Debarkation and embarkation for December 16th--delays

mjonis

For those of you who are embarking today on the Divina, I'd say there's a good chance you'll have delays. Customs wants to process every person face to face. Given that it took four and a half hours to get everyone off last time, it'll probably happen this time. Plus it's already forty five minutes late debarking and they haven't cleared the ship yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Divina arrived back in Miami around 5AM this morning. Guess it's not surprising that there will be delays. Divina visited Cartagena, Columbia again on Dec. 9th. Seems like security has a bit of a problem with that.

I wonder if that's 1 of the reasons the departure time is 7pm instead of 4/5...

Good luck everyone, hope it goes smoothly and those embarking have a great cruise and those disembarking aren't held up too long.

When I've debarked in Charlotte and Boston on other cruise lines, I just had to quickly pass a declaration paper to CBP, but every time I've debarked in NYC, there's a process of lining up to check in with CBP at a booth, having them scan your passports, etc and it's a bit of a process, but not too bothersome, and it goes along smoothly enough.

Is this what's to expect in Miami?

Divina arrived back in Miami around 5AM this morning. Guess it's not surprising that there will be delays. Divina visited Cartagena, Columbia again on Dec. 9th. Seems like security has a bit of a problem with that.

Good luck everyone, hope it goes smoothly and those embarking have a great cruise and those disembarking aren't held up too long.

Divina departure time has always been 7p. EM

Well we had a 6:30 departure via self assist. About 7:00 they finally started. But there was nobody managing the line, so the 6:45 and 7:00 people somehow got in front of us. We didn't make it off the ship until about 7:45. Took 5 min for customs. Thank God we have pre-check. Mia check in was a disaster for American airlines. Took 30 min at curbside because the guy took off in midline and never came back. But we got through security very quickly. Now back to the cold. I'll try to write up the review in a few days while things are still fresh.

Definitely going slowly, my wife and I are still sitting in Top Sail as of 10:37am (we are heading to a hotel next, so no rush for us) and no one is kicking us out haha.

At 10am, they did make announcement apologizing for the slow release of passengers and they still had two color groups to go at that point. No word since, though the Yacht Club may have not been included in any further announcements.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Definitely going slowly, my wife and I are still sitting in Top Sail as of 10:37am (we are heading to a hotel next, so no rush for us) and no one is kicking us out haha.

At 10am, they did make announcement apologizing for the slow release of passengers and they still had two color groups to go at that point. No word since, though the Yacht Club may have not been included in any further announcements.

I think this is mostly port of Miami and CBP issue, but I do fault MSC for lack of proper "lanes". It was basically a big free for all when the doors opened. Somehow we ended up out the door almost last of the 4 groups in the vicinity even though we were supposed to have been #2.

But made it home safely to a nice balmy 20 degrees (down to 16 now). BRRRR.

Sounds like there has been no improvement since the original TA we sailed on from Venice! People in an earlier group than ours were still waiting for cases as we passed through and collected ours, the wait lines were ridiculous. Talk about organised chaos it was on a par with Venice.

Edited by sidari

It has always been 7pm.

But made it home safely to a nice balmy 20 degrees (down to 16 now). BRRRR.

We'll be there with you tomorrow once we head back to Pittsburgh. One last night in Miami for us before the inevitable!

Hope everyone on the cruise had a safe journey home.

Wow, this makes me a bit nervous for the 30th when we get back to Miami. We had a 3:30 flight out then delta changed it to 1:40. No matter how much I said I needed the later flight I got nowhere with delta. I guess I just need to hope for a quick out🙂

I wonder if it makes a difference if we take our luggage off ourselves? We will have 1 bag & 2 carry one.

Wow, this makes me a bit nervous for the 30th when we get back to Miami. We had a 3:30 flight out then delta changed it to 1:40. No matter how much I said I needed the later flight I got nowhere with delta. I guess I just need to hope for a quick out🙂

I wonder if it makes a difference if we take our luggage off ourselves? We will have 1 bag & 2 carry one.

I think you'll be fine with a 1:40. Ours was originally 1:30 and then American cancelled the flight all together.

Anyway, we did self-assist and finally got through everything around 7:30 ish. Got to the Miami airport around 8:00 a.m. and if American didn't have a screwed up curb side check in (the guy just left in the middle of processing people and never returned), we would've gotten in sooner, but we easily made it past security (we have Pre-check) and to the gate by around 8:30-8:45, plenty of time for our 11:30 a.m. departure.