Independence Shows

djkk

No pre-cruise show reservations on Indy.

Correct. We were onboard for the Nov 28 sailing, got there 15 minutes before show time and found decent seats. The show itself was OK. Could have been 15 minutes shorter.....:D

Greg London was the headliner (one time only for that cruise I believe). He was AWESOME:)

Correct. We were onboard for the Nov 28 sailing, got there 15 minutes before show time and found decent seats. The show itself was OK. Could have been 15 minutes shorter.....:D

Greg London was the headliner (one time only for that cruise I believe). He was AWESOME:)

Compared to "Invitation to Dance", which had been on the ship forever, this show must be spectacular.

We really loved Grease. Planning to go back tonight. No reservations needed. If you want to sit in the lower section, I would recommend getting there at least 15 min before the show starts. The entertainment starts about 10 min before the show starts.

Ice show STRINGS was also amazing!!

We really loved Grease. Planning to go back tonight. No reservations needed. If you want to sit in the lower section, I would recommend getting there at least 15 min before the show starts. The entertainment starts about 10 min before the show starts.

Ice show STRINGS was also amazing!!

They are still doing "Strings"? It has been on this ship forever.

Edited by Ocean Boy

They are still doing "Strings"? It has been on this ship forever.

Yeah, I think they still rotate between Strings and Freeze Frame. Last year when we sailed on her it was Freeze Frame. Which we skipped because they were still doing it by muster stations and our time was some ridiculously inconvenient time.

Sometimes it seems like Indy is the neglected sister in the Freedom class. Freedom and Liberty always seem to get upgrades and entertainment enhancements first. Even Freestyle coke machines are late coming to Indy.

Have you forgotten that Indy had clotted cream biscuits before either of the other Freedom class ships?;)

Have you forgotten that Indy had clotted cream biscuits before either of the other Freedom class ships?;)

Totally slipped my mind. It is for that treat alone that I have had more sailings on Indy than either of the other two sisters.:eek::eek::eek::p

Just updating from my previous post. While we were on our cruise this past week, 5 day (Mon-Sat) Grease was on Thursday 6:00 and 9:15 and again on Friday at 8:00.

We did not go to the Thursday at 6:00 so I cannot tell you how the crowds were. But the 9:15 was packed. If you wanted to sit on the lower level, you needed to be there at least 15 min before the show. The balcony was almost full at showtime, maybe a few seats on the far sides.

We went back at 8:00 on Friday and there were PLENTY of seats. It seemed very empty. I assume that it was so empty because it is right in between the two dinner seatings. Or it could have been a lighter crowd because it was the last night of the cruise and people decided to do other things or just pack.

We really enjoyed Grease. Some language and subject matter might not be ok for certain ages.

Just updating from my previous post. While we were on our cruise this past week, 5 day (Mon-Sat) Grease was on Thursday 6:00 and 9:15 and again on Friday at 8:00.

We did not go to the Thursday at 6:00 so I cannot tell you how the crowds were. But the 9:15 was packed. If you wanted to sit on the lower level, you needed to be there at least 15 min before the show. The balcony was almost full at showtime, maybe a few seats on the far sides.

We went back at 8:00 on Friday and there were PLENTY of seats. It seemed very empty. I assume that it was so empty because it is right in between the two dinner seatings. Or it could have been a lighter crowd because it was the last night of the cruise and people decided to do other things or just pack.

We really enjoyed Grease. Some language and subject matter might not be ok for certain ages.

Thanks for the info. Of course we have 7:30 reservations for Chops on Friday night. So we'll have to go on Thursday night.

We were at that 6:00 Thursday show. I was surprised - the theater was probably about 60% full. Took plenty of abuse from my wife after I had told her we needed to be there 30 minutes before the show to get a seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They still had "Invitation to Dance" when we were onboard a couple weeks ago. It was the second night show, IIRC.

What other shows do they have now...most seem like they have been running since launch.

Is the one with the band on the stage; which was very good; still done?