A Tale of two Princesses

scubacruiserx2

I love that dessert! The only sad thing is by the time it arrives- you are so stuffed from all that amazing food!

That's why we did our tummy stretching exercises before the cruise ! :) :D

I wonder if you can do UBD for one?

We don't see why not , it pays to ask !!

I am just loving your review. Your pictures are amazing! We will be on the Jan. 29th sailing and I'm wondering if you remember what the cutoff was for the top 40 most traveled. Plus, did they have a luncheon or a cocktail party?:o

Thank you and welcome to the thread . And congratulations on your 50th anniversary and your upcoming cruise !! :) :D

We don't attend these functions or have many Princess cruises under our belts ( only 8 ) , so we don't know the answers to your questions . But here's the most traveled passengers from both cruises who average about 186 - seven day cruises !! :eek:

DSC08871_zpsbxdslio3.jpg

DSC09251_zpsxrwaxoji.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

After our dinner we waddled down to the atrium like a couple of overstuffed penguins where the Champagne (sparkling white wine ? ) waterfall was flowing .

IMG_5414_zpsmffbsrgy.jpg

The normally golden - hued Piazza was bathed in a Barney shade of purple

IMG_5419_zpsske0pesb.jpg

I secretly wondered what it was like to be a professional photographer and so I wandered down to his vantage point .

IMG_542520Stitch-001_zpsrrv5zkce.jpg

while he plied his trade

IMG_5428_zpsrfn6myvt.jpg

I dared not to use a flash like him but I love the expression in this ladies face ! :)

IMG_5422_zps8hmemmr5.jpg

Our next stop was Montego Bay , Jamaica and I believe that it was the first time that the Regal had stopped here .

DSC08553_zpsnc2271hq.jpg

DSC08557_zpst2lyu4jn.jpg

DSC08554-001_zpssxu5hxcs.jpg

DSC08549_zpskr2tdgsb.jpg

DSC08551_zpst5buaygt.jpg

DSC08550_zpsc0lifk9l.jpg

We had no desire to go into Jamaica after the treatment that we received on last last 2 visits to Ocho Rios and so we planned on a relaxing day on board the beautiful Regal .

Some of the halls in the Regal have photos which I guess passengers have taken

IMG_5433_zpszgwl7bea.jpg

While walking down the promenade before coffee in the IC , some things and photos seem fuzzy

IMG_5442_zpsdzeagk21.jpg

IMG_5451-001_zps3j4cud5f.jpg

a dining room in the Crown Grill

IMG_5447_zpsom9npfau.jpg

IMG_5453_zpshdkoingu.jpg

this picture in the future sales looked fuzzy to me

IMG_5457_zps4tdhbkjt.jpg

You just need more coffee! That'll sharpen things up!

You've got it Tracie ! The previous photos were taken BC (before coffee) , but after coffee and with the aid of reading glasses things came into focus .

It is a mosaic

IMG_5460_zpsp2oycrjf.jpg

made from small photos of the world :cool:

IMG_5461-001_zpsafkqt2jq.jpg

Our next stop was Montego Bay , Jamaica and I believe that it was the first time that the Regal had stopped here .

We had no desire to go into Jamaica after the treatment that we received on last last 2 visits to Ocho Rios and so we planned on a relaxing day on board the beautiful Regal .

Thank you for answering a question that I have asked a few times here and have not gotten a real answer. We were on a land based trip 32 years ago and had a really bad experience in Montego Bay and had issues in Ocho Rios. Seems that things have not changed for the better over the years based on your comment. If we are ever on an itinerary that includes a stop in Jamaica I think we will follow your lead and stay on board the ship.

BTW, fantastic photos. Lovin' the review.:)

Thank you for answering a question that I have asked a few times here and have not gotten a real answer. We were on a land based trip 32 years ago and had a really bad experience in Montego Bay and had issues in Ocho Rios. Seems that things have not changed for the better over the years based on your comment. If we are ever on an itinerary that includes a stop in Jamaica I think we will follow your lead and stay on board the ship.

Jamaica is a beautiful country with some wonderful people but it only takes one or two rotten apples to leave a bad taste .

Thanks , the Regal is a pretty ship that allows good photo ops . :) :D

I had to come back and tell you how much we loved the Regal!!! We disembarked yesterday. She is everything everyone says and MORE. It was a fabulous cruise. We board the Celebrity Eclipse on Monday, and will be curious how it compares. It is our first S class.

Thank you for your wonderful reviews and fantastic photos. Your family is lovely.

Happy Sailing!

I had to come back and tell you how much we loved the Regal!!! We disembarked yesterday. She is everything everyone says and MORE. It was a fabulous cruise. We board the Celebrity Eclipse on Monday, and will be curious how it compares. It is our first S class.

Thank you for your wonderful reviews and fantastic photos. Your family is lovely.

Happy Sailing!

Welcome back and we are happy that you had a good cruise . And while there are a few things that some people would change , we think that they are few and far between . ;)

Wow , you're living the dream ! They are probably our 2 favorite ships !!! :) :D The Eclipse is the only S class that we have been on and we think that they are both great .We hope that you enjoy your cruise , and let us know how it goes . :cool:

The grandsons are all away with the youngest in Peru and the older 2 in Boone , N.C . looking for snow with their mom . Unfortunately Ty sprained his ankle doing a back flip on a friend's trampoline the night before they left . :(

dd91a9e1-445d-44dc-926f-d446fe227e58_zpsfucl95ik.jpg

We had a bad experience as well. However, if you every happen to cruise into Falmouth Jamaica and stay within the secured port area you will find it to be a positive experience. They have many of the typical stores found in all ports and a small straw market where the vendors have been selected and familiarized with North American friendliness. They don't touch, harasses, or make you feel uncomfortable. Even though it isn't the real Jamaica it is a nice port to get off the ship and stretch your legs for an hour. There is also a great Patty Hut which we always hit up.

Scubacruiser sorry for the thread detour.:)

We had a bad experience as well. However, if you every happen to cruise into Falmouth Jamaica and stay within the secured port area you will find it to be a positive experience. They have many of the typical stores found in all ports and a small straw market where the vendors have been selected and familiarized with North American friendliness. They don't touch, harasses, or make you feel uncomfortable. Even though it isn't the real Jamaica it is a nice port to get off the ship and stretch your legs for an hour. There is also a great Patty Hut which we always hit up.

Scubacruiser sorry for the thread detour.:)

No worries A&L_Ont , and thank you for sharing your experiences in Falmouth . We haven't been there yet , so great info. to know ! :cool:

You've got it Tracie ! The previous photos were taken BC (before coffee) , but after coffee and with the aid of reading glasses things came into focus .

It is a mosaic

IMG_5460_zpsp2oycrjf.jpg

made from small photos of the world :cool:

IMG_5461-001_zpsafkqt2jq.jpg

After all- coffee is the elixir of life!