Bon voyage list

DMRick

Even if someone has the "official" list it doesn't mean it's correct. I booked on once when the list said they were done for the season. You can always try calling Princess again and see if you get a different answer. ;)

I asked if it was full, and they told me there was none on this cruise. I was told that the last time too, but it wasn't true. After calling a few times I found someone with more knowledge after I found a list of BVE cruises with them. She was one of 14 on the BVE.

Thanks Thrak.. I'll try again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked a BVE for us on the Regal this month after our cruise on the CB. I called the regular number (1-800-774-6237). Perhaps I just got lucky to get a rep who knew what I was talking about. There were only three of us booked for the BVE that we took. The future cruise consultant gave us a great personalized tour of the ship. The other person on the BVE did not show up in time for the tour.

I'm really glad we had a chance to see the Regal before booking a cruise on it.

When calling Princess you must specifically ask for the Bon Voyage Department. :)

Good advice. I called and asked about a BVE and the rep had no idea what I was talking about. I spelled it out for her as Bon Voyage Experience and she still didn't have a clue. She put me on hold and asked around and then directed my call to the BVE folks. Never expect a Princess phone rep to know everything. I doubt that most of them have ever even been on a cruise ship let alone taken an actual cruise.

Edited by Thrak

My TA called and they really are not having this experience on my cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is not an exhaustive or well-researched answer, but I have noticed that they seem to skip cruises on or adjacent to holidays... maybe they have their hands full?

On other blackout dates I imagine that this may be due to coinciding with dates of non-random inspections or drills, or dates w/high crew turnover, or key crew turnover, such as the BVE host or other key personnel.

I wish there was a dedicated BVE line. So many times the 1800-Princess line provides incorrect information regarding BVE. Having to call back to find a knowledgeable agent can be frustrating :(

Also bummed that there usually isn't a BVE after a dry dock. I can understand why, delays, but I would have loved my sister to do a BVE with us on our last cruise and due to dry dock (before our sailing), not available. :(