MSC "Two-for-One" Price Scam

jeremyosborne81

Hey all,

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm fairly certain I'm not.

The current "two-for-one" sale at MSC is a scam. They advertise the prices per person, as usual, but those prices are the half price prices for getting the two-for-one deal.

I have been watching prices on a 7 night Mediterranean cruise from Venice to Athens and back for six months now. When I noticed the “two-for-one” sale come around I was excited and went to book. That’s when the regular prices appeared. They are claiming the advertised per person rate is the price of one person spread across two people. However, their prices are now ridiculously high. $1650 per person for this cruise when all other cruise lines and THEIR OWN PRICES three months ago were $1700 for TWO people!?

This is not a real sale. This is a scam to convince people to book now at the regular price. Shame on you, MSC, for the poor business ethics.

Hey all,

The current "two-for-one" sale at MSC is a scam. They advertise the prices per person, as usual, but those prices are the half price prices for getting the two-for-one deal.

I have been watching prices on a 7 night Mediterranean cruise from Venice to Athens and back for six months now. When I noticed the “two-for-one” sale come around I was excited and went to book. That’s when the regular prices appeared. They are claiming the advertised per person rate is the price of one person spread across two people. However, their prices are now ridiculously high. $1650 per person for this cruise when all other cruise lines and THEIR OWN PRICES three months ago were $1700 for TWO people!?

This is not a real sale. This is a scam to convince people to book now at the regular price. Shame on you, MSC, for the poor business ethics.

All the lines have bull sales.

When I went to book our Divina cruise, I saw they pulled the same phony sale nonsense that RCI has been doing for quite a long time now. There are, for the most part, no real sales. It's an eye-catching gimmick to get you to think you're getting a sale. Ah, marketing in the 21st century:(

Regardless of their "sales" if the price looks acceptable to you, book it. Price fluctuations are the norm in this industry. They go up. They go down. If you find a per person price later on that works out to less, you can always call, cancel and rebook at the better price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP, if the MSC prices are giving you heartburn, please do not look at Disney. You'll need a defibrillator.

On the flip side, after cruising Disney, pretty much every other line seems like a steal! LOL

Yes, find the price that you can live with and don't look back. That can only make you unhappy.

Hey all,

I think it depends on when you book and when sale is offered. I booked our February cruise about ten months ago as BOGO along with KSF. It was $1700 for the four of us for a balcony room. It's much more than that now and KSF is blacked out. We did an interior NCL the year prior with KSF for just a bit more than that.... I did try shopping around other cruise lines this year and not one comes close to MSC for the cost. I cringe now when I remember what we spent on our Disney cruise that one son doesn't remember at all and the other only remembers bits and pieces.

Edited by paceyswife

I happened to look at my Feb cruise prices now. I book the Royal in YC almost 2 years in advance, as soon as booking became available and now prices are being shown $1k more pp ( yet the two are sold out. Not sure how they can price a category with none open)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scam? How's that? It is up to you as a buyer to do the math and determine if this is a good deal to you regardless of the so called Sale. MSC never says its cruise prices won't change from one day to the next.

The 2 for 1 promotions are based on BROCHURE RATES which can be found on the web site as you work your way thru a booking. Just like the $300 published rate for your favorite hotel room for which you paid $120.

If you live in the UK you cannot book /cancel without a penalty usually your deposit, or whatever you may have paid up front. I believe in the US you can tentatively book pay deposit then cancel and get your money back, correct me if I am wrong.