scubacruiserx2

This photo reminds me of Bermuda

DSC08393_zpsf2ttqvsl.jpg

DSC0842220Stitch-001_zpstuq2pfro.jpg

I found this photo online

d5a837b3-f417-4dc6-ab56-5ae7b5db4052_zpswjuetvvy.jpg

The lighthouse is on the right

DSC0842520Stitch-001_zpsb0lgz3vw.jpg

and from higher up we could see a couple of beauties in the distance , posing for photos

DSC08315_zpsaj8lxba0.jpg

one of them was a princess

DSC08344_zpsjbiskc90.jpg

The video clip :

Just off of the tip is a small , rocky island

DSC0840820Stitch-001_zpsey9xhdpb.jpg

At this point we decided to walk back to meet our guide , Donald . We walked by the sea route to the bay where he was making lunch .

DSC0835620Stitch-001_zpsw7ydtwvb.jpg

DSC08371_zps0v7pj68g.jpg

The table looked great and the food smelled good and we asked Donald if we had time to snorkel . He said yes and suggested that we walk up the beach a little and go near the rocks in the water .

DSC08367_zpsh1cevoil.jpg

Video clip of the snorkeling area :

We grabbed our gear and headed out entering the water here , just past these rocks . This photo and the video clip were taken with a dive camera .

PICT0285_zpsysckvlo2.jpg

We were at the beach about 4-5 hours and twice a group of ATV's from the cruise ship visited .

DSC08366_zpsfuczu6mh.jpg

Donald's truck

DSC08373_zpsnenja7qj.jpg

We had a choice of fish , chicken or conch with rice and coleslaw . Lemonade and a strong rum punch or water were the choice of drinks . And when Donald took this photo , Pat thought that he captured my best side .

DSC08376_zpssmkxdkur.jpg

There are flies here which Donald kept at bay by dropping hot sauce around the plate . But all too soon , we returned to the Princess Cay complex and a line which took 20-30 minutes of waiting , before boarding the tenders for the ride back to the ship .

0d69af2f-4396-4bfa-9770-6f050cb1667d_zpsx8dxdpeg.jpg

IMG_7099_zpssugqsmhz.jpg

IMG_7111_zpsjwbrb838.jpg

We had a beautiful sail away from Eleuthera

DSC0475120Stitch-001_zpsuixgaljz.jpg

It was Italian night in the MDR and with most of the same items available in the Horizon Court , we decided to eat there

IMG_731820Stitch-001_zpslei8yini.jpg

DSC04728_zpswlimiq0a.jpg

Too much Limoncello ?

DSC08434_zpsmkji8nao.jpg

DSC08439_zpsdr5cucuo.jpg

And while we didn't see the sunset , we did see this from our balcony .

DSC08435-002_zpsz9ydktcc.jpg

Thank you for the continued posts. I have been to Princess Cays several times, but have never left the compound. I really like your day away. Will you please share your guide's email address or contact information? That trip sounds like it's right up my alley!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for the continued posts. I have been to Princess Cays several times, but have never left the compound. I really like your day away. Will you please share your guide's email address or contact information? That trip sounds like it's right up my alley!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're welcome Tracie . This was our third trip to Princess Cays and our second trip with Eleuthera Tours . This is the only trip that they offer for cruise ship passengers and on the first trip , Pat and I were the only ones on the beach . Here's Donald's Email: info@eleutheratours.com

IMG_7001_zpskgoetf3i.jpg

IMG_7007-001_zpscztogrya.jpg

We were informed by the ship's announcements in the morning that all of the food and cooks were brought in from the ship , and when we first landed we saw some tenders being unloaded .

DSC08255_zpszshfny1h.jpg

I guess it was to supply the grills in the complex , but we have never eaten here .

IMG_7064_zpsm5akv6ui.jpg

IMG_7079_zps6rgc3eu8.jpg

Pat had promised me 'something special' in the morning of our first sea day , and since she was excited and so I went along with it . She had booked the Enclave for a week which is part of the Lotus Spa .

IMG_7300_zpsua7fukzn.jpg

This is the Princess description .

" The Enclave® – The central feature of Princess’ largest-ever thermal suite is the dramatic hydro-therapy pool to help rejuvenate the mind and body with a cascading rain shower and therapeutic air jets in various locations around the pool. Passengers can also choose to relax on heated stone beds or soothing water beds, plus enjoy steam and sauna options using different temperatures, humidity zones, and aroma infusions to offer a sense of rejuvenation. New features include:

The Hammam – A Turkish-style steam bath to enhance well-being, the Hammam’s warm marble slab is a soothing addition to a massage and can be used with clay, mud or salt treatments.

The Caldarium – A feature taken from Roman times, this warm, light steam ceramic chamber offers an infusion of herbal aromas. Walls, floors and seats are heated for a deep penetrating warmth that promotes relaxation.

The Laconium – This warm, dry chamber gradually warms the body to help with purification and detoxification.

Sensory Showers – Passengers can choose from four different experiences: Tropical Rain, Cold Mist, Rain Shower or Siberian Shower, which also include dynamic mood lighting and aromas to enrich the experience. "

I hadn't read the Princess description and so I didn't know what to expect but we found ourselves here , about to find out .

IMG_7302_zps2yhzpfdx.jpg

After exchanging our cards for a wrist bracelet we were supposed to change into bathing suits and get a robe here .

DSC0847220Stitch-001_zpskdsxs0y5.jpg

There is also an over sized shower and bathroom in the changing room .

DSC08474_zpssdl7kmuq.jpg

After exiting , I walked down another hall toward what I imagined a medieval torture room would be like

DSC08481_zpssegfwocu.jpg

And tentatively taking a seat on one of the " heated stone beds " ( which was quite cold ) , I waited for my wife to arrive to 'show me the ropes' since she had been on the tour of the spa .

DSC08844%20Stitch-001_zpsoikjoek4.jpg

I tried to quite my restless mind while listening to the relaxing music .

But the music and surroundings made me think of a scene in a movie which I wished that I hadn't seen Soylent Green . In this scene from the movie , the friendly , helpful staff treat Edgar G Robinson very well , as they are euthanizing him !

I made up my mind at that point , not to drink anything !

But with my wife's arrival , I snapped back to reality and began to relax and enjoy her company and surroundings .

DSC0848420Stitch-001_zpswzawlutv.jpg

There are several steam and dry rooms there and we began to treat it like the Banya which we experienced in Russia .

DSC08492_zps1dio7s5e.jpg

Alternating between the different colored showers and various heated rooms .

DSC08840-001_zpsl7oqm0bv.jpg

DSC08490_zpsshszfbki.jpg

DSC08489_zpsxjzgips6.jpg

Before taking a plunge in the hydro-therapy pool .

DSC08485_zpsdi0cvkzo.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Your photos are wonderful! I'm getting so excited for my very first cruise aboard the Royal in Feb :) your story is absorbing! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!

Thank you we enjoyed taking them and we're glad that you like them . WOW , your first cruise , how exciting !!! :cool:

It can be a little cool then , but nothing like Ontario in the Winter , so enjoy ! :) :D

The fun in the hydro - therapy cranked up when we turned on the bubbles :

So much so that it steamed up the camera

d87929c6-9247-4b08-9207-7cb567d9852d_zpsohcn1eq8.jpg

and after plumping for a while in the pool , we finally retired to the cabin for some interactive fun - on the TV .

The location station

DSC08510_zpsphtswjix.jpg

and Love Boat reruns !

IMG_7749_zpsx99b7555.jpg

A couple of photos of our balcony

IMG_5334_zpsm9fj5dhd.jpg

IMG_533120Stitch-002_zpsywb1ovdl.jpg

This is where we would have room service for lunch today and the Utimate Balcony Dinner , this evening .

IMG_5347_zpsy9hxotc3.jpg

And after lunch I wanted to find a place to photograph sunset later .

IMG_5358_zpszh1ykvuo.jpg

this photo includes a reflection from the plexiglass wall

IMG_5357_zpsx4inuxxs.jpg

Loving all your photos!

I see soot on your balcony deck. It must still be a problem? :(

We glad that you enjoy the photos and yes , soot is sometimes a problem . At first I thought that it was ashes from the smokers above us on the Horizon Terrace . ;)

On changeover day the balconies doors were open and the crew was pressure cleaning on the deck above us .

IMG_6575_zps7chk5d6b.jpg

After lunch and a nap we had a very informal Cruise Critic get together where we met the 2 other couples who would be diving with us in Grand Cayman . There aren't many good places on the Regal to shoot a bow sunset and since it was almost dinner time , I settled for the aft promenade .

IMG_5372_zpsrty1caoy.jpg

It doesn't go all the way around like the CB , but ends here .

IMG_5375_zpsoba66eu6.jpg

At 5:30 two gentlemen wearing tuxedos ( it was formal night ) knocked on the door and began setting up for the UBD .

IMG_5405_zps2dqpneio.jpg

IMG_539420Stitch-001_zpsnohia8ny.jpg

IMG_539820Stitch-001_zps5ynfsrsn.jpg

IMG_5406_zpsn1yzm61e.jpg