Almost "freaking out" about Navigator and upcoming cruise

lucywestie

Don't stress, just relax and have fun :). I like to go in with no expectations other than: sun, drinks, and a break from work. My expectations are always met... if anything not perfect happens, I just think- oooo, a funny vacation story for later :). Even the time we both got norovirus is a good story, now that it is behind us :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Make sure you come back and let us know what you think.

I take it you are leaving home on Saturday, because the ship doesn't get back until Sunday

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I hate to quote myself, but if you do have any issues, please let them know. Never underestimate the power of a well written letter while still aboard the ship.

We are on navigator in June next year. I do read reviews and posts but only to gain some "practical" tips to enhance our experience. The reviews of anthem while she was in the UK were very poor and when we got on we were blown away- it was one of the best cruises we ever had. Someone said a cruise is what you make it - very good advice. Stop stressing and enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I believe it is (almost) all about attitude ... if you look for the bad you will find it ... look for the good ... enjoy ... make memories and have a wonderful time ... Life is what you make out of it.

I was on the Navigator in April ... I enjoyed it so much that we will be back this April. Jan

I'm in the same boat and am on a little 5 day in Jan. This will be my first time on RCI and there is a pretty long and consistent pattern of negative reviews on Navigator.

But it will be warm. My wife and I love to chat, read, play pass the pigs, backgammon and cribbage, so if the entertainment sucks, we will just entertain ourselves.

We also bought the beverage package, and I expect that we will find at least one or two good bartenders that we can frequent and support and just stay buzzed for 5 days, if needed.

We also booked the 2 night dinner package for the first 2 nights dinners at a pretty good rate to let the dining room warm up before we visit and sriracha sauce on anything is pretty good in any condition by day 3.

Finally, I figure my wife and I can survive and thrive in almost anything, and I can't imagine the the Navigator is that bad that I'll have to ruin my liver with liquor and my stomach with hot sauce, but I will if I have to:).

Was on the Navigator last year, and it was marvelous.

Relax! I'm on Navigator in March. It's only a five night when FSU and UCF have their spring break so it'll probably be overrun by college kids...plus I was worried about the negative reviews.

But I remembered, most people who write a review (aside from those who post awesome photo reviews here on CC) have had a horrible experience that motivated them to write. Plus, there are only 1,455 reviews...which seems like a lot, but also think that Navigator carries 3,276 people at double occupancy...each sailing! Think of all of the happy cruisers!

Also, if you want, look at this photo gallery (with 360 panoramas) to see how pretty she is! I'm really looking forward to strolling down the promenade, and you should be too!!! http://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/navigator-of-the-seas-264/

I'm in the same boat and am on a little 5 day in Jan. This will be my first time on RCI and there is a pretty long and consistent pattern of negative reviews on Navigator.

But it will be warm. My wife and I love to chat, read, play pass the pigs, backgammon and cribbage, so if the entertainment sucks, we will just entertain ourselves.

We also bought the beverage package, and I expect that we will find at least one or two good bartenders that we can frequent and support and just stay buzzed for 5 days, if needed.

We also booked the 2 night dinner package for the first 2 nights dinners at a pretty good rate to let the dining room warm up before we visit and sriracha sauce on anything is pretty good in any condition by day 3.

Finally, I figure my wife and I can survive and thrive in almost anything, and I can't imagine the the Navigator is that bad that I'll have to ruin my liver with liquor and my stomach with hot sauce, but I will if I have to:).

Just off a B2B and had a grand time. The ship is in good shape. RCCL takes very good care of their ships. If you want good bartenders, go see Jeffrey and Redison in the Schooner bar and tell them Tami & Gary say hi!!

Well I didnt expect the thread to take off like it did. A big thank you for all the positive responses from seasoned cruisers (yes, I am still a novice cruiser).

I am really looking forward to the cruise now as this has seemed to alleviate alot of my concerns.

Long drive from Canada down to Miami starting tomorrow but its the beginning of a long and well deserved break so really looking forward to all that is to come in the coming weeks.

Happy christmas to everybody

Pete

lucy .... was wondering if you were going to come back on thread!

Is Lucy the name of you westie by any chance?? ( we have a lucy too, 15-yr old mixed breed...best dog ever!!)

Anyway...we just got off the Nav. Dec. 4-9. I'm not a die-hard cruiser either (5 under my belt). It was fine!! dont worry.

You can actually DRIVE down???? Envious here!! (we live in NL !!)

Just get on board....(maybe late...after the crowds from what I'm reading...), & just GO WITH THE FLOW!! Be like me...just keep reminding yourself...you're on a boat...in the middle of the Caribbean....nothing to do but enjoy....and it's freakin' DECEMBER where you live!!! Dont miss the Beatles Show ( if you're a fan) Go skating -if you can. Eat in the DR each night. & Have fun!

any questions- ask me!

I cruised for the first time with my family on Navigator this past April. I had the same concerns and kept reading and regretting that I booked. I finally got off the boards a few days before the cruise, and let me tell you we had a blast! I am honestly confused by all the negative comments, we loved everything about it! The only thing I would change is getting a bigger room, we were in an interior. We're booked again for next April...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I could care less about the negative reviews as I've seen similar reviews on some of the ships I've sailed and it was no comparison. We booked her for Mar 2018 and we can't wait to be part of the ABC tour. We go in with the mind set to have a good time and outside the ship sinking, we will have a good time. :D

I agree that I have been on many cruises and some of them have been reviewed and I read the review thinking -- what ship was that -- which crew. Lots of what people complain about is really personal preference! And they can't make it your way for over 4,000 people though they try hard. You might be your Mamma's special shining star but for most of the rest of situations you find yourself in -- adjusting your attitude is is a DIY project. I wonder where these folks eat and where they entertain themselves. I don't get anywhere near as good food and entertainment and service as I get on even the most humble of cruises. Things can go wrong but mostly I think you get a wonderful vacation if you are a person who can accept a wonderful vacation.

Well I didnt expect the thread to take off like it did. A big thank you for all the positive responses from seasoned cruisers (yes, I am still a novice cruiser).

I am really looking forward to the cruise now as this has seemed to alleviate alot of my concerns.

Long drive from Canada down to Miami starting tomorrow but its the beginning of a long and well deserved break so really looking forward to all that is to come in the coming weeks.

Happy christmas to everybody

Pete

If you get a chance, can you report on how your drive down went? We are travelling down from Ontario in February for the nine night Navigator ABC cruise.

Which route did you take?

Considering possible winter driving conditions with 3 kids and fully loaded van, we've planned on two days driving.

We've also got three days booked at universal studios pre- cruise, so any bad weather would cut into that, but provide us wiggle room to make the cruise.

Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I just got off the Navigator. The infamous Tent issue at the port of Miami is a problem, but shouldn't be an issue if there are 5 ships in port. It's when there are 6 that they end up using the tent.

I've cruised a lot, and on several lines. I'm Emerald in Crown and Anchor, so a relative noob compared to many here. I've had plenty of good experiences on RC. I loved my suite on the Navigator, perfect size, comfty bed, quiet interior. Yes, we had things we were unhappy with, including food in the MDR, but I did not think the ship was seriously run down/ready for the scrap yard, by any means. I certainly don't think any level of panic about your upcoming B2B is warranted. You'll have a good time, especially if you roll with the punches rather than fixate on everything that isn't perfect.