Independence Shows

djkk

I assume that "Invitation to Dance" was in addition to the "Grease " show?

We just got off Indie and the other show was "Once Upon A Time". It was a very nice musical revue. I didn't see anything called Invitation to Dance - maybe they just changed over.

The Ice show was called Strings, it was packed so we didn't see it.

The headliner show featured a former member of Foreigner and was quite good.

Grease was excellent.

We just got off Indie and the other show was "Once Upon A Time". It was a very nice musical revue. I didn't see anything called Invitation to Dance - maybe they just changed over.

Grease was excellent.

When Indy was doing 8 night cruises "Once Upon a Time" and "Invitation to Dance" would play on the same cruise. Now with shorter cruises they might alternate which very stale show they put on.

Grease was excellent.

We were on there too :)

Strings was very good, very well done. And I agree, Grease was excellent, and my wife is very particular about anything unrelated to the original. Entertainment I thought overall was very good and getting around ended up also being much easier than we thought. Although Studio B was tough, you can only access it I think by going to one end and going down to Deck 3...that was a little tricky. But otherwise, it was really easy.

We were on there too :)

Strings was very good, very well done. And I agree, Grease was excellent, and my wife is very particular about anything unrelated to the original. Entertainment I thought overall was very good and getting around ended up also being much easier than we thought. Although Studio B was tough, you can only access it I think by going to one end and going down to Deck 3...that was a little tricky. But otherwise, it was really easy.

One of the quirks of Independence is you can't go from front to back on deck 3 because of the skating rink (Studio B) in the middle. So if you were in the forward theater, you have to go up one level, go aft then down to get to the Romeo and Julient dining room (the studio B entrance was also on the aft side).

Otherwise, the only other thing were the slowly rotating doors you had to go thru to get into windjammer.

• 2 weeks later...
Have you forgotten that Indy had clotted cream biscuits before either of the other Freedom class ships?;)

Hi Bob, I've only done about 6 cruises, and 5 of them were over 8 yrs ago. Forgive this naive question, but what is "slotted cream biscuits"? Made me smile reading your post. I'm learning so much thru CC forums, and appreciate your consistent 'helps' I see as scouring different topics. Lauren. PS I'm going solo in April (1st time), and 1st time on Indy.

Hi Bob, I've only done about 6 cruises, and 5 of them were over 8 yrs ago. Forgive this naive question, but what is "slotted cream biscuits"? Made me smile reading your post. I'm learning so much thru CC forums, and appreciate your consistent 'helps' I see as scouring different topics. Lauren. PS I'm going solo in April (1st time), and 1st time on Indy.

Clotted cream biscuits are an English food item.

I'm not sure if this is what you mean but there are two different (but very similar) clotted cream teas: The Devon Cream Tea and the Cornish Cream Tea. Both have a scone with Cream and jam but the order of the ingredients differ.

In a Devon tea it is cream on the scone then jam; in Cornwall, jam first followed by the cream.

Edited by wendychloecruiser

I'm not sure if this is what you mean but there are two different (but very similar) clotted cream teas: The Devon Cream Tea and the Cornish Cream Tea. Both have a scone with Cream and jam but the order of the ingredients differ.

In a Devon tea it is cream on the scone then jam; in Cornwall, jam first followed by the cream.

I remember it was in a tin, not exactly like the link below shows, but similar:

https://www.fortnumandmason.com/products/new-pistachio-and-clotted-cream-biscuits-250g-tin

If Ocean Boy comes online, I'm pretty sure he would remember the item better than I do.

Whoa, Wendy knows far more about those blood clot cookies than I ever could have imagined there was to know.:eek:

Yes, they came in a tin like pictured but with RCI Logo on the outside of a blue and white canister. I can't forget it. I think it traumatized me.