Princess - suite privileges confusion - resolved

Lanwood

I don't know if anyone noticed (haven't seen much chatter on it) the benefits/privileges offered to full suite passengers was changed/updated recently.

On our recent cruise on the Golden princess in Nov, staying in a full suite as we normally do, we booked a specialty restaurant on embarkation night. This is offered complimentary to full suite passengers. However in this cruise, they refused to offer it complimentary and charged us for the dinner citing that it is now offered on cruises 6 days or longer.

If you go to the princess page and look at the current suite benefits you will notice there is now a double cross next to the benefit, which reads in the fine print "available on cruises 6 days or longer". However this was only updated after our cruise.

Luckily we took a print out of the benefits page (and stored a screen shot) on embarkation, which did not have the new updated condition listed. We sent a copy to head office noting that at time of embarkation, the website did not limit cruise lengths for the suite perk, and Princess happily refunded the money charged.....:D

Another "major" change I've noticed is that it lists in the fine print that the Enclave is now "included" on the Royal and Regal princess for full suite passengers. This is another update. On our recent cruise on the Regal in the Caribbean, staying in a Penthouse suite, we had to pay for the Enclave as it was "excluded". So a bit late for us, but still a welcome change for suite passengers. This is still however a grey area for me, as when I mentioned it on the Princess forum, a poster rang head office and was told it was a miss print. However several weeks later it's still there on the benefits page - so maybe..??

I found links to both versions of the suite amenities and benefits on Princess' website. I'm not sure which one is in effect today. Fortunately, it looks like breakfast at Sabatini's is included on both.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You would think that Princess would be falling over backwards to please guests in the Penthouse Suite.

Sometimes their penny pinching does not make any sense.

You would think they would like to please the high paying guests to make sure they are return customers.

Do they still provide breakfast at Sabatinis or an equivalent?

On the Island Princess the other week, Suite breakfast was served in Sabatinis.

We were in a mini suite, so had to eat breakfast with the Steerage pax in the Provence MDR or Horizon Court lol. Very nice though.

Just got off Dawn Princess in an owners suite that's the LAST TIME

on Sun Class ships in a suite that are expensive compared with other

lines and in the services book all you seem to get is This is

EXCLUDED IN SUN CLASS SUITES.... notes added to the bottom of the

pages very disappointing. Must say the beds were comfortable nearly

isolated you from the constant vibrations. Sea Princess was exactly

the same but the beds not as good.