LIVE Trip Report VISTA Dec 17-24, 2016

Love2Cruz2015

First Impressions.....

Overall, the ship's decor is very understated compared to older ships. It definitely follows the Breeze type design scheme. Not to say it is bland as there are great pops of color that really make an impact. Goes to show you can have subtlety while having really great design.

Service: I met our room steward day 1, he was friendly, left robes and a towel animal for us at night.

cb67abb940fdc9e09f0942a0298bbb64.jpg

Dining room staff also nice. We'll be encountering different wait staff due to "my time". Food was served hot and fast. We went for dinner at 6pm so there wasn't much of a line at check in. Check in is on deck 5 at java cafe. They give you a ticket you present to the dining room. However when we walked past that area at around 7:30, there was a HUGE line so I made a note to self- it's either early or late for dinner.

On day 1. Crowds seemed to be dispersed well.

Also I received a notice in our stateroom during turn down. Due to weather, our itinerary will be changed. Basically reversed, so here is our new itinerary:

ee6d0eea80780db6b29a86cd0d1974a1.jpg

People with excursions will just be moved to the new days.

Stay tuned for Day 2.[emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are they doing blue robes now?

Sadly, no. "Dr. Strange" & "Fantastic Beasts....."

I am on this same cruise, but I will wait until I am home to post my photos/review. My experiences will be slightly different as I am traveling with my husband only. We are staying in the Havana area (Love it), have Thermal Suite passes (Enjoyable), and have several specialty dining planned.

The ship is beautiful, and I am surprised by those that feel it lacks "Wow!" It is also full to the brim with people. I have heard we are at max capacity, including 900+ kids.

Great review thanks for taking time to do it. We sail in 34 days and have a suite in the Havana. I'm so excited!! I'm thinking about getting a spa pass but heard it wasn't worth it. Any thoughts ??

So now we are just waiting to be seared for Capitano. They gave us a beeper and told us 20 minutes so we are Aft deck enjoying the Breeze on the 11th deck.

9ab5148740e9e255fa49bc568e33317d.jpg

Also due to the winds, the water slides and sky ride were closed. We spent our time on the pool deck and then the whirlpools near the Tides bar. A bit crowded but high turnover so we got our 30 minutes of perfect spa temperature, Nice jets too. Feeling very relaxed and happy!

Negative sir. I like living within short driving distances to 3 ports.[emoji41]

We will be living in the same state in a few mire years.

Did those emotion sickness pills work? I will be traveling with a party of 6 and half have never cruised before so I am not sure if they will get sea sick. I want to make sure I get them some pills or something. Any recommendation?

Thanks for helping me re-live my Vista Cruise from Oct/Nov..

When you are dancing the night away in Havana, make sure to order some great drinks ( or specialty Cuban coffee) from Olivia! She was the best, with a smile and a nice chat getting my order every day at the Havana bar!

Update from this evening:

Tonight was elegant night and we waited an hour for a table. Granted we went at 7:00pm and expected a wait but this was excessive.

I would not encourage anyone to get your time dining-stick with traditional times. I'm going back to that for next cruise.

Love2Cruz2015,

Thank you very much for your time posting live review, this helps me relive the memory I sailed on her back in June and again in Oct. both Med. cruises I did YTD and never had to wait long I think it depends on what time you show up I always went just after 8:30 (YTD closes at 9:30) walked right in, this way I could eat leisurely taking my time to enjoy my dinner and conversation with servers besides the waiters dance happened around 9:00 I love that.

Update from this evening:

Tonight was elegant night and we waited an hour for a table. Granted we went at 7:00pm and expected a wait but this was excessive.

I would not encourage anyone to get your time dining-stick with traditional times. I'm going back to that for next cruise.

Saying that the food was very good, I got fried oysters, lobster and crime brûlée.

We went to the show tonight at Liquid Lounge which was a 70's musical tribute to Studio 54 disco music. I really enjoyed it, plenty of seating and we showed up at the last minute.

After the show we hit Havana night club, great music so we danced a lot, salsa merengue, reggaton, popular type music that's played in the Miami area. Dance floor was hopping but not overwhelming and there was room to dance. The Dj was very good. I think this will become my hotspot for night time dancing.

The wait for YTD on the Dream was horrible. A long line formed 30 mins. before the doors even opened. I landed up switching to traditional. It was full but the maître d' had me come 15 minutes into the sitting and see what tables had no-shows.

We are here waiting for the Amor Cubans show, no wait, lots of seats still left.

Here are some updates.

Capitano was a bust. I ordered the lasagna but I didn't care for it. Too much meat, I believe it was short ribs. I'm not a big meat eater so I ended up having pizza from deck 10. The Caesar salad was good and I did sample my moms alfredo and that was very good. I guess I'll have that instead next time.

fe32c669d64caf7087c1ff2e1b391197.jpg

00713cc0960541a13ca19a3ed061034b.jpg

95b349bdc7802f3401ff1f9485f1a886.jpg

Tonight's graphics

df9492a6c7038a2f61c432d78c739644.jpg

255c5f5b608b86ebfcaaa02c7cff6798.jpg

Dinner tonight st MDR

seared tuna-good

d54070ab4a50cea96f254ee2435742c1.jpg

Veal park

2d36ca2733945e145a55a8f032464240.jpg

My DD's

6054fbe2c22ff944ad539ab441ea2a60.jpg

Btw I had tiramisu cheesecake for dessert fromLido-it was very good

b28e330d22400c80d5e58d64c0554605.jpg

Today's drinks. I got the mai tai, my parents, campari and club soda and my DD, a mango smoothie

c18b9d38df75909cb3c9bbd0bcdd8e35.jpg

cd49b4c9105e975898cb2e160ab07afa.jpg

Well now I know why it was easy to get seats for the show. In lieu of the normal show, they are doing a "comfort show" due to the Rocking of the ship; which means no dancing just a sing along, so we walked out.

So we are now at the 5 aft area where there are tables and a dance floor. They have a duo playing acoustic music, classic rock, Beatles, Clapton, Creedence etc. they are actually really good.

f8582d083c0bf17296d843906f457574.jpg

So after they went on break, we ended up back in the Havana area for some dancing and music. They had a 9 piece salsa band which was awesome.

898c1e06396439eb18569bd6376630f4.jpg

4ff8b8bc1d8bc2afb48879c868f72cd2.jpg

I treated myself to a mojito

4252562065a25f4d87b22070d11da9e1.jpg

f44fb75edfccea7ef5be43d2b4242ccd.jpg

Menu

195dd3694bededf7f3bb0eb92cb5a438.jpg

You can play Dominos too

b9fa24f36fb22e7d1d6027ae2591ae44.jpg

I would have loved a cabin in this area, but its adult only. C'est la vie.

Tomorrow is St. Maarten, haven't decided if I'm staying or going. Depends how I wake up. Ending the day on a good note, no more motion sickness, these generic Dramamine tablets I bought at Target worked!

[emoji41]

Edited by Love2Cruz2015