A Tale of two Princesses

scubacruiserx2

Totally get it. I was in Air Traffic for 35 yrs and had to be at the airport many mornings by 5:45. You won't get it.. but up here 4am is snow/ice, you name it in the winter! Just had to be there.. not much sleep those nights.

Take Care...

Keep those pics coming.

Congratulations on your career ! No we don't understand because we enjoyed visiting the snow for a couple of weeks in Michigan where Pat grew up . But the first winter that she moved down here was the year that it snowed in Miami ( I think that she had something to do with it ) ! It will be 40 years ago on the 19th of this month .

1-19-1977_zps8sb4t6yl.jpg

I was in Fire College and instead of PT that morning they let us go to breakfast ! :) :D

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Congratulations on your career ! No we don't understand because we enjoyed visiting the snow for a couple of weeks in Michigan where Pat grew up . But the first winter that she moved down here was the year that it snowed in Miami ( I think that she had something to do with it ) ! It will be 40 years ago on the 19th of this month .

1-19-1977_zps8sb4t6yl.jpg

I was in Fire College and instead of PT that morning they let us go to breakfast ! :) :D

Funny. I remember that date because we were coming back from the Bahamas and had to catch a flight from Miami to Denver. I told the cab driver that the weather felt like snow was about to fall. The cab driver said oh no, we were wrong, it never snowed in Miami. I said that being from Colorado we were pretty sure when it felt like snow. I should have taken his bet that it would never snow in Miami. :D

BTW, still loving all of the photos. Anxious to see the last half of your cruise adventure.

Edited by ar1950

We had to make a change in plans for today and so we're back with the first night's dinner from the Crown Grill

DSC08988_zpsbulemad4.jpg

e801b5d4-797e-42a5-a9b8-c16fce4a5550_zpsxktbyggl.jpg

8219cf7e-9c45-437a-ae07-541bd775d35d_zpsshuncgjk.jpg

Do you think that Pat is ready for her lobster cake ?

DSC08990_zpszciqlm4e.jpg

The Lobster cake in an unguarded moment

DSC08993_zpsmxqiebvi.jpg

Pan Seared Scallops

DSC08991_zps34ztp3uj.jpg

This may not be convincing , but are you planning on doing the Caribbean in Fall/Winter next year or Europe in the Summer ? Because I think that's where the CB will be .

My sister thought there was a Panama Canal cruise in April but my husband and kids might not be up for my cruise getaway two years in a row (missing spring break). So if they join us we probably will do it and if they don't there will be some negotiating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sister thought there was a Panama Canal cruise in April but my husband and kids might not be up for my cruise getaway two years in a row (missing spring break). So if they join us we probably will do it and if they don't there will be some negotiating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This April they go to Europe and April of 2018 , Panama .

I want to do a Panama canal cruise but on a larger ship (than Panamax) so that I get to use the new canals. Having done it on the Infinity and having a wonderful time, I would like to see how the new locks work.:D

We haven't been down to see this feat of human engineering yet , but with a trip to the ABC islands in a couple of weeks , we will be close . ;)

Good morning CB ! Time to take the Canon for a walk . This was a month ago so the decorations were up also .

IMG_6782_zpspjlqrj1z.jpg

A walk from the aft lift on the Promenade Deck to the IC

Sabatini's , we preferred the Regal version for dinner

IMG_6783_zpsxjh8ujxf.jpg

The Wheelhouse Bar

IMG_6787_zpsjnr1erph.jpg

The Explorer's Lounge

IMG_6788_zpskjvjiviz.jpg

Crooners

IMG_6791_zpsubwti5ym.jpg

If the Regal Princess was Glittering and Glamorous then the Caribbean Princess is Traditional , Tried and True ( some people might add Tired ) .

161e5767-5a29-4b08-bdca-233a18a967e8_zpspdopizuc.jpg

We always loved the critters on the elevator shafts in the Atrium .

The Crown Grill was my turnaround point

IMG_6802_zpsqpbrqpjs.jpg

The Horizon Cafe

IMG_6822%20Stitch-001_zpsraodhmg1.jpg

Once again we preferred the Regal version with it's open concept buffet

IMG_6822_zpsqwnwgnnx.jpg

Yay ! They would be having the Crab Shack on this cruise , unlike the Regal .

IMG_6827_zpsrcvpbn1b.jpg

Outside for the sunrise

IMG_6840_zpseil5pdgw.jpg

And seeing my wife always brightens my day

IMG_6843_zpsjia3ejfr.jpg

The halls in the CB are very long and straight and if you are not sure if you are going Forward or Aft there is a easy way to tell . On the Starboard are the odd numbered cabins and carpet with a blue edge .

DSC09023_zps6hqec6no.jpg

While on the Port side they are even numbers with a red trimmed carpet

DSC09024_zpsenrqcb3v.jpg

We had met another couple of divers on Cruise Critic roll call that we would be diving with in Cozumel and we were going to meet them at the CC M&G at Skywalkers that morning . And at the appointed time we headed up the ramp . The meeting was very informal and no refreshments were provided .

IMG_6952_zps3jp3x2rj.jpg

IMG_6955_zpsux34inpm.jpg

We had just began talking when some of the ship's officers joined us

IMG_6956_zpsu0grw6lo.jpg

After greeting us and introducing themselves and their responsibilities , they opened the floor for questions . Seeing that their time had come , the Ten percenter's rose to the occasion and the yammering began . It was basically 3 or 4 squeaky wheels looking for some free grease . I know " that it's their job " , and they handled it professionally , but I sense that others , in addition to myself , get tired of hearing it . Perhaps this is why there was no representation by Princess at our previous cruise's M&G , as there had been at our February's Regal M&G .

my wife likes that that about the ships passage ways, the carpet being colour coordinated for left and right and also the waves, show bow to stern. I do not need such help normally (my wife always tell me where to go :p) but I know a lot of people do.