85 also and looked to see what's available after that age. Hopefully we will still be healthy and able to cruise.

If you check Squaremouth, you can do a faux application for a policy and see what you come up with but I found a couple that looked OK..

Just to add my two cents to this discussion. We always book thru USAA - Travel Insured. Have 30 days to purchase after deposit on specific cruise for pre-existing coverage. You just purchase for the deposit amount and then when you make final payment you call them to increase the amount to your total cost and they charge the additional amount due at that time. They have various options available. Basic, if I recall does not include pre-existing, but there are several levels offered above that which do include pre-existing, highest offered does include cancel for any reason as I recall, although we have never gone that route. We generally get the one in the middle which includes pre-existing, but not cancel for any reason. Anyway, coverage limits are very good and way better than HAL's and cost has always been substantially less than HAL's. So anyone in USAA should check this option out. Am sure Travel Insured offers non USAA policies also, but they may cost more and have different pre-existing requirements, just don't know. Have never had to actually use the coverage, but have always found USAA stands behind their products and have no concerns we would receive excellent service if we did have the unfortunate occasion to have to use it. Maybe someone else out there on CC has first hand knowledge about this. There is a 24 hour emergency number provided with the coverage.

Jane

And, somehow, I can see some insurance defense counsel demanding just that: "And, when Mrs. Cruiser, did you actually start thinking about this cruise and saving for it!"

I couldn't follow your comments either. I found no attack; just requests for clarification of your vague statements.

I am interested in this topic since I now have what would be defined as a pre existing condition since our last cruise. I have FCC to use if my medical team ever say I can cruise again.