A Tale of two Princesses

scubacruiserx2

I have post cruise depression having competed an 8 day Christmas cruise!

You review is great and helping me to feel I am onboard again.

Wonderful review with spectacular photos.

So glad that you shared your cruise with CC members.

We have a couple of dive days coming up with CG next and Cozumel as the next port . You said that were considering a new dive camera . Would you consider adopting a Sealife DC 1200 ?

Sorry, Joe. I'm not ignoring you. I just saw the post I quoted. I have been busy planning our next trip, which is a land trip :eek: to Vegas. Since there's not much info on Vegas here on CC, I haven't been here much lately.

While I do want a new uw camera, I really don't know exactly what I'm looking for, or much about the Sealife DC 1200. My current camera is only good to about 50 ft, which is what is prompting me to start looking. I know I want something good to about 100 ft since I am not likely to go much deeper than that. It would need to be simple to operate since this point and shoot girl would be a total mess trying to figure out more involved camera settings under water. I set my current camera on the underwater motion setting before I get in the water and that's where it stays. :eek: I would also like to be able to use better lighting which I have absolutely no idea if I can do on my current camera. I haven't needed external lighting at the shallow depths I have used the camera at prior to our last cruise, but going deeper made my pictures come out very blue. Does what I think I'm wanting in a camera sound to you like a good match with the Sealife? If so, maybe we need to talk!

I have post cruise depression having competed an 8 day Christmas cruise!

You review is great and helping me to feel I am onboard again.

Wonderful review with spectacular photos.

So glad that you shared your cruise with CC members.

We get that sometimes , so we just book another cruise ! ;)

Or look at some photos from the last one . :) :D

Enjoying your beautiful photos and nice videos, especially the marine life.

Great , we will sharing more as we dive Roatan and return to Cozumel on the CB . I usually edit the photos just before I write , but I also use archived photos and quotes from other threads .

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Sorry, Joe. I'm not ignoring you. I just saw the post I quoted. I have been busy planning our next trip, which is a land trip :eek: to Vegas. Since there's not much info on Vegas here on CC, I haven't been here much lately.

While I do want a new uw camera, I really don't know exactly what I'm looking for, or much about the Sealife DC 1200. My current camera is only good to about 50 ft, which is what is prompting me to start looking. I know I want something good to about 100 ft since I am not likely to go much deeper than that. It would need to be simple to operate since this point and shoot girl would be a total mess trying to figure out more involved camera settings under water. I set my current camera on the underwater motion setting before I get in the water and that's where it stays. :eek: I would also like to be able to use better lighting which I have absolutely no idea if I can do on my current camera. I haven't needed external lighting at the shallow depths I have used the camera at prior to our last cruise, but going deeper made my pictures come out very blue. Does what I think I'm wanting in a camera sound to you like a good match with the Sealife? If so, maybe we need to talk!

Planning trips is usually a good thing ( until we get or charge card bill :eek: ) .

Taking good underwater photos is quite a challenge , at least for me ! And so I try to KISS (Keep It Simple S_____ ) , with a minimum of changes . I usually set the camera to a dive mode which adds red to compensate for the loss of color at depth . I do change between still and video but , the strobe won't light the video so the videos are blue . I did have some strobe issues and bought a video light to go with Cecil , and I'm trying to learn them before the next cruise .

The Sealife is a gift - if you want it .

Also , we did notice the camera shops on the ships selling lots of Gopro's and a proliferation of them underwater , mostly in the hands of the newer divers . I've never used one , but a friend from Cozumel had one that he flooded . I've never flooded a Sealife , but I did flood a Canon and they told me " That's too bad , but we don't cover it " . Since then I've stuck with the Sealife in the water and Canon on land .

On the way to dinner The Polonia String Quartet introduced this song by saying that it was voted the best song of the 20th century in a 1999 BBC Radio 2 poll of music experts and listeners and was also voted the No. 1 pop song of all time by MTV and Rolling Stone magazine the following year . Can anybody guess it ?

hint : The original song tittle was scrambled eggs

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgn8BrrJIoeyp3pD3LqhoRA

Our final dinner was at Sabatini's

DSC08920-003_zpsfpna7htu.jpg

DSC08921%20Stitch-002_zpsryvx03ji.jpg

DSC08930_zpsamrmegrb.jpg

Antipasto

DSC08926_zpsj82zhlj7.jpg

Baby field greens

DSC08933_zpsswffv3vx.jpg

An artichoke souffle

DSC08934_zpscgmxuzhg.jpg

Braised short ribs with Penne . We found a new cheap wine that we like on this cruise for $ 30 ($ 10 at Publix ) .

DSC08936_zpssrpqd2w5.jpg

Manicotti

DSC08938_zpswkq4lxng.jpg

Chicken Supreme

DSC08940_zpsgpjrengv.jpg

The veal was a special not found on the menu ( a bit chewy to my taste )

DSC08943_zpsbmpqdue5.jpg

Desserts and after dinner drinks menu

DSC08945-001_zpsmkrh7ha4.jpg

The Norman Love Tiramisu

DSC08947_zpsvbhhcvtb.jpg

After seeing your photo of the before, Princess really did a great job on converting that stairwell on the Royal - one we used daily on our last cruise. Of course, there was that one handrail that didn't want to stay stuck!

Enjoying your recap as we board the Regal on Sunday.

Judy

Planning trips is usually a good thing ( until we get or charge card bill :eek: ) .

Taking good underwater photos is quite a challenge , at least for me ! And so I try to KISS (Keep It Simple S_____ ) , with a minimum of changes . I usually set the camera to a dive mode which adds red to compensate for the loss of color at depth . I do change between still and video but , the strobe won't light the video so the videos are blue . I did have some strobe issues and bought a video light to go with Cecil , and I'm trying to learn them before the next cruise .

The Sealife is a gift - if you want it .

Also , we did notice the camera shops on the ships selling lots of Gopro's and a proliferation of them underwater , mostly in the hands of the newer divers . I've never used one , but a friend from Cozumel had one that he flooded . I've never flooded a Sealife , but I did flood a Canon and they told me " That's too bad , but we don't cover it " . Since then I've stuck with the Sealife in the water and Canon on land .

Joe, that is a very generous offer! Can you email me at nrosenberg 912 at yahoo dot com (no spaces, dot not spelled out, of course) so we aren't disrupting your thread while I try to convince you to let me pay you for the camera?

Taking good photos on land is a challenge for me, never mind under water! My first attempt at an uw camera was a Fuji. It flooded in 3 ft of water in my neighbor's pool. Fortunately, the camera was still brand new and still under water, so it was covered. That was when I bought the Olympus I have been using, and pushing past it's limits.

The song with the original title of scrambled eggs is Yesterday by the Beatles. I didn't need the video, but I listened anyway. I could have named that tune in about 2 notes. Where is Bimmer09 for this song challenge? It would be right up his alley. :D

After seeing your photo of the before, Princess really did a great job on converting that stairwell on the Royal - one we used daily on our last cruise. Of course, there was that one handrail that didn't want to stay stuck!

Enjoying your recap as we board the Regal on Sunday.

Judy

Maybe Princess was watching Fixer Upper , like we did last night ! ;)

Congratulations on the upcoming cruise ! The Regal and the Royal should be an east transition , but moving to the CB involved a little more change .

Thank you again for your review and photos. I have been binge reading you Baltic posts, great to see, appreciate the link.

You're welcome , we almost did that cruise on the Regal . We were going to board the Regal in Saint Petersburg after staying there first but the apartment we usually rent was booked . We will be glad to answer questions if you have any .

Joe, that is a very generous offer! Can you email me at nrosenberg 912 at yahoo dot com (no spaces, dot not spelled out, of course) so we aren't disrupting your thread while I try to convince you to let me pay you for the camera?

Taking good photos on land is a challenge for me, never mind under water! My first attempt at an uw camera was a Fuji. It flooded in 3 ft of water in my neighbor's pool. Fortunately, the camera was still brand new and still under water, so it was covered. That was when I bought the Olympus I have been using, and pushing past it's limits.

The song with the original title of scrambled eggs is Yesterday by the Beatles. I didn't need the video, but I listened anyway. I could have named that tune in about 2 notes. Where is Bimmer09 for this song challenge? It would be right up his alley. :D

Will do Nancy , as soon as my IT person wakes up . ;) How about paying for shipping ?

It's one of Pat's favorite tunes , but she has a penchant for missing it . We we saw The Paul McCartney World Tour in 1990 she was stuck in line for the ladies room and ditto for this performance , which I recorded for her . You won the pillow chocolate for the correct answer ! I suspect that Norris is camera shopping or getting ready for his cruise on Celebrity this month .

Hi, Nancy (and Joe). Correct answer indeed but I read Joe's quiz question late last night after work and before dinner at 11.30 pm and at the time was playing with a Canon 6D and the instruction manual as I have only two days to become familiar with it before heading to Miami on Friday morning at 7.30.

I have 5 cameras charged and ready. I'll post my Celebrity Reflection review starting on January 22 when I get back.

Cheers!

Norris

Hi, Nancy (and Joe). Correct answer indeed but I read Joe's quiz question late last night after work and before dinner at 11.30 pm and at the time was playing with a Canon 6D and the instruction manual as I have only two days to become familiar with it before heading to Miami on Friday morning at 7.30.

I have 5 cameras charged and ready. I'll post my Celebrity Reflection review starting on January 22 when I get back.

Cheers!

Norris

I love my 6D , but not the manual as much . Clear but not concise like the field guide .

6918fb05-6a59-478c-99fe-f8350bb994c1_zpspak97hum.jpg

DSC09461_zpswkmzfl3x.jpg

DSC09460-001_zpsagrda6xd.jpg

Have a great trip and if you have any questions on the 6D I'll try to answer them .

We were the first ship into PE on December 11 th at Terminal 2

fcc12192-8f45-473c-9465-84bea5a4eef1_zpsirfjozuv.jpg

Followed by the Zuiderdam

IMG_6494_zpsx9zljo2r.jpg

at Terminal 19

IMG_6503_zpsfwazxlsy.jpg

And then we saw her

IMG_6506_zpszguozywl.jpg

a vision in Lavender

IMG_6521_zpsnxsojem6.jpg

and Aqua

b54dbb64-252f-4ab1-b71a-00eb41af8994_zpse9mulhtl.jpg