[LIVE REVIEW] Harmony of the Seas 12/17 - 12/24: First Time on RCCL ships

romesauce

We had dinner at wonderland last night and it was a delight! Our server picked our appetizers and desserts for us after letting her know our preferences. Now.. We have been to Q-sine on celebrity which is a similar concept but less formal. We did think Q-sine was better than wonderland. Food and service wise. However, the food was good at wonderland as well as the service. But, as we noticed with cruise line food, a bit bland for our taste. We're Indian so we like our spice! Nothing to complain about though. No survey speech this time.

Second day on the ship was fun. We had breakfast and lunch at Windjammer. Again, busy but no major lines and found a table right away. Lots of variety and I'm not sure why people are complaining about the lack of Indian food (which I've read in reviews). We saw two Indian dishes at lunch the last two days at Windjammer. Indian food isn't all curry. Yesterday there was an Indian okra dish (called pindhi in Punjabi). Anyways I'm just rambling now. It's been fun so far! Now off to walk around labadee!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I loved Q-sine on Celebrity Reflection, but overall Wonderland and Q-sine are VERY different restaurants.

I loved Q-sine on Celebrity Reflection, but overall Wonderland and Q-sine are VERY different restaurants.

I felt both are similar in concept when it comes to experimenting with food with wonderland being more refined. Q-sine is more quirky. Food at wonderland is delicious, don't get me wrong, but for us q-sine had a slight edge on which we think is better overall in the specialty restaurants we tried throughout our cruising. I was comparing all specialty restaurants we've been to throughout our three cruises.

Edited by romesauce

I felt both are similar in concept when it comes to experimenting with food with wonderland being more refined. Q-sine is more quirky. Food at wonderland is delicious, don't get me wrong, but for us q-sine had a slight edge on which we think is better overall in the specialty restaurants we tried throughout our cruising. I was comparing all specialty restaurants we've been to throughout our three cruises.

Thats exactly how I could explain it. While they both push the bounds of modern cuisine (almost typed qsine), Wonderland goes towards to refined, upscale dishes while Q-sine goes playful. IMO Wonderland's Appetizers are the best of both restaurants followed closely by the desserts at Q-sine. If I had to rank small dishes/apps...

1. Liquid Lobster (Wonderland)

2. Crispy Crab Cones (Wonderland)

3. Treseviche (Q-sine)

4. Buffalo Chicken Eggs (Wonderland)

5. Lobster Escargot (Q-sine)

On our Quantum cruise we must have had 5 or 6 of those spoonfuls of deliciousness (Liquid Lobster).

Sorry I haven't updated much! We've had a great few days so far. Honestly, we have just been relaxing and eating. We went to main dining yesterday for dinner (grande) as I scheduled my time dining for 630. I had a salmon appetizer which was delicious and the rack of lamb which wasn't that great. I was not able to eat all of it. For dessert I had the cheesecake which I enjoyed.

There are tons of activities to do throughout the ship. I did two rounds of trivia yesterday with two couples that I met then. I was by myself as the husband wanted to nap and asked if I could join their team. I had a lot of fun! We saw the fine line last night as well. If you see one show on the ship, it has to be the fine line. It was amazing! Out of the three cruises I've been on now, this was the best show I've seen.

We'll be going to the Windjammer for dinner tonight since we haven't done dinner there yet. Otherwise, nothing else planned!

It honestly doesn't feel like there are 6000 passengers on the ship. There isn't much crowding. Windjammer is busy but I can still easily get food and a table.

Here's a picture of me at the port in front of the ship in labadee!

00da5e2dedc79d6455450237d4fbcb6c.jpg

So... we're one day away until we head to Ft. Lauderdale! I packed last night. My suitcase is currently at 39lbs and I still have a few things to add. Did I overpack?... I just like having a lot of options. I did pack eight pairs of shoes!

I'm already in vacation mode since I am writing this while I'm on the clock and "should be working". Let's hope my manager isn't a member of cruise critic.

You did not over pack until suit case is 49.9 lbs and you can never have enough shoes......lol. Following your review. We sail on Harmony in August.

Have you noticed if there are the same discounts offered on drink packages and internet packages as there were on the cruise planner, or are they full price on board?? Thank you for looking. We are traveling next week, and I am still contemplating on buying now or waiting.

I was on the Eastern 12/10-12/17 and there were no discounts offered on the drink package however on Day 6 they were offering a 10 drink - drink card for $59+18% (approx $70 total) that you could share.

We did the escape room today with a group of other guests and we escaped with five minutes to spare! It was a lot of fun and if you have the chance, you should do it too!

We did it last night, but only had 3 minutes to spare. It was a lot of fun. They say only 25% escape, but it seems like everyone here on the boards is successful. Maybe they say 25% to make us feel good? 😀

We did the escape room today with a group of other guests and we escaped with five minutes to spare! It was a lot of fun and if you have the chance, you should do it too!
How did you find out when it would be scheduled, and how/where did you sign up? My daughter and I definitely want to do it.

How did you find out when it would be scheduled, and how/where did you sign up? My daughter and I definitely want to do it.

I checked online periodically on our cruise planner a few weeks before our cruise to see when we could sign up for it. Eventually it opened up online and I signed up for a time I thought would be fine for us. They do charge I believe 8.95 a person but I think it's worth it.

Hi again! It's the last full day on the ship and both myself and my husband are sad that our vacation is coming to an end! I will write a very thorough review of our experience on the ship once I'm back on land and have some time. But to some it up, we've had an amazing time on the ship. Would we book a cruise on royal again? Yes. Would we book the harmony again? Hells to the yes. So you get the hint of how my review will go. Were there some hits and misses? Yes but nothing that soured our trip. A lot of the reviews I've read where people complained about the service, food, crowding, no pepper grinders, hallways too long, no Indian food at the Windjammer and so many other complaints, I did not see at all. Sure, some of the food didn't hit the mark, but it didn't ruin our cruise at all. Anyways, I'll go further into it in my official review!

But cmon, who would complain about this view? :)

a76a6f9ae50daaf3d74ee99d183ce66d.jpg

Hi again! It's the last full day on the ship and both myself and my husband are sad that our vacation is coming to an end! I will write a very thorough review of our experience on the ship once I'm back on land and have some time. But to some it up, we've had an amazing time on the ship.

We can feel you. All things must come to....... a pause, for the next cruise.

Enjoyed your live updates and looking forward to your full review.