Drink Package Heads Up - Debarkation Day

marti315

Maybe I am the only one who did not know this but when i went to get a specialty coffee on debarkation day my DELUXE drink package apparently was no longer valid and they charged me money for the two coffees. My wife and I both had the deluxe package, had gotten the exact same two coffees every morning from the same nice gentleman at the Cafe Promenade and the last day was no different except that my FOLIO was different than what RCL charged my card. I never signed any receipt for the two coffees on the last day, just as i hadnt all week because on the drink package the receipt shows 0.00 and so the man never made me sign.

This is just a heads up for those who may not have known this. RCL refunded it for me but jeez seems like they should put that in writing somewhere.

The post got me curious so I did the math for my deluxe package on our upcoming trip. We sail on a Saturday and return on the next Saturday. If you count every day that's 8 days, HOWEVER, the amount I paid for the package is 7 days worth. That would say that the 8th day, disembarkation day, is not a part of the package.

I do find that odd. Why not just throw the coffee and juice the last day in the package, but clearly say alcohol is not covered on disembarkation day. But by the math they charged you correctly.

Cheers and happy cruising.

I found it very odd too. When i made the call to RCL to figure out why my credit card was charged 9.79 more than the folio i got in my door the last night, sure enough it was the 2 coffees on the final morning.

The guy in Cafe Promenade messed up. Your coffees should have been covered by your drink package. We have gotten coffees on our drink package on the last morning with no additional charge.

The post got me curious so I did the math for my deluxe package on our upcoming trip. We sail on a Saturday and return on the next Saturday. If you count every day that's 8 days, HOWEVER, the amount I paid for the package is 7 days worth. That would say that the 8th day, disembarkation day, is not a part of the package.

I do find that odd. Why not just throw the coffee and juice the last day in the package, but clearly say alcohol is not covered on disembarkation day. But by the math they charged you correctly.

Cheers and happy cruising.

I like to think since you cant get on the ship before approx 10:30 am on day one and have to be off the ship before 10 am on day 8 that equals 7 full days.