A Tale of two Princesses

scubacruiserx2

Joe, what am I seeing in this picture? Which Canon DLSR and lenses?

Norris

Well hello Norris , making a list and checking it twice ? ;)

Canon 6 D body

Canon EF 17-40 f 4 L

Canon EF 24-105 f 4 L

Canon 270 EX Speedlite

Black Rapid shoulder strap

Photo taken with my Sony pocket camera which has the fastest lens

SonyRX100005_zps31deba19.jpg

Not pictured was my telephoto

Canon EF 70 -300 f 4.5 L

mounted on a Canon SL 1 backup body in a Clik Elite case

f8987151-c477-41d3-a6c8-3229a1453347_zps80cee52f.jpg

I bought the EF lenses first , which I used with my crop sensor with the hope of a full frame in the future . The 6 D was the final purchase which I bought with a no interest loan .

I think if I were staying in your suite I would not want to leave! :eek: I have bookmarked the hotel in case we decide we want to drive down to FLL a day or so before our next cruise. :D

I can't wait for the rest of the story to unfold. :cool:

It was a beautiful suite , reminiscent of the one we had in the Driftwood Inn in Vero Beach , which our CC friend Gracie arranged for us . :) :D

I have a lot of photos to edit , so on with the tale . ;)

The beach is very wide here and we were in luck as it was low tide with the high tide line marked by some seaweed .

IMG_4530_zpseodcemm6.jpg

The strong onshore wind had also brought stinging Portuguese man o' war to the beaches . You should stay away and leave these things alone !

portuguese_man_o_war_2_from_flikr_4Neus_300px_zpsme8co3n8.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_man_o'_war

It had also brought some wavelets for playing

IMG_4498_zpshyjvgigr.jpg

IMG_4506_zpsl5dg5d2a.jpg

When I took this photo I thought that it was more snowbirds flying South , but it was a pod of pelicans .

IMG_4522-001_zpswbkfonbc.jpg

The viewing point of the Port Everglades inlet is about a 5 minute walk along the beach . My wide angle setting bent the condo toward the water and the spit of land that I would be using to photograph the cruise ships sail away from .

IMG_4479_zpshvzvohqh.jpg

As we neared the viewing area there a lot of small sailboats on the horizon

IMG_4553_zpsksspxjxh.jpg

This is the spit of land where I decided to take photos

IMG_456720Stitch-001_zpsbobbr3qt.jpg

With the low angle and the sun in our face it was hard to take a good photograph of the 4 ships in port

IMG_4560_zpsdzliespd.jpg

Better with some cloud cover . But who would be the first ship out of the port ?

IMG_4594_zps9lacvawi.jpg

Emerging from the pack and a dream-like fog was the CB

IMG_4598_zpsu8gesalf.jpg

I thought that I heard one of the small boat sailors exclaim , Oh spit ! , or something like that .

IMG_4613_zpsj5iopqbb.jpg

Here's a video clip and you can really hear the wind ripping :

Joe, thanks for the camera info.

It's a small world after all...no that Disneyworld song isn't stuck in my brain thankfully.

I was just reading my Emerald Princess review from October 2015 where I mention upgrading my camera to a 6D. After my recent Alaska cruise where I used a rented Canon L Lens I added an F4 24-70mm L to my bag and will buy an F4 16-35mm L for my X cruise a month from now. For zoom shots I am taking along my EFS 55-250mm and as it only fits a crop-sensor camera I have to take my current camera, the T3i.

I have rented a 6D for the cruise to confirm I want one before splurging. I get it a few days before I sail. I have done a lot of research via Youtube but want hands-on experience before committing to the spend. Your photos will help me in my decision.

Are you happy with it so far?

Norris

Joe, thanks for the camera info.

It's a small world after all...no that Disneyworld song isn't stuck in my brain thankfully.

I was just reading my Emerald Princess review from October 2015 where I mention upgrading my camera to a 6D. After my recent Alaska cruise where I used a rented Canon L Lens I added an F4 24-70mm L to my bag and will buy an F4 16-35mm L for my X cruise a month from now. For zoom shots I am taking along my EFS 55-250mm and as it only fits a crop-sensor camera I have to take my current camera, the T3i.

I have rented a 6D for the cruise to confirm I want one before splurging. I get it a few days before I sail. I have done a lot of research via Youtube but want hands-on experience before committing to the spend. Your photos will help me in my decision.

Are you happy with it so far?

Norris

You're welcome Norris , and I also had a T3i ( which my DIL now uses ) . I have used it for at least 18 months and yes , I am still thrilled to use it ! :cool:

A telephoto shot of the CB

IMG_4622_zps7ddxzp6k.jpg

and a wide angle

IMG_4624_zpssp7gvgk1.jpg

Ladies and gentleman , boys and girls , the Caribbean Princess .

IMG_4632_zpsgrydrcj1.jpg

IMG_4636-001_zpsz25elqb5.jpg

At this point waves of brown water began washing over my dry feet up to my knees ! Maybe I shouldn't have made that wisecrack about a magic pipe on the almost Live thread .

IMG_4638_zps0ulvzioi.jpg

This is the video clip :

We will see you next week !

IMG_4642_zpswreldgry.jpg

IMG_4598_zpsu8gesalf.jpg

A telephoto shot of the CB

IMG_4622_zps7ddxzp6k.jpg

Since the CB is the next ship we are booked to sail on, I am loving all of your awesome photos of her, but the two in this post are my absolute favorites! With your permission, I would like to use them as wallpaper so I can look at them every time I log on and get excited about our upcoming cruise.

The rays of sun shining through the clouds onto the ship in the first one is beautiful! The second one brings me back many years to my days of sailing small boats similar to the ones in your picture. While I spent many exciting days sailing those small boats, I am glad I never had anything even close to the size of the CB bearing down on me like that! :eek:

What a great place to watch the ships go by!! Loving the pics and video! Just returned from Ft. Lauderdale myself back to NY and am missing that lovely sunshine...

It really was Kim , and it was our first visit there to see the ships come and go .

So will you by having a white Christmas ? We miss Pat's parents and going to Michigan for a visit at Christmas time !!

Edited by scubacruiserx2

Since the CB is the next ship we are booked to sail on, I am loving all of your awesome photos of her, but the two in this post are my absolute favorites! With your permission, I would like to use them as wallpaper so I can look at them every time I log on and get excited about our upcoming cruise.

The rays of sun shining through the clouds onto the ship in the first one is beautiful! The second one brings me back many years to my days of sailing small boats similar to the ones in your picture. While I spent many exciting days sailing those small boats, I am glad I never had anything even close to the size of the CB bearing down on me like that! :eek:

Of course Nancy , you may use any of the photos and thank you for asking . Will this be your first Princess cruise ?

We were quite surprised to see such small boats so far out to sea on a windy , bumpy day . When they came in it looked like several were in line and being towed by a powerboat with a line .