Help! Trouble booking 3rd passenger!

Traveler1010

Hi All- I am hoping more experienced MSC cruisers can assist me with the issue I'm having. We love to travel on Norwegian in the Haven and are trying MSC on the Mergavilia this summer. When I was booking I was told that you only can have two people in the suites in the Yacht Club. This is of course a problem as we travel with our four-year-old daughter. They had me fill out a request form to add her as a passenger in that room over a month ago. I habe not heard anything back from the cruise agent that booked; he doesn't even return my emails. When I call MSC they don't have answers either. Do I cancel and go back to Norwegian? Or is this unusual for MSC and should wait it out a few days? We would like to book travel for this and confirm or pick a new trip for this summer. The service with Norwegian is so great that this is making me nervous…

Thank you in advance!

Your problem is your travel agent. He should be following up on this and responding to you.

And by the way, the food is wonderful on MSC. There is a large variety available and you do not need to pay for a specialty restaurant to get edible food as you do on NCL.

We traveled with our 4 year old in one fo the YC suites on Divina. (15029). Had no problem booking directly with MSC - great service. And they treated him like royalty on board.

Definitely better than NCL, of which we are platinum.

There are usually only a certain number of cabins that lines will allow 3 or 4 passengers into, once they reach that number it does not matter how big the cabin is. My son has just had the same issue with Princess on the first Majestic cruise, cabins for four available but only being sold to two passengers due to reaching capacity for 3/4 passengers.

Thank you OzCanuck. They said due to capacity rules you had to have a form to add a third passenger to those suites. Completed about a month ago and no word. Glad to hear you like MSC better than NCL; we love the Haven.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting. Definitely a fuller ship/sailing then. We liked it so much that we've booked a 14 day northern Europe out of Hamburg for next summer, again in the YC. I love NCL's suite/Haven product; but they are testing my price point these days so I am happy to give my money to MSC for now.

I like the YC more than the Haven - especially the pool area on the Divina-class of ship.

Hi All- I am hoping more experienced MSC cruisers can assist me with the issue I'm having. We love to travel on Norwegian in the Haven and are trying MSC on the Mergavilia this summer. When I was booking I was told that you only can have two people in the suites in the Yacht Club. This is of course a problem as we travel with our four-year-old daughter. They had me fill out a request form to add her as a passenger in that room over a month ago. I habe not heard anything back from the cruise agent that booked; he doesn't even return my emails. When I call MSC they don't have answers either. Do I cancel and go back to Norwegian? Or is this unusual for MSC and should wait it out a few days? We would like to book travel for this and confirm or pick a new trip for this summer. The service with Norwegian is so great that this is making me nervous…

Thank you in advance!

Call and ask for a supervisor.

We have never been in the Haven, but we have sailed in the Divina Yacht Club three times and just love it. It is the best experience we have had at sea and we have done 22 cruises on various lines. Most of the reviews I have read prefer the YC to the Haven. They say the Haven staterooms are better, but everything else is better in the YC. In any event, enjoy your cruise.