A Tale of two Princesses

scubacruiserx2

For those of you who haven't visited the Crab Shack , we will reprise our review of it . This was the advertisement for it in February near the Horizon Court .

DSC04840_zpssphcennh.jpg

The Crab Shack was one of the best experiences we've had on a Princess ship[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The CB Patter

DSC08977_zpstldo9jo9.jpg

DSC08979_zpswu4uocwq.jpg

DSC08980_zpsmjsnmqtb.jpg

DSC08978_zpskf5bsts7.jpg

We had ring side seats from our balcony at the ships were provisioned in the drizzle .

The muster drill for us was in the Club Fusion and the early birds get the chairs

DSC08984_zpsepmhbrcb.jpg

The floor below had the dinner menu posted

DSC08987_zpstdmhugvb.jpg

Pat and I are currently in the 'waiting room' awaiting for the imminent delivery of the newest member of our rapidly growing family .

stork_zpsaqbbetyt.jpeg

Cecil is a Sealife 2000 , and should arrive sometime today . :) :D

LOL, almost had me fooled.:D

Joe, at least you found some good pictures and videos! Swimming with a Whale Shark and a Manta Ray are on my bucket list. I just never seem to be in the right place at the right time to make it happen. One of these days.......

Norris, if you're still here, I know what you mean about the Miami webcam. I have gotten lucky a few times and managed to pick out people I know. Usually I have been talking to them on the phone at the time so I knew exactly where to look and what they were wearing. I'm sure Carol is quite proficient at waving, so no need for her to endure your extended practice session. :D I will be watching, so pretend you see me and wave!

Joe, at least you found some good pictures and videos! Swimming with a Whale Shark and a Manta Ray are on my bucket list. I just never seem to be in the right place at the right time to make it happen. One of these days.......

Norris, if you're still here, I know what you mean about the Miami webcam. I have gotten lucky a few times and managed to pick out people I know. Usually I have been talking to them on the phone at the time so I knew exactly where to look and what they were wearing. I'm sure Carol is quite proficient at waving, so no need for her to endure your extended practice session. :D I will be watching, so pretend you see me and wave!

Hello Nancy , I'll Email you with camera info . The Whale sharks and Mantas were swimming together in the Summer , in Cancun , and Ty was with us ! :) :D :cool:

PICT0313-002_zpsiqm9vlda.jpg

Glad to see you can time travel as well Joe.:cool:

Loved the review on Regal, looking forward to the one on the CB.

With a little help from the Regal Princess . We received this copy of the Log the night before we had arrived ! We also noticed that its was printed as an Eastern Caribbean cruise , instead of a Western Caribbean . I wonder if they recycle ? :confused:

After the lifeboat drill we dropped the vests off at the cabin and changed cameras . Here's the view of the Zuiderdam down the rail .

IMG_6591_zpsj9bcoop7.jpg

Moving up top we see the Nieuw Amsterdam to our East

IMG_6604_zpsfows5t9i.jpg

Looking South now

IMG_6607_zpsm8hrrcvz.jpg

And another view of the Zuiderdam

IMG_6622_zpsvx42v2gj.jpg

To the West is the Allure of the Seas

IMG_6610_zps2ukbteth.jpg

And to the far North , by herself at Terminal # 2 , is the Regal

IMG_6613_zpsxc0dubo4.jpg

A stitch panorama shows 3 ships

IMG_662720Stitch-001_zpshb2rkbdc.jpg

Also to our East is the Atlantic ocean access and another stitch of the Silhouette

IMG_663120Stitch-001_zpspt9tqz7z.jpg

We've come full circle now

IMG_6637_zpsuff8p7bj.jpg

A high , wide angle Celebrity shot

IMG_664020Stitch-001_zpst3kt6n0w.jpg

Back in the cabin , it's time to cast off

IMG_6644-001_zpsyydcrjpq.jpg

and head out to sea .

IMG_664720Stitch-001_zpsntxpzyo7.jpg

With a little help from the Regal Princess . We received this copy of the Log the night before we had arrived ! We also noticed that its was printed as an Eastern Caribbean cruise , instead of a Western Caribbean . I wonder if they recycle ? :confused:

On our last cruise (Pacific Princess) I was waiting in line to change money at Guest Services and heard the woman in front of me screaming at the poor girl that the notification of the Elite cocktail hour had the cruise before ours on the title page instead of ours.

The dates inside and food offerings were all correct for our cruise - just the title page was wrong but this woman was going ballistic!! :eek:

The next day we got another notification with the correct title page. (This is a heavyweight invitation type card so not only did the poor girl at Guest Relations have to put up with that abuse but it was a total waste of money and paper to reprint that invitation.)

Edited by chamima

On our last cruise (Pacific Princess) I was waiting in line to change money at Guest Services and heard the woman in front of me screaming at the poor girl that the notification of the Elite cocktail hour had the cruise before ours on the title page instead of ours.

The dates inside and food offerings were all correct for our cruise - just the title page was wrong but this woman was going ballistic!! :eek:

The next day we got another notification with the correct title page. (This is a heavyweight invitation type card so not only did the poor girl at Guest Relations have to put up with that abuse but it was a total waste of money and paper to reprint that invitation.)

That poor employee ! Typos are something that happens and most people ignore or laugh about . Most of employee's on the ships do a great job and have a great attitude . Sometimes if I encounter an incident like this I will say what the employee may be thinking , but not free to say . In my observation of cruise ship passengers I have developed a theory . 90 % of them are decent enough folks who want to relax and enjoy themselves . But there is always a special few who are entitled to do what they want , at the expense of others . They can be very demanding and pushy and fail to recognize the boundaries of good behavior . It sounds like this person is a 10 percenter . :p

Thanks for your continued posting. We'll be sailing on the Zuiderdam in three weeks. It was a lot less expensive than going on the Coral Princess to the Panama Canal. I'm looking forward to some of the HAL touches but will definitely miss some Princess things.

Thanks for your continued posting. We'll be sailing on the Zuiderdam in three weeks. It was a lot less expensive than going on the Coral Princess to the Panama Canal. I'm looking forward to some of the HAL touches but will definitely miss some Princess things.

Fantastic ! We have only done 2 HAL cruises and loved them both . Celebrity , HAL and Princess are our favorites . :) :D

We were the first ones to break out of the pack leaving the port and the Zuiderdam in our wake

IMG_6654_zpsg7oin17k.jpg

IMG_6657_zpsoicphaoc.jpg

We won't be hearing the Love Boat theme

IMG_6666_zpsu9v7izvg.jpg

Time for her closeup

IMG_6669_zps2rgmec0z.jpg

Did we forget the Silhouette ?

IMG_6679_zpshmhkmkdz.jpg

The video clips :

Part # 1

Part # 2

Might be booking Caribbean Princess cruise for next year! Looking forward to you convincing me to do it! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may not be convincing , but are you planning on doing the Caribbean in Fall/Winter next year or Europe in the Summer ? Because I think that's where the CB will be .

Hi Scuba... I've been following this thread from the beginning, but have never posted - Yeah, I'm one of the 24k gawkers.

Your pics are absolutely amazing, I'm sure you take great pride in that. You prob shud create a business (maybe you have?) and try to sell some of them to Princess - they're much better than their contract photographers take.

One thing I've really noticed.... There are seldom/rarely/never - people in your photos. How do you accomplish that? Stay up all night, or up at 4am - never leave the ship while others go into port?? Maybe it's Photoshop! Kidding.. I doubt you would do that.

Anyway - thanks for doing this... must be your passion. Many of us appreciate that you take the time to make us all feel good remembering our times on these ships, or those looking forward to the first time.

Take care - I look forward to every morning waking and coming to look at this thread.

Doug

Hi Scuba... I've been following this thread from the beginning, but have never posted - Yeah, I'm one of the 24k gawkers.

Your pics are absolutely amazing, I'm sure you take great pride in that. You prob shud create a business (maybe you have?) and try to sell some of them to Princess - they're much better than their contract photographers take.

One thing I've really noticed.... There are seldom/rarely/never - people in your photos. How do you accomplish that? Stay up all night, or up at 4am - never leave the ship while others go into port?? Maybe it's Photoshop! Kidding.. I doubt you would do that.

Anyway - thanks for doing this... must be your passion. Many of us appreciate that you take the time to make us all feel good remembering our times on these ships, or those looking forward to the first time.

Take care - I look forward to every morning waking and coming to look at this thread.

Doug

Thank you for being a gawker and now a poster ! :cool:

I really appreciate your kind comments . Our son and my wife suggested I start a web site and merchandise it , but I fear that it would become a job , instead of a hobby that I enjoy .

Many of my shots are early in the morning when most of the people are sleeping . I acquired the early morning habit early in life and it was reinforced by my career as a Firefighter/Paramedic in Miami . We had to be at work before 7 AM and it was an hour and a half drive from where we live . The habit remained after my retirement . I'm not a Photoshopper , but I do edit with Picasa and Photobucket .

I'm not naturally outgoing , or a people person like my wife , but I do enjoy helping people ( part of the job that I really loved ) . And while I am naturally drawn to nature ( see our South America thread ) , but I would like to learn to take better photos of people also . :) :D

The sea was a little bumpy , but we didn't feel it like Catch my Drift or the buoy did .

IMG_6707_zpsvw1gjgku.jpg

They were fishing on the reef line and you may notice a color change in the water

IMG_6719_zpsje8je2xl.jpg

The pilot boat returning to port

IMG_6730_zpsycn43yoy.jpg

More color change as we hit the deeper and cleaner blue water

IMG_6747_zpsohdjnohd.jpg

The Love Boat exiting port

IMG_6751_zps8eezucti.jpg

IMG_6755_zps8gc88biz.jpg

The Videos :

Part # 3

Part # 4

Edited by scubacruiserx2

I acquired the early morning habit early in life and it was reinforced by my career as a Firefighter/Paramedic in Miami . We had to be at work before 7 AM and it was an hour and a half drive from where we live . The habit remained after my retirement .

Totally get it. I was in Air Traffic for 35 yrs and had to be at the airport many mornings by 5:45. You won't get it.. but up here 4am is snow/ice, you name it in the winter! Just had to be there.. not much sleep those nights.

Take Care...

Keep those pics coming.