The CB's aft balconies are fully covered

IMG_6948_zpsxiwyc4un.jpg

With our favorite view

IMG_6944_zpshmrkoob8.jpg

Which we thoroughly enjoyed while waiting for room service

IMG_6961_zpsanvwopmd.jpg

and as the shadow grew longer we moved forward for the sunset

DSC09021_zpsknpjwjll.jpg

pausing at the MUTS screen for a couple of photos .

IMG_698320Stitch-001_zpseqo8hi09.jpg

IMG_697920Stitch-001_zps7kk459ft.jpg

my wife likes that that about the ships passage ways, the carpet being colour coordinated for left and right and also the waves, show bow to stern. I do not need such help normally (my wife always tell me where to go :p) but I know a lot of people do.

Especially when their wife is still asleep . I use to drop a bread crumb trail but crew is always vacuuming ! ;)

I know what you mean about some people asking the officers the same inane and useless questions every cruise, and also the some that use it as a forum to complain, and most times over things that they have no control over.:eek:

Agreed ! In our experience individual issues are best resolved in in a calm reasonable manner with somebody who can help you , in private . Calling people out in public or trying to start a mutiny for personal gain usually doesn't work .

Us too , and while they didn't have it on the Regal , they did have it on the CB . :) :D

Joe,

We are on the CB in September, 2017 for the 12 night British Isles itinerary and wonder if they'll have it then? I've got to get over to the X boards and wish Norris and Carol a Bon Voyage, if they haven't already left yet. I figured after reading the first couple of pages of this review that you and Norris would be buddies given your affinity for photography and the excellent art you present on these boards.

Thanks for this Tale of Two review. My wife was on the Royal and really liked your Regal review. Looking forward to the rest. Keep up the good work!

Trip:D

Edited by MisterMet

Interesting to see the difference in the carpets and which way the waves point. It is those details that make the ship more fun.

Were you going to post a link to the CB Patters for this cruise?

I usually edit the photos chronologically as I go , uploaded them to Photobucket , and then post them when I have the time .

Joe,

We are on the CB in September, 2017 for the 12 night British Isles itinerary and wonder if they'll have it then? I've got to get over to the X boards and wish Norris and Carol a Bon Voyage, if they haven't already left yet. I figured after reading the first couple of pages of this review that you and Norris would be buddies given your affinity for photography and the excellent art you present on these boards.

Thanks for this Tale of Two review. My wife was on the Royal and really liked your Regal review. Looking forward to the rest. Keep up the good work!

Have you checked your Roll Call for an organised M&G ? Usually the organizer of that thread is the liaison with Princess . We didn't know if there would be representation attending or not , but on the Regal in February the CD and his assistant did a great job ! :) :D

Time for a dinner break and some football games .

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Have you checked your Roll Call for an organised M&G ? Usually the organizer of that thread is the liaison with Princess . We didn't know if there would be representation attending or not , but on the Regal in February the CD and his assistant did a great job ! :) :D

Time for a dinner break and some football games .

Joe,

My bad for a poor job of which comment I was quoting you on. Was referring to the Crab Shack from previous posts. I should, however, check into our Roll Call for the BI cruise soon. We went to a CC M & G on the X Summit and it was quite different. It was more informational questions about the ship (i.e. gallons of fuel, meals consumed, etc.). We didn't experience the airing of grievances I've read about so many times all over this site. Agree that there's a time and place for everything and the M & G is not about airing personal complaints. There's a Guest Relations desk for that on every ship! Enjoy the games!

Trip

Joe,

Are you on the Sept 10 sailing?

Joe,

My bad for a poor job of which comment I was quoting you on. Was referring to the Crab Shack from previous posts. I should, however, check into our Roll Call for the BI cruise soon. We went to a CC M & G on the X Summit and it was quite different. It was more informational questions about the ship (i.e. gallons of fuel, meals consumed, etc.). We didn't experience the airing of grievances I've read about so many times all over this site. Agree that there's a time and place for everything and the M & G is not about airing personal complaints. There's a Guest Relations desk for that on every ship! Enjoy the games!

Trip

We have been on the CB 5 times and they had the Cab Shack every time . Our best Crab Shack experience was on the Feb. Regal . We were a little disappointed after seeing the TV advertisement on the most recent Regal - and then they didn't have it . But we did enjoy it latter on the CB cruise .

We have been to a number of M&G's including 2 on the Eclipse , and they have all been different each time . But after the last one , we are considering just meeting the people that we will be touring with in a different way .

Edited by scubacruiserx2

At dinner time there was a beautiful sunset and we headed to one of our favorite viewing spots .

IMG_6987_zpsjuoa1jkq.jpg

Neptune's Reef and Pool was nice with the sun at our back . Another what's wrong with this photo ( hint: look at the man with the blue shirt and the white sleeves ) .

IMG_699320Stitch-001_zpsxmnooa0i.jpg

At the end of the Lido deck forward is a set of double doors

IMG_7005_zps7tjquor5.jpg

IMG_7006_zpsznpgx8cb.jpg

These lead to the top of the bridge and a view that you will not see on the Regal .

IMG_7010_zpsciv8azbb.jpg

Suddenly , a single Crepuscular ray ray broke through in the foreground . Zoom - Click !

IMG_7002-001_zpsgxpb7eys.jpg

From this vantage point you can see the bow , the crew's pool and their hot tub

IMG_7016_zpsnw4f28if.jpg

It's a very large area

IMG_702720Stitch-001_zpsvin67woh.jpg

The moon was nearly full

IMG_7054_zpsh1c7ahw8.jpg

Behind and above us is the fitness center and the Sanctuary

IMG_702320Stitch-001_zpsmiqtajqk.jpg

And even if you don't see the sun set over the horizon , the afterglow can be nice .

IMG_7095-001_zpsb1dz0z5v.jpg

The Sanctuary's windows

IMG_7103_zpsildmgq57.jpg

It was a formal night on the CB and we choose the buffet for dinner and kept our eyes on the prize - Diving in Roatan on the next day .

DSC01378_zpsed683a77.jpg

Roatan is the largest of the Bay Islands North of the Honduras .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roat%C3%A1n

DSC09026_zps9xbdacte.jpg

DSC09028_zpscgvcynry.jpg

DSC09029_zpsrtlim5hf.jpg

DSC09027_zpsiskyllrg.jpg

We have been coming here for almost 20 years on cruises and much of the island looks the same . But in 2009 Carnival opened the Mahogany Bay cruise center .

http://www.mahoganybaycc.com/news-events/caribbeans-newest-destination-62-million-mahogany-bay-cruise-center-in-roatan-officially-opens.aspx

C01_%20Mohagany%20Visitor%20Map_banner_zpszxkosy7q.jpg

Are you on the Sept 10 sailing?

Yes indeed!

We are going to spend 3 nights in London prior to the cruise. DW has never been there. She loves all things Royal Family.

Never been on a cruise e longer than 7 days so we're really looking forward to it. Are you on the same sailing?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by MisterMet

Yes indeed!

We are going to spend 3 nights in London prior to the cruise. DW has never been there. She loves all things Royal Family.

Never been on a cruise e longer than 7 days so we're really looking forward to it. Are you on the same sailing?

Great! Sailed out of Southampton a number of times so will be in London just a day prior. Let's just exchange notes on our Sept 10-22 Roll Call.

Apologies OP for off-topic post. But thanks for being a bridge to know MisterMet.

Edited by easyboy

After arriving at terminal 2 the line moved quickly through check in and we were ushered to priority embarkation lounge for a short time before boarding . While in line I recognized arowe6 , Andrew and Brad from their photos and reviews on Cruise Critic . It was a pleasure to meet them in person and see them during the cruise . :) :D

DSC08148_zpskwwutjo7.jpg

And just before noon it was time to board .

DSC08149_zpsv7bakjez.jpg

[/size]

Hi friends!!

Just saw this. Been crazy busy with the holidays. So much fun meeting you both. All these photos are bringing back great cruise memories.

Also, I see my head and Brad's hat in one of these photos :D

-Andrew

Hi friends!!

Just saw this. Been crazy busy with the holidays. So much fun meeting you both. All these photos are bringing back great cruise memories.

Also, I see my head and Brad's hat in one of these photos :D

-Andrew

It was nice to meet you and Brad and we hope that you are well and planning another cruise . I'm sorry that it 's not the most flattering photo of you and Brad ( or the one of Pat either ) , but rather designed to help the readers feel like they are there with us on our cruise . ;)

Some of my favorite photos are action filled and a little odd , but they convey good memories . In this one were snorkeling with the stingrays and our oldest grandson on his first cruise . A guide took the photo and the water drop on the lens was in the perfect place ! :)

He's 14 now and has a cast on his leg which we hope will be removed later this morning when we take him to the doctor . I wonder if I should take photos ?

PICT0081_zpsi2zbycmk.jpg

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Nice pic, shame you are slightly obscured.

Thank you Mic , but I do prefer taking photos to being in them !

A couple more from Ty's first cruise . The Turtle Farm in GC .

PICT0066_zpsaiivxwun.jpg

His first snorkel trip in Cozumel

PICT0059_zpselblbkve.jpg

The Teppanyaki restaurant on the NCL Pearl

PICT0058_zpshsuvpfki.jpg

Because we left from the Port of Miami we visited some of my friends at Station # 39 there . This is the first unit that will respond to a fire or Medical emergency at the POM .

PICT0090_zpsj9xqowl2.jpg

Take lots of photos grandpa , as they tend grow on you ! :) :D

Edited by scubacruiserx2