Cruise surprise reveal

beckzay

I wasn't really sure where to ask this, so forgive me if it's in the wrong place...

We're cruising on the Sunshine in April and it's a surprise for my husband's 40th birthday. I've been trying to come up with a cool way to give it to him for his birthday, which is only 10 days before we actually sail. I didn't want to do a scavenger hunt, or I didn't want to just tell him, so I came up with a fun way to break the news.

I'm going to get 5 smallish boxes and on the outside lid put the letters that spell FORTY on each one of them. Inside, will be clues that start with the letter that is on the box. For example, the first box "F" will have clues inside that represent fun, family (because we're all going), etc. The "R" box will have clues that represent rest, relax, rays (as in sun...I'll put a sunscreen in there). The "T" will be travel with his passport inside and the "Y" will say inside "YOU ARE GOING ON A CRUISE!".

I'm stumped on the "O" though. And I'd love some other ideas for all the other letters. I don't want to give it away in the first box so nothing that's completely obvious we're cruising.

Anyone have any other cool ideas for words or knick knacks for the inside of the boxes?

A little tiny life ring?

th?&id=OIP.M08de914bf79ab9328dc8ae0c202ded2ao0&w=284&h=294&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0 With no ship name on it.

A single Lifesaver (as in the candy ones.) if the clue is too obvious, he'll know the surprise too soon.

And as far as "O" goes, how about a picture of an Orca from SeaWorld or a place like that. A good "clue" doesn't just baffle, it will misdirect and confuse.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by GottaKnowWhen